Photo

Two Screens A Day

692 replies to this topic
Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 18:50)
Screen 1: What's that building just below the horizontal rotor blades? I'm guessing that's the Griffith Observatory in the distance. Landscape looks as good as RDR (which is my yardstick for V's rural areas). The Buzzard was a fun little bird, so I hope the changes in its handling are beneficial, because it's bound to be tweaked.

Screen 2: I love this screenshot. If you showed this to someone who didn't know where it had come from, they'd think it's a bicycle racing game. You could then show them a similar picure of the rider firing an Uzi from his racer. mercie_blink.gif That's what I love about this game, some screenshots look like they were taken from a dedicated car racing game. Riding that bike should be fun using the cinematic camera angle. This could also hint at physical (not motor like in TBOGT) triathlon events returning.

Rockstar are big fans of cycling, they have there own cycling team. Considering the second screenshot has the proper outfit for racing and rockstar has there own cycling team id suggest its a safe bet that it'll return.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Pic 1 - I believe that this place would be the the boundary between the ''urban area and the rural area'' of Los Santos. Great sky.
Pic 2 - Quite frankly, I ain't miss the bikes on IV. But no doubt, it's a great feature.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Screen 1: What's that building just below the horizontal rotor blades?

Its the Hollywood Bowl

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 18:59)
Screen 1: What's that building just below the horizontal rotor blades? I'm guessing that's the Griffith Observatory in the distance. Landscape looks as good as RDR (which is my yardstick for V's rural areas). The Buzzard was a fun little bird, so I hope the changes in its handling are beneficial, because it's bound to be tweaked.

Screen 2: I love this screenshot. If you showed this to someone who didn't know where it had come from, they'd think it's a bicycle racing game. You could then show them a similar picure of the rider firing an Uzi from his racer. mercie_blink.gif That's what I love about this game, some screenshots look like they were taken from a dedicated car racing game. Riding that bike should be fun using the cinematic camera angle. This could also hint at physical (not motor like in TBOGT) triathlon events returning.

Rockstar are big fans of cycling, they have there own cycling team. Considering the second screenshot has the proper outfit for racing and rockstar has there own cycling team id suggest its a safe bet that it'll return.

I didn't know that. They apparently like to drink Pisswasser when they ride http://sphotos-a.xx....651615844_n.jpg mercie_blink.gif

@kesta195

Cheers. I was wondering what that amphitheater looking thing was in another screenshot. I hope something actually happens at that place, seeing as it's out in the open.

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

So glad that the Buzzard is returning and we don't have to put up with being Gold, although I'd still like to see the good old Sparrow making a return, that was by far my favorite chopper in VC and SA.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 18:35)
Looks to be Franklin on the bike.

Really? I always thought that was Michael's ass. His skin looks light where the sun is hitting it.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:24)
@kesta195

Cheers. I was wondering what that amphitheater looking thing was in another screenshot. I hope something actually happens at that place, seeing as it's out in the open.

No problem. R* have actually also put the Greek Theatre in the game, which is the ampitheatre located directly in front/below the Vinewood Sign. It can be seen in some of the screenshots where Trevor is climbing the sign, and at the end of trailer 2 when the jet flies over the sign.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Im really excited for the triathalons actually. Should be loads of fun.

The greek theater seems like it would be a great place for some multiplayer mayhem

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by jamieleng, 23 March 2013 - 08:34 PM.

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:41)
@kesta195

No problem. R* have actually also put the Greek Theatre in the game, which is the ampitheatre located directly in front/below the Vinewood Sign. It can be seen in some of the screenshots where Trevor is climbing the sign, and at the end of trailer 2 when the jet flies over the sign.

So does this screenshot show the Greek Theatre?

Edit: Oh & this one has a view of the Vinewood Bowl at a slightly different angle, showing the seating I believe.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 15:16)
@kesta195

It seems like it is, but it looks too close to other buildings...

