Two Screens A Day

692 replies to this topic
thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

Screen 1:

I hope to gosh that the helicopters fly that low in the release version. The thought of pulling a Die Hard 4 and driving a car off a ramp into a helicopter gets me a little hard. Plus doing a sweet burn-out onto my side and shooting the pilot dead as I change direction and bail. One of my favourite screenshots.

Screen 2:

Not as a monumental screen, but good nonetheless. Loving the look of the Sanchez and can't wait to flog it around those types of areas on that thing. As others have stated, the attention to detail on the bike and stuff like Trev's loose wrist watch band and the sweet motion blur.

Digging this thread deffpony!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Let day 3's discussion begin

Day 3

user posted image

user posted image

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

Screenshot #1:
The first things I notice are the huge mountains of course tounge.gif , and the game's improved draw distance. The lighting and the texture quality seems to be vastly improved as well. The weather dynamics took a huge leap as well.

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Pic #1: Nice water, huge mountains, small town with what looks like a church in the background. Also, no gunshot wound in the body, even though it looks like Trevor has just shot him?

Pic #2: Not much to say here... Nice smashed glass effects?

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I hope the water is more natural, or rough and not like in IV or like thick oil. Water needs to take a step forward. These are two of my least fav's.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Love the gore in picture 1. Reminds me of Max Payne 3.

avbros
  • avbros

Let's bounce.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Picture 1:
Shows that Trevor is gruesome and the countryside is as awesome as San Andreas!
The draw distance has also improved,A LOT.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Pic #1: Is that remorse on Trevor's face?

Pic #2: Beautiful screenshot. However, I hope in V when we perform drive-by's we actually ROLL DOWN the window instead of breaking it. I always thought that was pretty silly in IV.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 17:46)
I hope in V when we perform drive-by's we actually ROLL DOWN the window instead of breaking it. I always thought that was pretty silly in IV.

I agree. I suppose a happy medium would be being able to smash the window, and then magically rolling up a new one when you want it closed again (quite often you need to open the window fast hence breaking is still the most practical).

I notice in both screenshots the clouds are remarkably realistic, I like how R* have included them when they could have been lazy by leaving them out in sunny LS (as with SA).

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Screen#1- Loved the water quality inlove.gif . Also his hair is kinda unfinished confused.gif

Screen#2- Franklin is so badass biggrin.gif and just like in GTA IV you could steal cars by smashing the windows

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Screenshot 1- Nice scenery, good draw distance, and it seems to be a rural town in the distance, unless I'm mistaken. monocle.gif

Screenshot 2- Umm...nice glass.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 16:55)
I hope in V when we perform drive-by's we actually ROLL DOWN the window instead of breaking it. I always thought that was pretty silly in IV.

I agree. I suppose a happy medium would be being able to smash the window, and then magically rolling up a new one when you want it closed again (quite often you need to open the window fast hence breaking is still the most practical).

I notice in both screenshots the clouds are remarkably realistic, I like how R* have included them when they could have been lazy by leaving them out in sunny LS (as with SA).

Yeah, I wouldn't mind breaking the glass in order to steal it. But breaking it just to do a drive-by seems a little absurd to me. In Saints Row we roll the window down, so there's no reason why we can't in V.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:34)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind breaking the glass in order to steal it. But breaking it just to do a drive-by seems a little absurd to me. In Saints Row we roll the window down, so there's no reason why we can't in V.

I like this rolling down feature too. But if it is in a extremely urgent time then I would say ell to the rolling. Just smash and shoot. But in other times the rolling would be good.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 17:08)

I like this rolling down feature too. But if it is in a extremely urgent time then I would say ell to the rolling. Just smash and shoot. But in other times the rolling would be good.

Yeah that could work. Like when you have a sh*t ton of heat on you or something.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:44)
QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 17:08)

Yeah that could work. Like when you have a sh*t ton of heat on you or something.

Most probably yes. And maybe in some missions too.

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

First screenshot shows awesome scenery from the countryside. First when I saw it I thought about Salton Sea in first place and didn't looked so much into details of the little town in the backround.

I have never seen second picture before and it is just nice view to the glass effect.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 15:18)
Pic #1: Nice water, huge mountains, small town with what looks like a church in the background. Also, no gunshot wound in the body, even though it looks like Trevor has just shot him.

That's because the bullet wound is on his head & the gore looks like RDR.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 17:58)
QUOTE (Quackerz Gamerz @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 15:18)
Pic #1: Nice water, huge mountains, small town with what looks like a church in the background. Also, no gunshot wound in the body, even though it looks like Trevor has just shot him.

That's because the bullet wound is on his head & the gore looks like RDR.

