Photo

Two Screens A Day

692 replies to this topic
H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 09:59)
QUOTE (Forty @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 23:28)
Screen 1: I like the shadows on the front guard of the 4-wheeler cast by the metal bars. That's pretty sweet
Screen 2: My eyes are drawn to all the activity along the shoreline. Also,

user posted image

is that someone parachuting onto the shore?

I dont think thats a parachute, if you compare it to the scale of the car it would have to be a really tiny parachute.

Pretty sure its just a half buried tire

Ding!Ding!Ding!..it is a half buried tire. Because you keep tires attached near small and rural jetties to cushion the collision of boats. Probably this place was something like that until it became deserted and now the tires have buried down.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

screenshot 2 looks like a good place to speed down in a jeep and smash into the water.

just for fun.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Day 5
Let day 5's discussion begin.

user posted image

user posted image

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Screen 1: Straight away my eyes are drawn to the classic VW Camper van, which evokes fond memories of San Andreas. Another 'V' shape used for the motel sign. Trevor's Casio watch strap seems secure tounge.gif . I just wish they hadn't blurred the background, which makes picking out details almost impossible.

Screen 2: Another Hotel, were these screens released together? If so, I'd say hotels were definitely going to play a part in saving your game. This screenshot could be from a dedicated racing game & I'd have been none the wiser. Just beautiful. I hope that grass is just perfectly manicured, as opposed to being perfectly flat as it was in IV.

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

Tokyo Drift Through The Hills

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Screen1: the first screen i saw that i really f*cking loved, just the small town, atv, desert area and all that. Just amazing !
screen2: the most beatiful looking GTAV screenshot we've got in terms of graphics, it looks so smooth and nice smile.gif

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

screen 1: missed the desert and the hills and bumps.. something to look forward to
screen 2: is that front tire even clearing the arch? looks like there is 0mm of clearance

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Screen 1: I love the dirt roads and the foothills. the motel appears to be enterable because you can see right through the window. Also to the right of the motel there appears to be some sort of garage.

Screen 2: This is by far my favorite car shown so far. Can anyone tell me what its based off of. It looks like a beastly machine. The hotel looks fantastic and I really hope we get to use it. The biggest thing for me here though is the diversity in trees. They could have easily copy and pasted the palm trees, but they are all very unique and it makes the scenery stand out

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 04 March 2013 - 06:17 PM.

Day four screenshots:
QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 08:55)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/501/1280.jpg

This screenshot doesn't look bad but it has its mistakes. The textures of the tires of the vehicle that Trevor is driving doesn't look that good in my opinion, it could be certainly better. The vegetation in the distance doesn't look that good either but that's understandable as they are in the distance and not near Trevor. One thing I really don't like at all is the lack of anti aliasing, especially in the distance. It seems that Trevor is driving to the countryside while the police is chasing him.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 08:55)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/301/1280.jpg

I can't say much to that screenshot other than that it's really beautiful. The huge mountains in the distance, the sun that is covered by the clouds, the realistic-looking water, simply everything adds to the great atmosphere that this screenshot has! It's beautiful and I will be often in the surroundings of Los Santos, that's for sure.

Day five screenshots:
QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 15:33)
http://m.rockstargam...ot/641/1280.jpg

The atmosphere is well done in my opinion and this screenshot makes me even more excited for the countryside!

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 15:33)
http://m.rockstargam...ot/261/1280.jpg

The palm trees look pretty good, also I like that sports car and it shows again that the quality of the vehicles in GTA V equals to the ones of Midnight Club: Los Angeles, that's very impressive.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 18:01)
which is very likely a BF Injection

it's not a BF Injection.

death783
  • death783

Director Of Photography Rockstar Games

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Screen 1:

Its that a V Rock motel?

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 19:06)
it's not a BF Injection.

Yeah, I have confused something, thanks for pointing it out.

Moozze
  • Moozze

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 15:38)
Screen 2: This is by far my favorite car shown so far. Can anyone tell me what its based off of. It looks like a beastly machine.

Looks like a mix between a Fisker Karma and a Maserati, with a bit of imagination.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Screen 1: Can't wait to experience the suspension on that ATV. Looks like a fun vehicle to drive in the desert.
Screen 2: What hotel is that based on?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM.

First screen [just as jamie pointed out] really reminds me of San Andreas and its countryside, and once again it demonstrates the improvement on the draw distance from GTA IV's.

