Photo

mac saves?

15 replies to this topic
j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

not having a controller and using the keyboard and mousepad is making the rc helicopter seemingly impossible. i have tried varying the controls but no luck.

the only problem with the amphib assault is i cant figure out how to dive. even when i just jump into the water no controls pop up. ny ideas??

i have seen a lot of saves posted but they say pc so idk if they r going to work on my mac. common sense would say no but i know i could be mistaken.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Try a save game to be sure.

Left Control should make CJ Dive.

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

i downloaded one but i couldn't even find a save game folder anywhere in the contents

so i redownloaded and selected open with san andreas, the game loaded but the save wasn't there

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

The PC game saves end in dot "b".
Try a search for .b or the total: GTASAsf#.b # being 1 to 8 (the save slots.)
On the PC it is located in a file 'San Andreas User Files"
I would expect the Version Number to appear in the lower right of the menu screen.

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

put it in the user file (although it was already empty) and still no luck. pressed left control to dive and no luck. i can remember one time in the beginning of the game it described the controls and i was able to dive but not since. it looks like i may just be sol

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Check your control/button assignments, what is the 'Alternate Fire' button: use that or the 'Fire' button.

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

finally figured it out thanks to http://gta.wikia.com...GTA_San_Andreas just hold down the left mouse button or in my case with a mousepad the mouse button

preciate the help hopefully i can figure out this zero mission. are his missions required to progress in the game?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Nope, they aren't. You can find here the San Andreas Mission Tree to check which missions are required for completing the storyline and which are only required for 100% game completion. Have fun! icon14.gif

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I gotta say I have been on plenty of message boards and I have never gotten so many responses so fast. This forum is awesome and I'll be sure to stick around.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:05 PM Edited by shoumic, 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM.

You should actually keep trying Zero's missions although you can complete the storyline without doing them so you get to experience the whole game. They seem very difficult at first but they get easier as you practice. I doubt you're talking about Air Raid so which mission do you need help with, Supply lines or New Model Army? Maybe we could help you out even more. icon14.gif

Ah it's new model army.

Some tips since you fixed the controls by now.

As soon as the mission starts do not move the first barrel for Zero but I suggest you destroy the RC tanks AKA the RC Tigers up ahead. Drop bombs which you can collect from the base to do this. After all the tanks are taken care of move the first barrell then so the toy car can roam free. Then all you have to worry about is making the bridges and moving the obstacles set by the goblin.

Also, you can try to destroy Berkley's RC goblin first then the RC Tigers by dropping a bomb on it but this is a bit more difficult. Taking Berkley's goblin means that you will not have to focus on any more barrels being dropped. Once all enemy vehicles are gone, all you need to do is focus on removing any existing barrels and laying down the bridges.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Right here in this Pinned topic.. is a whole list of save games.

ALL saves are located in the Documents folder under the GTA San Andreas User Files folder. Make sure to use the V2 saves...

i have seen a lot of saves posted but they say pc so idk if they r going to work on my mac.

Just a heads up, but a mac IS a PC..PC stands for Personal Computer... tounge2.gif lol.gif

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

my problem is with air raid. i mean the plane wont even travel in a straight line sadly. maybe it is because i am using the keyboard.

about the pc i just assumed it was about windows because on other gta sites. pc cheats are listed seperately from mac cheats. although on the mac cheats it says the pc ones will also work. so you can see y i am so confused. i will definitely go back at some point to zero. i have to be doing something wrong and i am sure i will figure it out eventually. i do remember it being much easier on the ps2 in high school lol.

Shoumic
  • Shoumic

• The Yardies
  • Isle-of-Man

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (j_hay_24 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 01:18)
my problem is with air raid. i mean the plane wont even travel in a straight line sadly. maybe it is because i am using the keyboard.

Are you sure you're not talking about Supply lines? Air Raid is the mission where you have to shoot the small RC planes, there is no flying involved so I don't know what you mean by "the plane wont even travel in a straight line sadly." Although the keyboard can't be the problem as all of us here in the mission help section fly using the keyboard.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Check out Mission Tips topic you might find useful informations for other missions as well. smile.gif

j_hay_24
  • j_hay_24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 19:24)
QUOTE (j_hay_24 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 01:18)

Are you sure you're not talking about Supply lines? Air Raid is the mission where you have to shoot the small RC planes, there is no flying involved so I don't know what you mean by "the plane wont even travel in a straight line sadly." Although the keyboard can't be the problem as all of us here in the mission help section fly using the keyboard.

i am sorry you are correct it is supply lines. the one where you have to take out the curriers with the little rc plane.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Generally you don't press any buttons/keys and it will fly straight. Just use taps to make adjustments.
Over controlling (like on a real plane) will have you all over the place like a butterfly.
I suggest you go back to Los Santos airport (jump the guard house) and steal the DoDo that is near the gate. fly it around (since you won't be bothered by timelimits).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users