Can the game be 100% in a month's time?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic
Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just curious, if I were to start this game say Memorial Day weekend and play it 4-7 hours a day M-F (maybe 9-10 hours every Wed), is it possible to have it 100% complete by July 2nd?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

It can be done within an hour using code device codes & button cheats, but that's not what you want to do, obviously. To answer your question, your ambitious goal seems achievable.

Here's a layout of how to organize your objectives:

-Week 1: Complete all storyline + asset missions, purchase all safe houses, complete gym missions & vehicle challenges.

-Week 2: Complete all odd job missions, ammu-nation shooting range, import/export crane, finish chariot schools with a least a bronze.

-Week 3: Complete all stadium events, win all race tournaments and all pickup items.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

^^Dude keep that cheats out of this section. OT: You can complete San Andreas in quite short time, here is 100% walkthrough of SA completed in 15 hours which is record by the way. Normal time is 25-30 hours but if you are playing for the first time it might take longer. So you should be able to complete the game within month with ease.

lol232
  • lol232

The Hardwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Tss! If you speedrun the game, you can complete it in less than a week, my record for completing SA 100% is 5 days (Technically 6).
Yes, it's possible, good luck!

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm not trying to speed run through it, I'm just wanting to know if I took my time and enjoyed it if it could be done in a month's time. And I would be doing the side missions and story missions all together. I wouldn't complete a story mission that takes me to a new area until I have completed everything in that first area.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

I'm not fan of speedruns either. Just take your time and make sure you enjoy of it. wink.gif You should be able to do it within a month even without any rushing.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

My record of completing GTA San Andreas 100% is one week. Had to playa lot and I topped a lot too for toilet breaks and everything! tounge.gif

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 08:36)
My record of completing GTA San Andreas 100% is one week. Had to playa lot and I topped a lot too for toilet breaks and everything! tounge.gif

This is where you failed! No time for toilet breaks! Just do it on the chair! tounge.gif

OP: don't rush it. The game is legen - wait for it - dary. Legendary. You'd enjoy it much more if you take it slow.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess now my only decision is whether or not I should just dig out my PS2 and its galore of cables or just buy it off PSN.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

PS2, you don't want to pay for what you already have.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

of course it can
I am watching a youtube set of vids where someone speed-100%ed GTA SA in about 15 or 16 hours of gameplay - but he is a freak (as in very good)
with the hours you are proposing it can be done in about a week if you know what you are doing
2 weeks if you don't speedrun and go at a leisurely pace (given your freaky amount of time for wednesdays)

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

Nobody likes me here...I think...

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Well the game can be completed even within a day but it depends upon how much xperienced you are playing it..How much keen u are to complete it..
Just some ideas which might help u in completing the game fastly..Avoid too much eating,dating ur gf's & some other useless activities..

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (arijitsen @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 08:43)
Well the game can be completed even within a day but it depends upon how much xperienced you are playing it.

100% can't be done within the day. Yes, some guy completed 100% game in 15hours playing time, but it cost him countless ammount of reloads too so it took him actually quite a few weeks of playing plus he spent quite a lot time planning too. Also playing 15hours straight without losing concentration or without any fail is pretty much impossible thing to do. Even 24hours is way too low time to do that. So it's definitely not possible to complete within a day.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Any decent Role Playing/Adventure/Puzzel game should take a minimum of 40 Hours.
Paying 50$US (original price) for a game that can be done in 16-24 hours isn't worth the expense.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 15:20)
Any decent Role Playing/Adventure/Puzzel game should take a minimum of 40 Hours.
Paying 50$US (original price) for a game that can be done in 16-24 hours isn't worth the expense.

I disagree. I would rather play an amazing 8-10 hour game like God of War or Uncharted over a sub par 40-50 hour game like Final Fantasy XIII.

Longer does not equal better.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by lil weasel, 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 02:06)
PS2, you don't want to pay for what you already have.

Because I have to dig out the PS2 from the box I packed it up in when I moved. Get the plugs and component cables out. Unhook the Wii's component cables from my tv and just have those lying on the floor while I have the PS2 connected, have the PS2 controller's cord across the floor for whatever length of time it takes me to play the game, while also having to find a spot to put the PS2 (which would probably be on the coffee table across from the tv, etc. It might sound like I'm trying to be lazy, but when you have to keep remembering to not trip over the cords when you walk past the tv to get to the computer or to the computer to get to the rest of the apartment, it becomes more annoying than anything else.

EDIT: PLEASE, Don't Double Post. Use the Edit button if your previous post is unanswered.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Tuesday, Mar 12 2013, 15:20)

But that guy who completed game obviously rushed through it and only did required things to 100%. If you do other things as well and you don't rush through game it will take more than 30 hours, maybe in case of SA more than 40 hours. monocle.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 12 March 2013 - 10:02 PM.

