Photo

Two Screens A Day

692 replies to this topic
kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 20:20)
QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:13)

@deffpony If we don't have any news in 10 days will you start including trailer screens too?

I will start going through the artworks. Then after that I will start including Trailer 1 & 2 animated gifs

Don't forget the photoviewer screens as well.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:28)
QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 20:20)
QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:13)

@deffpony If we don't have any news in 10 days will you start including trailer screens too?

I will start going through the artworks. Then after that I will start including Trailer 1 & 2 animated gifs

Don't forget the photoviewer screens as well.

Of course. Anywho, heres my take on the screens.

Screen 1: Once again the lighting is great here. The reflections seems to be greatly improved as well in V. Someone earlier was trying to figure out what the tattoo on Trevors left arm was, and it appears to be a crudely drawn skull. Character models look MUCH better than IV thank god.

Screen 2: Obviously the infamous front tire issue stands out alot in this screen. The police dont hae their sirens on so they arent in pursuit yet. This appears to be Franklin's older facial model. Also, his clothing in this screen seems to be a variant of his default clothes the blue polo with white long sleeve undershirt. Here the polo is also an off white.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

My favorite screenshots are the ones where there is an out of focus blurr in the distance. This really makes the landscape look like it is a real photograph.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 16:53)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/151/1280.jpg

I'm still amazed by how far the lightning progressed if we compare GTA V to for example GTA IV and Midnight Club: Los Angeles. It's much better, and more detailed, somewhat similar to Red Dead Redemption. I wonder what helicopter that is behind Franklin.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 16:53)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/111/1280.jpg

That looks like a mission where you have to steal the car that is on the truck. The smoke effects are nice, actually all particles seem to have progressed compared to past games. The tires of the truck are a bit odd but that's probably because the road is somewhat bumpy.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:51)
I wonder what helicopter that is behind Franklin.

Its the same Chopper as this screen.

user posted image

But this brings up a discontinuity in the second trailer. The scene in the trailer where the three protagonists are standing in front of the chopper is actually two different helicopters.

1:30-1:32 is the same chopper in the screen shot. At 1:34 they are standing in front of the buzzard.

The buzzard has a FLIR camera on the front. It also has a rounder nose and oval windows.

user posted image

user posted image

The chopper from the screen shot has an elongated nose and bigger windows. You can also see the larger step bracket on the landing skids. This chopper has no FLIR on it.

This screen is the same scene as 1:30-1:32 in the trailer. But the scene right after is in front of the buzzard

user posted image

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

@deffpony
perhaps for whatever reason there are two choppers in this scene

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 16:39)
@deffpony
perhaps for whatever reason there are two choppers in this scene

Possible. But I think they are two different scenes. Or maybe a variant of the same scene

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Hmm, good point and yeah, the screenshot and the scene of the second trailer are basically the same ones, just with different helicopters. We know that the helicopter in this screenshot is a Eurocopter EC130 but it's the first time that this model appears in GTA.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 16:44)
Hmm, good point and yeah, the screenshot and the scene of the second trailer are basically the same ones, just with different helicopters. We know that the helicopter in this screenshot is a Eurocopter EC130 but it's the first time that this model appears in GTA.

Actually like I said before, the scene in trailer two shows two different choppers. At 1:30 it's the exact same scene in today's screen, the eurocopter. At 1:34 it's the buzzard

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

It could be before and after the mission. They initially take the buzzard in the beginning of the mission and somehow we end up with the Eurocopter.
The time of day is different on both too.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 21:53)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 16:44)

Actually like I said before, the scene in trailer two shows two different choppers. At 1:30 it's the exact same scene in today's screen, the eurocopter. At 1:34 it's the buzzard

It's important to note that these two choppers are not in the same place in this scene. The trio shot from trailer 2 shows the buzzard behind them; if there are two choppers, the other one would be out of shot, to the left, so it is possible that there are two choppers here, they just don't share the same shot.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

If it helps I remember this from one of the previews "Two helicopters swoop down over the city, zigzagging between looming skyscrapers. They are searching for a third chopper, and they find it, hovering beside an anonymous government building. Quickly, the craft glides away from its pursuers while a gunman leans out and fires back."

On that preview mission(which the screenshots are based on) there are 3 helicopters.

anyway,

First screenshot: this, to me is one of the screens I least care about, simply because not much is happening and everything in that screen we have seen before.

second screenshot: I can imagine this being a mission where you can either chose to drive the truck or switch to franklin and unhook the cars of the trailer

DarkStarfire
  • DarkStarfire

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'm hoping all the vehicle screens means that missions will be more driving-based this time around. I got sick of every other mission in GTA IV being a firefight. I liked that they improved the combat, but GTA shouldn't be a third person shooter.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (DarkStarfire @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 23:02)
I'm hoping all the vehicle screens means that missions will be more driving-based this time around. I got sick of every other mission in GTA IV being a firefight. I liked that they improved the combat, but GTA shouldn't be a third person shooter.