@GTA-King: I think it's the Bel Air hotel. v Yeah, the beverly hills.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 19:02)

Screen 2: What hotel is that based on?

It's The Beverly Hills Hotel

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

^ Thanks guys. Yeah that's what I thought it was too. Just needed confirmation. icon14.gif

I hope we can go inside.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Screen 1: I'm glad they're bringing back the small towns. This one reminds me of some of the ones over by Tierra Robada in San Andreas. The tall sign post reminds me of something you'd see in Las Vegas. I hope that's a stunt jump that Trevor's launching off of because it looks epic.

Screen 2: The graphics look really polished in this shot; the shadows aren't as jagged as they used to be and the vegetation looks a lot better than it did in IV. The lighting around the car is very realistic as well.

Great thread deffpony. You always deliver! icon14.gif

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by AtomicPunk, 04 March 2013 - 11:19 PM.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 20:37)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 19:31)
I also noticed what stupid tires are on this 4 wheeler.

I never paid that much attention to it but your right. I just searched to see if I could find similar tires with those weird circular treads but no luck. I wonder why they decided to use a weird tire tread like that

Where I live, everyone has atleast one ATV and I've never seen tires like that. Like you, I also googled and couldn't find any tread like that. I wonder if R* could get sued for tread design or something like that?

OT:
Screen 1: I love how these towns are looking. The hotel sign makes me wonder if we can rent rooms. This is one of my fav's so far!

Screen 2: Yeah, the cars nice, but, it looks like R* is taking grass and trees a little more serious this time. Every screen I've seen so far, the grass looks great! The little things....

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 18:16)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 20:37)
QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 19:31)
I also noticed what stupid tires are on this 4 wheeler.

I never paid that much attention to it but your right. I just searched to see if I could find similar tires with those weird circular treads but no luck. I wonder why they decided to use a weird tire tread like that

Where I live, everyone has atleast one ATV and I've never seen tires like that. Like you, I also googled and couldn't find any tread like that. I wonder if R* could get sued for tread design or something like that?

Lol I highly doubt it. I think the designs are only patented from a practical standpoint, otherwise tire companies could sue every time a move has there tire in it

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Screen 1: You can see the symbol for a federal highway on the highway sign. So far, the only federal highway we know of is the Del Perro Freeway (23), seen below. I wonder how close the 23 is to this Trevor screen, or whether there is another federal highway nearby.
user posted image

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Finally a pair of screenshots that I actually like, a lot.
Screen One:
I love everything about this screen. The bone dry landscaping - landscaping that looks wonderful and is nicely done - the diversity in the flora, its all well detailed, exceptionally done. As strange as it sounds, the roads in this screen get me hyped, I just cannot wait to cruise down them in a Cognoscenti GT or something. The small little shops in the middle of nowhere is such a nice touch as well, gives off such a different feeling compared to Los Santos.
Love the hills. I can just imagine myself off roading and climbing those steep hills/rocks in a Serrano.
The screen just get's me excited for what's to come in the countryside of V. Some nice, curvy, scenic byways would be nice.

Screen Two:
I like this screen a lot not only because of the grand tourer, but for it's stunning detail. That flora looks so diverse and kind of beautiful. The hotel itself is a charm and I hope it's enterable. I've been wanting more structures like this scattered around Western Los Santos, it needs them. Not only do we get a nice golf course with a wonderful looking clubhouse, but this large ass hotel. I don't know about many others but I really admire some of the structures Rockstar puts in Grand Theft Autos. Just look at the building - I especially love those round roof structures off towards the far right. inlove.gif
And then the car. Just what this game needs, more grand tourers. And this is a nice one. Love those beautiful rims and those sharp looking bi xenons. The swoopy metal, most likely aluminum, sleek lines really make me want to drive this thing. I hope it handles well - I would be a little bummed if it were one of those cars that looks good but drives like garbage(like one of those attractive people that are dumb as rocks). A little OCD problem though - where is the manufacturer emblem? It should be on the hood, but it's missing.