This. A lot of people say it's just his glasses but if you look closely you can see the bullet hole underneath his glasses.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I suppose window rolling could be accommodated: press and let go LB (drive-by button) to roll down window, press and hold LB to shout window.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 19:32)
I suppose window rolling could be accommodated: press and let go LB (drive-by button) to roll down window, press and hold LB to break window.

That would be perfect! icon14.gif

Elothel
  • Elothel

Elothel

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by Elothel, 02 March 2013 - 08:28 PM.

A thing I just noticed for the first time, Trevor has a tattoo underneath his ear. No idea what it represents though.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Elothel @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 20:24)
A thing I just noticed for the first time, Trevor has a tattoo underneath his ear. No idea what it represents though.

monocle.gif Good eye icon14.gif

My best guess is a bird (swallow maybe?) & the 'cut here' tattoo goes all the way around his neck too.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I really like the atmosphere of the first picture. The feathery clouds are a nice touch. Trevors facial expressions are great too. I have a feeling this will be a significant mission in the game.

I think this is just a cool shot even though it doesnt show much. The structure behind Franklin makes me think he is in blaine county for some reason,

As far as the window rolling down thing, IF it were to be implemented I think that it would have to be optional so that if you tap L1 it rolls the window down but if you hold it you will break the glass. The thing is that you might roll the window down once or twice and then you will never do it again.

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Never actually seen the second picture. Not much to say about it. The first one looks nice, however. I like the draw distance.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 15:29)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/321/1280.jpg

There are a few things in this screenshot that impress me. The huge mountains in the distance, the sun that is covered by clouds and reflected by the water and the overall atmosphere of this screenshot match perfect with each other.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 15:29)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/371/1280.jpg

That screenshot doesn't show much, it focuses on Franklin who is destryoing the window of a car to be able to enter it. Although I have to say that the shards of glass look better than in GTA IV!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Day 3 Thoughts

Screen 1
Ah, I remember this screenshot week very clearly. A great way to end a Summer Break. Every morning that week the first thing I did was force myself onto my laptop and onto the GTAForums. There's something about seeing the news on GTAF first that feels better than seeing it on the Newswire... Probaly the sight of seeing the total thread count in the News Section increase by 1, signalling some new info (or a noob, or troll).

Anyways, everytime we got new screens I stared for what must've been 5 minutes but felt like mere seconds. In this instance, I noticed quite a few things that stood out:

-The SWAT is back.
I loved how they looked with their new uniforms and helmets and whatnot. I also thought the shape of their boots was funny, how sharp they were.
-LASER SIGHT!!
This was the first time we saw laser sights. At this point was when I knew there'd be weapon customization in GTAV. It would be incredibly stupid if there were 2 different weapons -- the exact same weapon with the difference being an attachment. So I was very happy for this new change, yet apprehensive because gun customization is unorthadox in a GTA game.
-Infernus.
I immediately noticed the increased polygon count that gave the car the extra sharpness. I loved the sleekness of it, as well as the general improvements to the other cars as well.
-A little low?
I thought, "Isn't that chopper flying a little low?" Then I thought... "OMG! The SWAT guys sitting with guns are actually going to be a threat in GTAV, since they can actually get close enough to get a kill shot!" And I saw that my police shootouts will be good.

Screen 2

Not much to say here. Besides observing the trend of Trevor consistently wearing a Watch, nothing interesting. Who knows, maybe now to check the time we have to look at our watch? sigh.gif But seriously maybe buying watches can change the desing of the clock HUD.

It also gave me excitement for driving offroad with Sanchezes. The design also piqued my interest, as it looks like now there'll be more variety in colors besides basic colors. This is obviously due to the fact that there are professional races now present.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

gion:those were day 2's screens.

Also I wanted to note that there are a few people who have stated that they missed a screen.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 21:57)

Also I wanted to note that there are a few people who have stated that they missed a screen.

Huh? In your OP, the currently embedded images under DAY 3 are those which I described. But yes I just checked out the links for the DAY 2 screens, and they are the same as the embedded ones under DAY 3.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:14)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 21:57)

Huh? In your OP, the currently embedded images under DAY 3 are those which I described. But yes I just checked out the links for the DAY 2 screens, and they are the same as the embedded ones under DAY 3.

my apologies. I updated the OP with my phone and got some of the links wrong. Its fixed now. icon14.gif

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Screen 1 : Max Payne 3 gore !! And whats the gun ? Looks like a M1911, but some said it was a beretta, hope both guns are in the game since i love both. The draw distance still make me skeptical about how this screen is not from consoles, there is no way my PS3 can do this, but i remember that RDR had great draw diatance so there is a possibility.

Screen 2 : nothing impressive for me, just a regular car jacking by Franklin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users