Photo

Two Screens A Day

692 replies to this topic
Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (rampage08 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:27)
Screen 1 : Max Payne 3 gore !! And whats the gun ? Looks like a M1911, but some said it was a beretta, hope both guns are in the game since i love both. The draw distance still make me skeptical about how this screen is not from consoles, there is no way my PS3 can do this, but i remember that RDR had great draw diatance so there is a possibility.

Im not a gun guy, but I think its just a 9mm

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 03:31)
Screen 1 : Max Payne 3 gore !! And whats the gun ? Looks like a M1911, but some said it was a beretta, hope both guns are in the game since i love both. The draw distance still make me skeptical about how this screen is not from consoles, there is no way my PS3 can do this, but i remember that RDR had great draw diatance so there is a possibility.

From this angle, its kinda confusing, i really hope we can get a confirmation on guns in V soon.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (rampage08 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 23:30)

From this angle, its kinda confusing, i really hope we can get a confirmation on guns in V soon.

I dont expect them to talk about weapons honestly.

I just hope they confirm weapon customization

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Dem mountains.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 10:06)
QUOTE (rampage08 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 23:30)

I dont expect them to talk about weapons honestly.

I just hope they confirm weapon customization

YIt looks more like a Colt .45, nothing on a Desert Eagle though.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

Day 4
Let day 4's discussion begin.

user posted image

user posted image

rampage08
  • rampage08

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Cant wait to ride that ATV, hopefully the vehicle physics is fun in the dirt, sorta like DiRT games

The 2nd screen : mother of mountains *puts off sun glasses.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Screenshot 1

The draw distance is awesome. The bridge in the background is probably based on the Golden Gate bridge.And the crane! Looks like they aren't just textures! Looks like we can control them! I wish. The tallest building in the middle of the other two have about a 90% resemblance to the Los Santos tower. The shape and all that.

Screenshot 2

The water here seems a bit oily (polluted?). But the bushes look like they have been ripped of from Vice City tounge.gif . Nice sky here! Reminds me of the orange sky cheat in GTA San Andreas. Mt. Chiliad(?) looks nice from this angle. But it seems like their is a whole range of mountains in the game not only Mt. Chiliad alone.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

^^ The bridge in the background is the Vincent Thomas Bridge.

OP- Gotta love the mountain in the second screenshot. Just imagine the rolling/falling physics. biggrin.gif

rampage08
  • rampage08

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (iiConTr0v3rSYx @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 08:30)

OP- Gotta love the mountain in the second screenshot. Just imagine the rolling/falling physics. biggrin.gif

Lol you'd be dead before you reach bottom , unless using invincibility cheat (if there is one)

avbros
  • avbros

Let's bounce.

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Screen 1:
The city behind Trevor and the cops looks great,the ATV looks interesting too.

Screen 2:
B-b-b-beautiful scenery,can't wait to explore the beautiful countryside like I did in San Andreas...

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Screen 1:

The detail on the ATV is rather awesome.

Screen 2:

Is it my eyes or is one of the three cars a police car? i.e. The First car.

Edit. Nevermind. Just realized that the top doesn't have a light bar, its merely a reflection. Very nice atmosphere though.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE (rampage08 @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 14:21)

Lol you'd be dead before you reach bottom , unless using invincibility cheat (if there is one)

It would be awesome if the dead body kept rolling down like a rag doll until you reach a stop.

rampage08
  • rampage08

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 13:53)
QUOTE (rampage08 @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 14:21)

It would be awesome if the dead body kept rolling down like a rag doll until you reach a stop.

well, if the game doesnt skip it, we'll be able to see it, though it is unlikely.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

I hope the game doesn't fade out as soon as you die, the cinematic should carry on until you stop completely or press Circle/B

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Screen 1: This is one of my favorite screens by far. The city appears bright and vibrant. This is also probably the most original angle of the city. We have a view of the Vincent St Thomas bridge and the mountains. Trevors watch appears to be fixed and not loose like in the sanchez shot. On the right of the screen we can see the golf course and above that there is a patch of map that appears unrendered.

Screen 2: This screen really makes me want to climb up that mountain on foot. Once again a great atmoshpere and it really showcases the difference between the city and the countryside. I love the shallow water of the lake bed.

Tagan55
  • Tagan55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Screen 1: First thoughts. LOVE the atv glad to see them return being a big offroad/dirtbike junkie myself, these should be fun to explore the country side/mountains. Draw distance looks amazing, Can anyone say atv/dirtbike ripping through the golf course? Hell yeah!

