Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is there a statute of limitation on rule breaking?

5 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Example: In 2005, a member violates a rule (spamming, flaming, whatever) and nobody reports it. But now (all these years later) someone reports it. Will staff take action or pardon the offender since it happened so long ago?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

So, if I get it right, you mean if the staff still take action of something against the rules that happened 8 years ago without anybody having reported it since then? Well, my answer would be no. With all these years past, I merely believe any warning would be still relevant. Besides, whoever broke the rules back then, must have either carried on doing it and got banned or he improved. There's a chance that the member you wish to report might not even be active anymore.

But, if you happen to see rule-breaking posts in our days, don't hesitate to report them. icon14.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

There really isn't any limitation. It's each moderator's discretion, although it's highly unlikely that they'll warn someone for something they did 8 years ago. Reporting things from years ago are just a waste of time too.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Moderators usually take action on members who break the rules on a regular basis (Not one time offences) but this is dependent on the degree of the offence. Also the staff are likely to do nothing based on what you have said since it's been 8 years since the member has violated the rules so it is highly likely that member isn't even active on this board anymore so no the moderators won't do anything. Even if that member is still active I'm sure he has improved by now so that mistake he made 8 years ago is redundant.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Just because you can "report" the offense doesn't mean that action wasn't taken back then/or even recently anyways. I wouldn't bother with anything Two days old.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:31 AM Edited by radioman, 02 March 2013 - 09:30 AM.

According to the Statues books we had to get in the Law Enforcement Academy, it says there is a Statue of Limitations and it is 3-7 years(depending on the offense). So, yea if something happened 8+ years ago, it cannot be held against the offender as the statue of limitations has passed. That is a loophole I am not too proud of, as it pretty much lets offenders get off legally. confused.gif Just a heads up. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users