Well missions being based alot around firefights wont be such a bad thing if they fix some of the minor issues with the cover system of IV

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

Day 24
Let day 24's discussion begin.
user posted image

user posted image

Player58428
  • Player58428

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I wonder how the engine (Euphoria?) will take on this ropeclimbing. I seriously hope it won't be like a brick on a rope shifting up and down, but more of an effort to keep balance while moving free over the surface of the building. Maybe even some nice tricks like an emergency brake or a upgrade to shoot back up instead of climbing.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Screen 1: I wouldn't want to be playing this if I had vertigo. I love how there is special clothing (outfits) for the different pieces of equipment, like the parachute & the rapelling equipment.

Screen 2: I seriously can't wait to drive that 9F. It's been the car most featured in the screenshots & trailer 2. Focusing on the small but important things, check out the irregular wiring on the side of the building. It's these small details that are found in every nook & cranny of Rockstar's maps, which makes them look lived-in, authentic & ultimately believable.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Screen 1: I love to look below at all the individual streets and buildings. I just don't like how those lights look from high up---just like GTA IV. Everything else looks amazing though.

Screen 2: Ahhh the sunny California smoggy atmospere. I love how the lighting looks here. There is a certain realness to it. The car looks great too. Can't wait to walk and bike these streets.

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I'm really looking forward to the rappelling! I just hope it's not mission specific and can actually be done in free roam!

Mr Shade
  • Mr Shade

Reptilian God

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Screenshot one : This screenshot is really nice, and i love the detail on the inside of the building (different items on different desks) One thing I do hope is that we can do stuff like this whenever we please in free roam so if you want you can decide to bust into one of the rooms in this building and shoot up everyone on the inside. I also hope that we can keep the clothing and gear afterwards as one thing I've found about previous GTAs is that we'll get equipment and clothing for a specific mission but after that it's no longer available to us. It'd look a bit odd walking round in a tactical gas mask and rappelling gear but more customization for your character the better. icon14.gif

Screenshot two: This is one of the screenshots that really increases my hype for the game when I look at it. I can't wait to cruise round in that car and the lighting looks incredible.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

The amount of detail they put into their games, I'm amazed it only takes 5 years to develop. Their games look like they would take at-least 10 years to develop, and that's just the map.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 20:12)
The amount of detail they put into their games, I'm amazed it only takes 5 years to develop. Their games look like they would take at-least 10 years to develop, and that's just the map.

It's because they have a lot of people working, and those people aren't some noobs. They're real professionals, not even some EA nibwits neither.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:38 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 25 March 2013 - 06:41 PM.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 13:04)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/591/1280.jpg

Honestly, I never expected that GTA would ever have rapelling as a feature, not in free roam, nor in any mission so I was positively surprised when I saw that screenshot and the other ones in the GI cover-story. What amazes me is that we can see light sources that seem to be far away. Despite the huge map and the incredible amount of detail, the draw distance is very good. It was confirmed that we can look from one end of the map to the other end and that is truly impressive.

http://www.rockstarg...ot/161/1280.jpg

I was very excited about the fact that there is a car that resembles the Audi R8 when the debut trailer was published in November 2011. It looked really nice but it looks even better in this screenshot! The lightning looks amazing as always!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Screen 1: I love this shot. I hope there's a way to rappel in free roam. It will make landing a helicopter on a building useful even if its non enterable because you can still rappel to street level. If we can rappel in free roam I wonder if we can turn and shoot down at the streets. Imagine sniping from a rope halfway down the LS bank.

Also the draw distance looks great here. You can clearly see the mountains well beyond the brink of downtown. I wonder if that peak is the same one from the shot by the lake.

Screen 2: this is such a mean looking car. I really can't wait to get my hands on one of those.

Mr Shade
  • Mr Shade

Reptilian God

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 18:47)
Screen 1: I love this shot. I hope there's a way to rappel in free roam. It will make landing a helicopter on a building useful even if its non enterable because you can still rappel to street level. If we can rappel in free roam I wonder if we can turn and shoot down at the streets.

icon14.gif It'd be awesome to be able to rappel buildings in free roam, and i'm hoping that we'll be able to carry out heists whenever we want in free roam so this would be a good addition.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

^ They say we can rob armored cars in free roam. So that's going to be fun! icon14.gif

Getzmunney
  • Getzmunney

On september 17..the streets will be on hush mode

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Better be able to stick up 24/7

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

dat was mad tekkers bruh

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

Just thought I'd point out that most of the screens won't really represent how it'll actually look. The draw distance is probably improved just for that screen and photoshopped and everything.

That beach screenshot from a while back is also misleading, I doubt it'll be that lively.

Remember this screenshot among others from GTA IV? Yeah.

Anyways.

Pic 1: City looks quite nice especially with the hills in the background, but the lights look too "square-ish" imo.

Pic 2: 9F looks sweet in that shot but looks a bit plastic-y like the cars in SR3 and Sleeping Dogs.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 18:38)
Despite the huge map and the incredible amount of detail, the draw distance is very good. It was confirmed that we can look from one end of the map to the other end and that is truly impressive.

How, when, where and by who was this confirmed?

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Tuesday, Mar 26 2013, 17:13)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 18:38)
Despite the huge map and the incredible amount of detail, the draw distance is very good. It was confirmed that we can look from one end of the map to the other end and that is truly impressive.

How, when, where and by who was this confirmed?

I don't know if they said that, but they did say that the draw distance had been improved by several miles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users