So yeah, these are some pretty nice screens.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

those 2 are nice indeed. the one with trevor on the quad jumping the hill gives me that RDR vibe. the desert, mountains, bushed, trees and all. Thats what has me most exicted about V to this day. the fact that it will be like RDR and GTA IV merged into one epic thing.

superhobo666
  • superhobo666

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Image 1:
I'm really liking the look of the mountains in the background, the look of the desert roads (Especially the detail of where the dirt road the van is on meets the pavement, and how the dirt is tracked onto the tarmac like a real dirt road.) I'm kind of fond of the dusty rocky mountains, and the dirt trails that can be seen carved into them.
The detail of the Quad tires is interesting, the tread gives off a shadow and I'm wondering if the tread is actually modeled in the tire, or just really fancy texture work, But given the lighting and the angle of shadows in the rest of the image, this isn't the case. The treads are modeled as well. This makes me wonder if tire marks left by vehicles in dirt/grass are going to match the tread of the vehicles they where made by, and if each vehicle will have a unique tread pattern, and if different tread types offer more grip.
The license plate on the quad looks randomized, it's not a generic plate like GTA IV, Will we see custom plates for owned cars? or will all plates be randomly generated?
Another point about the Quad, the tires are well detailed, but the body is much less fleshed out. is it a temp model we're seeing? are they going to detail it further later? Why focus on the rubber so much, if the rest is going to be low-poly?
it's unfortunate that so much of the landscape is blurry compared to the Quad, I'd have loved to get a good look at the buildings, the trees, and the poles. See if they match the quality of the Quad and its tires, or if it's a low detail temp background until it's fleshed out further. are the screenshots only taken in the most finished areas?
I'm definitely excited to see how the desert and the countryside feel for driving in this game, I honestly spent more time cruising in IV than I did doing anything else. but there's only so many places in IV that aren't part of the concrete jungle that is Liberty City, you felt constricted, with not very much free space to cruise.

Image 2:
The first thing I notice is the bright red grand touring car center screen, it makes me think of a Ferrari, The new Dodge Viper, or the new Chevrolet Corvette "Stingray."
The detail is exceptional, the wheels are great, the rims are well fleshed, but they don't look like the sort of rims you'd expect on a touring car, They look like something you'd see on a sportier car like a Lamborghini or a Koeniggseg, could this also be a nod towards vehicle mods? Unlikely, but possible.
"The Richman Hotel" is a fun little Rockstar joke, the kind they've always had in their games.
The hotel looks like a 5 star hotel, compared to the rickety hotel from the first screenshot. Will the hotels play a key part in the game, or the story? Are they going to be usable for saving (for a price) in place of having 5 houses, and to be more convenient than driving halfway across the map in case none of your protags are anywhere near their homes? Given the size predictions Rockstar is giving for GTA V, this seems like a distinct possibility.
The quality of the vegetation is very close to that of GTA IV, Though it's based on an upgraded version of that engine, so I'm not surprised. (also to blame, console limits. We're frankly not going to see Crysis level graphics in a GTA title for a few more years.)

some common things between both screenshots:
Motels, is this a nod towards a big game mechanic?
Tire and vehicle model quality. The tires for the vehicles seem more fleshed out than the models. Perhaps tires will be switchable, like paintjobs? Will there be vehicle customization? There's a strong contrast in quality between the vehicles and the landscape in these two screenshots, as well as between the vehicles, and their wheels.
Lower quality environment (unfinished work, not fully fleshed out yet? Are we looking at console quality here?)

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Screenshot 1

The background here looks awesome. The graphics seems of good quality and the goofy Camper is back! And the sign of that motel looks like it says "V-Rock" and the ust looks pretty much very nice and the country side looks awesome. Dull and gritty and not urbanized- the way I like it. Looks like the dust and dirt feature does exist in GTA V because Trevor have really got his shirt dusty. lol.gif

Screenshot 2

The graphics seems awesome here. And I've a feeling that the Richman Hotel have to do something big with the game! The red car looks sexy and its wheels...awesome...

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Day 6
Let day 6's discussion begin.

user posted image

user posted image

Aiden Pearce
  • Aiden Pearce

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Is that a Ferrari California?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Screen 1: Mother of God I cannot wait to race up that mountain!
Screen 2: What is that thing directly under the helicopter? A satellite dish or something?

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 17:06)
Screen 1: Mother of God I cannot wait to race up that mountain!
Screen 2: What is that thing directly under the helicopter? A satellite dish or something?

greek theatre.

user posted image

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

I don't know how anyone after looking at that last screen can say Los Santos looks small.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

@kb2084: That would have been my 2nd guess! lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users