Quantcast

» «
Photo

Newbie needs help in getting started up (c#)

3 replies to this topic
ConnorBox
  • ConnorBox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by ConnorBox, 03 March 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Hey guys, thanks for reading

I've done a fair amount of reading about coding using C# but I'm having trouble getting to the stage where i can actually start coding.

I have Microsoft Visual Studio C# 2010 express, i read on an old tutorial that i needed to add the netscripthook.dll as a reference, but i believe this had been outdated and all i have is scripthook.dll which causes this error;

" A reference to C:\Program Files\Steam........\GTAIV\Scripthook.dll could not be added. Please make sure the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component "

How do i get to the point where i can actually start writing the code?

(needs to be a method compatible with simple native trainer, latest version of GTA IV and multiplayer )

Basically, what should i add as the reference?

Thanks again, and any help is much appreciated

(I know some of you must be very frustrated with all these newbs asking stupid questions! tounge.gif )

EDIT: Is c# the right language to use? I chose it as i heard it was much easier than c++

What i'm asking the script modders is, when you go to make a script, what program do you open up, what references do you make, all those "simple" steps that get you to the point where you start typing the code

EDIT: Found out that netscripthook.dll is not outdated and im coding using that, feel free to close this smile.gif

pedro2555
  • pedro2555

Open Sourcer

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

the reference you should add is to scripthookdotnet.dll, there should be a folder 'for developers' in the scripthook package with that file.

feel free to pm me if you need help with c#.

ConnorBox
  • ConnorBox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (pedro2555 @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 13:00)
the reference you should add is to scripthookdotnet.dll, there should be a folder 'for developers' in the scripthook package with that file.

feel free to pm me if you need help with c#.

Thanks, i didn't have netscripthook.net.dll originally, as i thought it was outdated

And i shall take you up on that offer kind sir! tounge.gif

Cyron43
  • Cyron43

"I'm so bad I kick my own a**!" (GTA IV quote)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:00 PM Edited by Cyron43, 15 April 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Also make sure your project is set for the correct framework version. The DotNetScriptHook is written for .net Framework 4. So your project has t be for the same or you will get a reference error and Visual Studio claims the DotNetScriptHook cannot be found even though it's there!

Furthermore it's a great help when you download some .net mods and decompile them with ILSpy. You can also save the decompiled code as a plain C# file. Read the code and learn. wink.gif
But please keep up with the rules for copyright.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users