Photo

Why ... ?

195 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Come to think of it, it would look even sillier CJ using a silenced pistol while the Triads use M4's.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

Rival? You don't see them fighting among themselves. And as Tenpenny says he's keeping the gangs in balance. It's only GSF doing the gang wars, and near the end Cesar's, with CJ's help.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

Outside of missions, Ballas, Vagos & Rifas will attack each other if in the same territory. Rifas will attack Ballas or Vagos on sight & Ballas or Vagos will attack Rifas on sight, whereas Ballas & Vagos will badmouth each other and eventually attack. So yeah, I'd say rival is fitting.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

The silenced pistol is useless except in specific missions. It takes 3 shots at any distance. You have to be close enough to head shot to kill in one, else Everybody hears it.
The Game doesn't play fair either. The Desert Eagle is one-shot, one-kill except in some missions it is downgraded to almost normal pistol 2 and 3 shots.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Got to say, I don't remember seeing any cross territory gangs. Except for the street leading to the Airport Security Gate. And, then when the Ballas appear Cesar's people disappear.
I've seen gang members shoot other NPCs and Cops, that's about it.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Desert Eagles (like M4's) ruin the element of surprise. I liked the plot of parachuting out of a plane as a surprise attack, but the surprise is sabotaged with most weapons. All I was saying was a silenced pistol would have been the best if the agenda was to surprise.

The Desert Eagle isn't downgraded in some missions, it's just the NPC's have stronger health.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

By default, gangs do not share territories; I came to these conclusions experimenting with territory codes, but you can make cross gang territories. All gangs will attach each other, though some will attack on sight & others will badmouth for 15 seconds then attack.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 07:57)
The Desert Eagle isn't downgraded in some missions, it's just the NPC's have stronger health.

Same end result for the DE.
And, the dysfunctional Silenced-Pistol makes it inefficient.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 April 2013 - 10:38 PM.

HighJack mission questions:

#1. What did Toreno need the Tanker for?
#2. How did it even fit in the Garage?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 April 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Crates bursting on Catalyst & Robbing Uncle Sam?

If you miss when throwing the crates to Ryder during Catalyst, they burst; if you instruct Ryder to throw crates at the national guard, they burst upon landing. Why? These crates contain guns, not fireworks, so this makes no sense.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Money.
If you park it (or a similar rig) along side the building it would 'just' fit.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by lil weasel, 18 April 2013 - 09:41 PM.

It's merely for the Game effect.
Even if the crates did have 'ammunition' in real life they would only break apart, No Explosions.
You didn't ask how was Ryder able to 'catch' the crates.
You didn't ask how was Ryder able to lift the other crates? CJ used a forklift...
sly.gif

Where you aware that if you smash a crate at the National Guard Warehouse you might find a surprise in it?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 April 2013 - 10:37 PM.

Why did Seville BLVD drive Sentinels?

When you drive Sweet & his girlfriend away, Seville BLVD chase you while driving Sentinels, but why? Unused gang # 9 & 10 (can't be seen with PS2 cheat devices or PC mods) drive Sentinels as well as the Sindaccos. Which gang did they want to defect to?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Some questions would be better directed to the Producers and story writers of the game.

I am going to Condense All the 'Why' topics under one topic "Why..."

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

They were clearly set tripping, so they may not have wanted to join another gang but simply to break off as their own start-up gang. Or if not, maybe they wanted to become the head of the Families and the way to set themselves apart was to use a different style of vehicle, hoping that the other sets [not including Grove Street] would follow their new choice.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 21 April 2013 - 10:41 AM.

EDIT: < merged "Why..." topic into this topic >

Is the white shirted Ballas gang member gay? Note that he had a gay lisp.

Forgot to cite a link:

Is the striped shirted Aztecas gang member gay? He says: "You like my money shot, CJ?" at 7:36-7:37

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 12:53)

It could just be a speech impediment.

Is the striped shirted Aztecas gang member gay? He says: "You like my money shot, CJ?" at 7:36-7:37

No, he's probably just mocking him.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

Why does GSF have appalling aiming?

GSF members wielding Desert Eagles & MP5s get slaughtered by rival gangs wielding 9mms & Uzis. I changed their weapons and it quickly became evident that they have perfect aim with all the shotguns unlike the other guns. Why is this?

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

idk but a least we got the main traitors

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

gay lisp.

What's that?

Also, at 4:39: "You like the money shot holmes"

I didn't know that "money shot" could have such a meaning, to me it just means a very good photograph. But I do think he's just mocking CJ. That's what they do.

The black dude with a red shorts (often seen near beach areas) is probably gay. When he talks to CJ, it often ends with him being wasted, lol.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 21:35)
Why does GSF have appalling aiming?

