» «
Photo

Why ... ?

195 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 13 May 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Why do Aztecas & Rifas wear the same color bandana? I find it annoying observing two rival gangs wearing the same colors and shooting/hitting each other.

Stromae
  • Stromae

Mi Na Badman

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well, I assume they attack each other because of the simple fact that they're two diffrerent gangs.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

No....

Aztecs colors are Cylon/Cylan

And the Rifa are light blue.

Pretty much every gang hates the Rifa, due to the drug factory.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 20 April 2013 - 10:32 AM.

Why did B-Dup & Og-Loc get away with betraying CJ? Isn't this a shame?

Isn't it messed up how Ryder & Smoke get blasted twinkle twinkle to the heavens for their betrayal whereas Dup & Loc get pardoned? I don't consider chasing someone down to scold them & sue them is vengeance. Likewise, I don't understand how invading someones home to scold them & them getting punched by one of their drug clients is vengeance either.

What was Rockstar thinking?

That Grove street Homie
  • That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

Well, you were originally suppose to kill B-Dup, but you make a good point.

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

Interesting point, I have never thought about it. Maybe CJ didn't want to waste his time on them, not sure?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I could see why he let OG Loc go. CJ was partially responsible for his success. Had he shot OG Loc, he would have been shooting a part of himself. But seriously, once Loc's success was gone - it (partially) stopped funding Big Smoke's drug syndicate. Stopping the drugs was CJ's main concern in the game, and Loc didn't have anything to do with CJ's mom's death so it wasn't needed.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Big-Bear came back to the Grove! biggrin.gif

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Probably they were humiliated badly and they run-away with no reason.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

My Theory:
Big Smoke and Ryder were involved in the death of CJ's mom. B-Dup was not with Grove anymore but he had nothing to do with it. OG Loc was in jail (probably got arrested before the drive-by) and he could'nt do anything. Big Smoke and Ryder were all the time lying to CJ and Grove when B-Dup and Loc were honest most of the time. B-Dup is left alive because there is no evidence that he attacked grove himself. He was probably busy giving orders to Bear so he can have sparkling toilet. OG Loc is left alive because he never attacked grove (He actually never left grove). No gunfire, no melee. He is still living in grove anyway. He was chased because he was doing this for Madd Dogg and wanted to fix everything he broke in Dogg's life. Loc then loses his rap career.And Big Smoke and Ryder were killed for just teaming up with Ballas, betraying grove, lying all the time, and being involved in death of CJ's Mom.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

OG Loc was CJ's own creation so punishing him would be unfair, he wouldn't be of any relevance to Big Smoke's organisation had CJ not stepped in.

B-Dup was exposed for the man he is, he presumably went into hiding because he couldn't live around any GSF. In my opinion that's enough, once you take over all the gang territories there is no room left for him in town.

MyDog
  • MyDog

FC BARCELONA

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Smoke and Ryder were directly involved in killing CJ's mother, which resulted in an attempt on Sweet's life. B-Dup left Grove to become a drug dealer, but he wasn't all that important so that he had to be eliminated. Same for Loc, he was just a rapper.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 21:52)
Probably they were humiliated badly and they run-away with no reason.

OG Loc had a reason to be humiliated THIS WEBSITE says "Some claim LOC was the worst rapper ever to pick up a mic" and that "He disappeared without a trace after one poorly received record". Getting punked out my another rapper [Madd Dogg] is enough to never show your face in public again.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (MyDog @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 20:43)
B-Dup left Grove to become a drug dealer, but he wasn't all that important so that he had to be eliminated.

Agreed, B-Dup isn't that important for CJ, nothing to be worry about, killing him wouldn't worth the trouble. And also it's not interesting when everybody dies he is basically one of the very few people from GSF who stayed alive throughout the whole game.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Although it wasn't stated in the game here is what I think happened:
As much as CJ seems stupid and naive in the game I think he decided to go ahead and plan to kill the "top dogs" instead of going from the bottom. O.G. Loc seemed more like a pawn than a top dog. Plus if he had in-fact killed O.G. Loc before Big Smoke. He would have seen it coming, and he would have had time to prepare for CJ attacking him. He may have been more protected if he saw a bunch of the people whom also played a part in betraying CJ die.