You know what, never mind. I'm not even going to bother trying to 100% the game because I just remembered I cannot beat Zero's missions without the cheat codes. The only one I have ever been able to beat the Air Raid mission is by slowing down time and I have never beaten the Supply Lines mission afterwards, EVER!

EDIT: I said screw it and bought it off PSN.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Don't even get me started on Supply Lines. That mission is a hassle, but you can't get 100% without completing it (unless you use cheat device codes - can't discuss cheats/codes outside the "Cheats & Tricks" section).

Travs.
  • Travs.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:45 AM

if you want to complete 100% in a month time, sit on your toilet with your pants down, bring a fridge with a month supply of food, bring a pillow for 20minute power naps, and you'll do it.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

lol

I'm good. I actually started playing yesterday and did all 100 sprayings along with getting the 15 oysters I can at the moment. However, I cannot get the Unique Stunt Jumps to work for me no matter what I try.

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

Try doing unique stunt jumps with NRG-500...It would be easier..But some may require using cars..

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:45 PM

So would I be better off doing the stunt jumps, firefighter, ambulance, taxi missions, pimp missions, and the stuff like the BMX challenges before I even continue the game due to the gang territory crap coming up soon? I don't want to be in the middle of the ambulance missions (I'm also guessing they do not save every 5 missions like they did in VCS) and have my territory suddenly under attack. In fact, if I recall, the whole gang territory was one of the major annoyances with this game (the airplane missions being the other).

Also, I must ask, what is the best way to take out the gangs? In the past I always used the cheat codes for more health and armor (along with the rocket launcher and jet pack to go onto the roofs), is it even possible to survive waves of enemies without using them?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by lil weasel, 16 March 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Doing paramedic, burglary, firefighting, vigilante early is for their benefits (health, sprint, fireproof, body armour and Money).
• Gang territory only applies for limited times, twice, in the game.
• Best weapons for Gang wars are molotov cocktails, rpg missile launcher, M4 rifle, Sniper-Rifle, and Desert Eagle pistol. ALL are available FREE from the start of the game in Los Santos. [Weapons Guide 2012]
Cocktails and RPG will kill mass groups through hedges, walls, decks, and floors. M4 rifle outranges AK47, Desert Eagle kills one shot. RPG and Sniper-rifle takes out distant enemies before they enter the zone.
Don't worry about counter-attacks, just start a sub-mission and cancel it. Police Motorcycle is best for transport during the wars.
• Start the war with the Desert Eagle, and run (sprint) to the farthest end. Wipe out the enemy with cocktails. Toss and advance three paces and toss again. repeat. If the enemies are farther away use the other weapons as desired. It may take practice but I've actually done zones and never had CJ been hit.
• You can control the entry of the enemy by facing away from where you want them to come from. This works most of the time.
• 'Cute' weapons like the mini-gun, shotguns, and pistols other than the DE get CJ killed, or are of little tactical value.
• Use the sniper-rifle from a war zone to start a war to kill enemies in other zones. Especially that tiny sliver of land South of the County General Hospital, and the Jefferson Motel.
• Use a molotov cocktail from inside the Skate park to start that war zone.
• When attempting to start a war you must kill three guys, but don't do it too fast or the game won't register the hits.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 01:31)
• 'Cute' weapons like the mini-gun, shotguns, and pistols other than the DE get CJ killed, or are of little tactical value.

But mini-gun doesn't require any weapon skill. Desert Eagle with no weapon skill is rubbish.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

How in the world would you define a cute weapon? If someone was pointing a gun at my face the last thing that would be running through my head is how cute a gun is.
  • josepha916 likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 11:41)
How in the world would you define a cute weapon? If someone was pointing a gun at my face the last thing that would be running through my head is how cute a gun is.

even if it was painted pink

16 5 5

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 17:12)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Mar 16 2013, 11:41)

even if it was painted pink

16 5 5

That cute will be cute to the shooter not to the guy who is gonna take the bullet. tounge.gif

TheGodfather.
  • TheGodfather.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by arijitsen, 16 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

QUOTE (lw)
'Cute' weapons like the mini-gun

suicidal.gif U think a 50 caliber mass murdering weapon with 500 rounds blasting off heads like sh*t is a cute weapon..*Double insane Facepalm* wink.gif

Just coudn't resist my feelings.. tounge.gif

Anyways OT Just follow what lw said ..It should help u.. wink.gif

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Is there any way to make body armor spawn in my safe houses?

Is the NRG faster than the PCJ? I mean, I did all of the stunt jumps in VC with the PCJ, so I am unsure why I cannot so the same again.

Anyway, I just found out another thing that is going to make it impossible for me to achieve 100%, flying races. nervous.gif Just doing the missions is going to be bad enough, but races. Shoot me now. suicidal.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users