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Screen 1
As well as the obviously cool helicopter, what I like most about this screen is the amphitheatre hidden amongst the hills. It's almost like it will be a little surprise, a hidden gem that you come across when roaming around. I hope we have lots of explorable buildings like this spotted in the forest and desert. The sky looks great against the backdrop of the hills and trees too. The winding country road along the bottom just makes me excited for being able to get in your car and drive away from the bustling city into the beautiful green scenery.

Screen 2
I've always loved the tone and colours of this screenshot the most. I'm not too fussed about the pier in the background, what draws my eye most is the environment and the bike. The sand on the beach, together with the colour of skies just shows how the weather is going have an effect on how beautiful the surroundings are going to be. RDR had lovely sunsets, especially with the mountainous background, I think GTA V is going to give us something equally as good or better. Similarly, the vastness of RDR allowed us to just roam and enjoy the surroundings on our horse, you didn't have to play the missions, you could just go riding and spend hours hunting to take in the nature. I feel this is something R* will bring over to GTA V in the countryside surroundings. I've probably deviated from the subject of the screenshot here, but the fact that this guy (probably Michael?) is going for an early morning/late evening lone bike ride along the shore just gives me the impression that we'll spend most of this game exploring.

InternetKillTV
  • InternetKillTV

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

First

Love the chopper in this shot. The shot itself however always confused me. That's obviously the observatory but land doesn't appear to continue in any direction and the city certainly isn't behind the helicopter. I can't wait to get in game and just look where exactly this shot is relative to everything else. It looks like shoreline beyond the observatory although maybe it's just the horizon messing with me.

Second

This shot makes the game look HOT but it's obviously graphically enhanced. You won't get that kind of blur when you're riding the bike in a normal player view.

Andreas
  • Andreas

Leone Family Mafia

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 23 March 2013 - 09:10 PM.

Day 22:
QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:14)
http://www.rockstarg...ot/561/1280.jpg

It's good to see that the Buzzard from The Ballad of Gay Tony is returning in GTA V and I hope that we have to use it in certain missions, similar to the mission 'Sexy Time', but perhaps a bit more diffcult.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 19:14)
http://www.rockstarg...hot/71/1280.jpg

That one is beautiful and got me excited when I saw it the first time back in August. Bicycles are finally returning and I can't wait to test it how it is to ride a bike in a HD-era GTA game. Bicycles were in only two GTA games so far, and that are GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City Stories. I never played the latter one that much so I don't know what it was it like to ride a bike but I would assume that it's not much different than in San Andreas. The feeling will be different this time and I'm almost certain that the bicycles won't have a speed of up to 120 km/h or 140 km/h! tounge.gif Seriously though, I will spend many hours in riding bicycles all over the map and that would be a good way to explore everything and to enjoy the small details that Rockstar has put into the game like in all their other titles.

M4Andreas
  • M4Andreas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hmm, isn't that weird that we haven't seen any animal in the countryside screenshots?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (M4Andreas @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 21:22)
Hmm, isn't that weird that we haven't seen any animal in the countryside screenshots?

It is a little strange that the only wild animal we've seen was a shark. I'm guessing they want to keep them under wraps like most of the game, but at least we know they are definitely in. I also think they will appear less frequently than in RDR. I'm so glad for RDR, because without that game, I don't think we would've got animals in GTA this gen.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 17:25)

It is a little strange that the only wild animal we've seen was a shark. I'm guessing they want to keep them under wraps like most of the game, but at least we know they are definitely in. I also think they will appear less frequently than in RDR. I'm so glad for RDR, because without that game, I don't think we would've got animals in GTA this gen.