GSF members wielding Desert Eagles & MP5s get slaughtered by rival gangs wielding 9mms & Uzis. I changed their weapons and it quickly became evident that they have perfect aim with all the shotguns unlike the other guns. Why is this?

IMO everyone except police, drug dealers and CJ have appalling aiming. Police and drug dealers seems to have "gangster level" because they aim and roll, other characters seems to be at "poor" level.

Perfect aim with shotguns? Are you sure? The point with a shotgun is that you can suck at aiming and still hit your target.

And why are cop bikers so bad at riding their bike? They ride all day long, yet they fall off it all the time. tounge.gif They're like CJ when his Bike stat is zero. Cops that drive cars are pretty damn good at driving.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

The term "lisp" is a slang term for an intonation. Gay lisp means he has a very feminine voice.

The term "money shot" typically refers to a good photograph, but the adult movie industry uses it as slang for a males secretions. The Azteca gang member (Hispanic and wears a striped shirt) also makes derogatory comments about CJ's sister, so either way he's probably taunting him.

The shorts the black Ballas gang member is wearing is supposed to be purple instead of red, but anyway, he's surely gay because he says "baby boy" in one of his quotes.

In terms of aiming skill, it goes: CJ>some mission characters>police>dealers>enemy gangsters>Ally gangsters. For some reason, Grove gangsters almost never hit their targets when using 9mms, Tec9,s MP5s, Desert Eagles and etc. However, they always hit their target (and often get head shots) when wielding the regular Shotgun, Sawed-off Shotgun or Combat Shotgun. Basically, they get killed with most guns and kill with shotguns.

Yeah, I'm glad the motorcycling cops aren't as skilled on a bike as Freddy, it's still weird though. When in cars, they often pit maneuver me. Swat, FBI & the Military are worse at driving, but they have better weapons to recompense.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 23:25)
The shorts the black Ballas gang member is wearing is supposed to be purple instead of red, but anyway, he's surely gay because he says "baby boy" in one of his quotes.

I'm not talking about a gang member, I'm talking about a normal ped often seen near beaches, he can be heard flattering other males, even CJ.
The clerk at Pro-Laps says weird things too. He's in fact worse than than the red shorts guy.

In terms of aiming skill, it goes: CJ>some mission characters>police>dealers>enemy gangsters>Ally gangsters. For some reason, Grove gangsters almost never hit their targets when using 9mms, Tec9,s MP5s, Desert Eagles and etc. However, they always hit their target (and often get head shots) when wielding the regular Shotgun, Sawed-off Shotgun or Combat Shotgun. Basically, they get killed with most guns and kill with shotguns.

Desert Eagle is one shot one kill after CJ reaches Gangster level. But it is also one shot one kill when GSF uses it! They are obviously not at Gangster level, but they do have the Gangster level's firepower.

Swat, FBI & the Military are worse at driving, but they have better weapons to recompense.

I don't know, it could be that the regular cops have a better vehicle. The heavier vehicles don't handle as well.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Here is a red shirted guy that has indisputable gay lines. There is much more, I just don't have the patience to document it all now.

1:51-1:52: "You need friendly time, mister?"
0:37-0:40: "I told him darling, I've got what you need."
1:56-1:57: "Too bad I just filed my nails!"

When GSF shoot shotguns, they can move while firing, which indicates they're on Hitman level. That might answer that question.

That surely explains that; the larger vehicles being slower with poor precision.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Wednesday, Apr 24 2013, 04:25)
The term "lisp" is a slang term for an intonation. Gay lisp means he has a very feminine voice.

In my area it's called Efem.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

Why is it when I cause chaos in LS, SF & lV, ambulances show up to revive people & firetrucks show up to extinguish fires?
When I cause chaos in the badlands & desert, ambulances and firetrucks never show up to revive people or extinguish fires.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

No phones (or towers), so there's no calls for help.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 22:03)
Why is it when I cause chaos in LS, SF & lV, ambulances show up to revive people & firetrucks show up to extinguish fires?
When I cause chaos in the badlands & desert, ambulances and firetrucks never show up to revive people or extinguish fires.

Lol. A follow-up question:

Why is it that the Ambulance driver run over and kill people they have just revived?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

It's a 'hint' on you do the Paramedic missions quickly. Once the patient is no longer a patient you drive to the next as fast as possible.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 17:53)
EDIT: < merged "Why..." topic into this topic >

Forgot to cite a link:

Omg, these are hillarious.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Why is it if I store more than 4 aircrafts in the Verdant Meadows garage, the 5th (and beyond) eventually vanish? Many more than that can fit just fine.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users