If Smoke's gang members (pawns as I call them) all died he would have been more alert, basically.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:18 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 20 April 2013 - 10:31 AM.

Why is T-Bone Mendez called "T-Bone" Mendez?
What does "T-Bone" signify?

Mendez is obviously his surname, so that aspect makes sense, but is there an explanation for the "T" or the "Bone"?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

and why is Sweet called Sweet? jesus...

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Gee, probably because Sweet is based off a real gang leader who went by the nickname "sour". A half-wit attempt at sarcastically answering a question with a question on your end, buddy. Try a little research before you call me out, will you please?

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

You really think there's a deep reason why they called him T-Bone, you think they spent hours trying to find the right nickname for him? you pretty much increase my faith in stereotypes...

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

There seems to be a pattern; a pattern of characters being based off actual people. I've made many connections in this regard except for T-Bone Mendez. If that constitutes as "deep", then I suppose so. They spent hours revising and editing much of everything else. You'd do the same too if you wanted to make a profit. Now can anyone provide a REAL rebuttal to my inquiry?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

How about: A T-Bone steak is a hearty cut, so a person whose name is Tomaso or Terry may like the name "T-Bone" because it has a "Beefy" or "Strong" connotation.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

One word - steak.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Maybe they (Rockstar) just liked the name.
What about Ryder? What about Big Smoke? What about Big Poppa?
The list could go on smile.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Future Uncle

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

it'll be cos he is tough
or maybe he likes steak

realistic steak

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:59 AM Edited by OrionSR, 03 March 2013 - 03:25 AM.

When Mendez was young he was called Bones because he was very skinny, but he earned the edgier name T-Bone, after the famous Texas guitar player T-Bone Walker, due to his skills as a bass player. Walker gets the name T-Bone from a corruption of his middle name, Aaron Thibeaux Walker.

Or he's a crappy driver who tends to run red lights and plow into the side of crossing traffic.

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Before R* released it, he was meant to be a bigger guy(beefier) which you can clearly see by his artwork:
user posted image
It's prolly that..

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 29 May 2013 - 06:27 AM.

Gangs killed on missions don't count. Why?

-Ballas killed on Cleaning the hood, Drive-Thru, Drive-By, Green sabre, End of the line and etc doesn't raise your enemy gangs killed stats.

-Vagos killed on Wrong side of the tracks, A home in the hills, Los desperados, End of the line and etc doesn't raise your enemy gangs killed stats.

-Rifas killed on Pier 69, End of the Line don't raise your enemy gangs killed stats.

-Da Nang boys killed on Amphibious assault, The Da Nang thang, Outrider and etc doesn't raise your enemy gangs killed stats.

-Mafia killed on Freefall, The meat business, Saint Mark's bistro and etc doesn't raise your enemy gangs killed stats.

The only exceptions I've encountered are the Ballas killed during gang wars on Doberman, Beat down on B-Dup & Grove 4 life. Seemingly, only gangsters killed on the street or in gang wars count on your enemy gangs killed stats. Can this phenomenon be explained?

[COLOR=gray][j]

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think it's because they are scripted NPCs that don't randomly appear like the ones on the street or in gang wars, they are meant for missions.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Seems that the ones you Must kill don't count, but raise Respect.

Sizeway
  • Sizeway

Ambitious Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yeah B dup never attacked the Grove or hurt any of CJ's friends or family...He was only some guy that decided drugs were more important than his set..No threat to the Grove

OG Loc only stole rhymes and became famous off of another man's lyrics. He was never a real gangster to begin with, and he wouldnt have attacked the grove anyways he was weak (The reason why he ran from CJ)

Big Smoke and Ryder are another story

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users