RDR was obviously a huge stepping stone for the development of V. I really hope that we can hunt animals, and thats its fun, not gimickey

GarrowsKai
  • GarrowsKai

I don't even like Dubstep

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 00:11)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 17:25)

RDR was obviously a huge stepping stone for the development of V. I really hope that we can hunt animals, and thats its fun, not gimickey

I agree with jaimeleng, I imagine animals will be a lot less common than in RDR to reflect the fact that wild animals are a rarer in this day and age. RDR was set in the wild frontiers so wild animals would have been a common sight, unlike in modern day So-Cal, and hunting was an important part of the theme and economy of that game, whereas in V they will be there more to add atmosphere, 'life' and possibly danger to the rural areas. That's not to say they you won't be able to hunt them, I'm sure you will, just that there will not be the same emphasis on the hunting of them.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (InternetKillTV @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 20:51)
First

Love the chopper in this shot. The shot itself however always confused me. That's obviously the observatory but land doesn't appear to continue in any direction and the city certainly isn't behind the helicopter.

This shot is looking west so the city is to the left/south, but I have also wondered why the ocean is visible to the left. As far as I know there would be land in that area IRL.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Saturday, Mar 23 2013, 20:16)
@kesta195

Edit: Oh & this one has a view of the Vinewood Bowl at a slightly different angle, showing the seating I believe.

Yes the first picture you posted is the Greek theatre I believe, second link wont work for me confused.gif
@deffpony it seems like it at this angle, but look at this screenshot, the theatre isn't visible but there is an 'alcove' of sorts below the sign that the theatre could be in. The angle on the screen jamieleng posted could give the effect of compressing the distance between the theatre and the buildings, as a few screenshots have done this, hence the 'LS is too small' threads.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Screen #1: Draw distance is nice. I just hope they fix the heli controls because they were awful in IV. I'd like flying to be a little easier. Can't wait to explore this area!

Screen #2: Realism. That's what this screen is. It looks incredible. This was the 'bikes are confirmed' screen, correct me if I'm wrong here. It will be a blast just cruising around on a bike and taking in all the sights and sounds.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Day 23
Let day 23's discussion begin.

user posted image

user posted image

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Screenshot 01

Draw-distance looks pretty good. And it seems like that the we will have to say good-bye to the hand held minigun sad.gif . The Buzzard seems to be headed for the country side. The Buzzard looks like the same from the Ballad of Gay Tony. whatsthat.gif

Screenshot 02

Butt of the biker looks awesome (just joking lol.gif ). Anyways this seems to be the Santa Maria Beach and I hope that Ferris wheel will be a working one. The beaches seems to be deserted. Anyways here the San Andreas' place of it.

user posted image

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I remember all the speculation surrounding that yellow vehicle [on the truck] at the 2nd screenshot...someone somewhat "proved" it was a Lamborghini Miura; it was the louvered rear window I think.

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yea we haven't really had a better match other than the Miura. The only other car with those louvers that I can think of is the Boss 302 Mustang, and the one we've been shown looks different than the trailer car.

Anyway, I was really happy to see the added variety of cars to V over IV. I really feel like I won't become bored with the vehicles here for a nice while.

The first screenshot is nice as well. Good detail on the characters and a generally warm feeling setting, can't wait to explore.

BTW, how many more screenshots do we have left?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

About 20 left

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I thought the car on the back of the truck was a sabre GT. I remember in IV that some of the sabre models had louvers rear windows

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Screenshot 1 : Really nice screenshot. Not much to say.

Screenshot 2 : This one is the interesting one. What is up with those tires? Also, hopefully we can finally store vehicles on those trucks whenever we feel like it. It'd be awesome to go round the city taking all the nice vehicles and just putting them outside our safehouse. tounge.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Screen 1: Love this screen. The characters look so much more lifelike than they did in V. Can't wait to see what they are actually saying here when I get the game.

Screen 2: Also nice, with the LS Forum in the background. Those wheels seem to be wobbling a bit too much though.

John Footpenis
  • John Footpenis

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

@ Red XIII Do you mean the Dukes? That was the Charger lookalike. It's name doesn't match the amount of letters on the rear and the taillights are different.

@deffpony If we don't have any news in 10 days will you start including trailer screens too?

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (John Footpenis @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 15:13)

@deffpony If we don't have any news in 10 days will you start including trailer screens too?

I will start going through the artworks. Then after that I will start including Trailer 1 & 2 animated gifs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users