Screen 2: First thoughts, Wow that's a pretty massive mountain I'll have such a blast exploring the whole map wether it be country side, mountains, city

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Screenshot One: Not exactly feeling this screenshot. It's showing off the city, but graphically speaking it appeared kind of weird looking. What is with the white outlining of the skyscrapers in the background? I do like the way the roads are laid out though. It looks even more sophisticated than IV's.
When I saw this screenshot I just gave it a glance and forgot about it. Nothing really special here.

Screenshot Two: Personally love this screenshot. First off the bat - I love the landscaping. I'd never expect such beautiful and detail landscapes in a Grand Theft Auto. The mountains look really good and some are rather tall. I like all of the detail on the lake, the detail on the shore - all of those plants, the dirt. Oddly, I'm very interested in driving on that road to the left. Wonder where it heads?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

You know, the detail of Trevor's watch being loose in the dirtbike screenshot and fixed in the ATV screenshot gets me thinking a bit. Is this an actual detail, like the flap will occasionally go loose when you're in a scrap? That seems like a lot of work to be put into a minor detail, so I'm not expecting that, but I can't think of any other explanation for why it would be different between the two screenshots.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 23:29)
You know, the detail of Trevor's watch being loose in the dirtbike screenshot and fixed in the ATV screenshot gets me thinking a bit. Is this an actual detail, like the flap will occasionally go loose when you're in a scrap? That seems like a lot of work to be put into a minor detail, so I'm not expecting that, but I can't think of any other explanation for why it would be different between the two screenshots.

I'm beginning to think it's not part of the watch at all. But what else could it be? I think it's either part of the bike, or just a graphical glitch. I almost regret even mentioning it now... lol.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by deffpony, 04 March 2013 - 12:17 AM.

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 18:56)
QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 23:29)

I'm beginning to think it's not part of the watch at all. But what else could it be? I think it's either part of the bike, or just a graphical glitch. I almost regret even mentioning it now... lol.

Yea, in the sanchez screen it really looks like the watch strap, but logically it wouldnt make anysense for it to be loose at one moment and fixed another.

Also, the shanchez screen is the only one where the strap is loose, so maybe its something else, or maybe it is a handcuff like someone said before

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Ist screen:
The first time I saw this I noticed the realistic lighting and draw distance. I hope it stays this way and that R* never uses that crappy blur filter again. I also noticed what stupid tires are on this 4 wheeler. But the screen excites me.

2nd screen:
I thought this one reeked of Far Cry. I like how this town looks and I hope there are many little towns like this scattered around. The draw distance is amazing in this screen too.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (AtomicPunk @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 19:31)
I also noticed what stupid tires are on this 4 wheeler.

I never paid that much attention to it but your right. I just searched to see if I could find similar tires with those weird circular treads but no luck. I wonder why they decided to use a weird tire tread like that

GetThefuckAoutGTA
  • GetThefuckAoutGTA

Odysseus

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Great idea

victm92
  • victm92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

GREAT topic. I had this idea too.

Screenshot 1: It looks great.
Screenshot 2: One of my favorite screens, the water, the mountain, the cars... simply awesome.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (victm92 @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 21:46)

Screenshot 2: One of my favorite screens, the water, the mountain, the cars... simply awesome.

Come on bud, give us some more input then "it looks great"

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by jamieleng, 04 March 2013 - 03:15 AM.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 03:01)
QUOTE (victm92 @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 21:46)

Come on bud, give us some more input then "it looks great"

user posted image

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Screen 2: Probably the trailer park where Trevor lives on the Alamo Sea. For some strange reason, I want to take a nice car like the Schafter and cruise around this area as Michael.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

Screen 1: I like the shadows on the front guard of the 4-wheeler cast by the metal bars. That's pretty sweet
Screen 2: My eyes are drawn to all the activity along the shoreline. Also,

user posted image

is that someone parachuting onto the shore?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 23:28)
Screen 1: I like the shadows on the front guard of the 4-wheeler cast by the metal bars. That's pretty sweet
Screen 2: My eyes are drawn to all the activity along the shoreline. Also,

user posted image

is that someone parachuting onto the shore?

I dont think thats a parachute, if you compare it to the scale of the car it would have to be a really tiny parachute.

Pretty sure its just a half buried tire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users