» «
Photo

[IV|WIP] GTA III RAGE HD

115 replies to this topic
KamiShinx
  • KamiShinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:16 PM Edited by KamiShinx, 19 April 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Add me to skype - Sapirsbitch
Or give me urs, I want to help with textures, Im realy good at photoshop
( I mean shop signs and etc :] )

And you guys gonna edit the game models too? I mean to make the hills high polly and etc and everything
and please don't end this mod, I'm waiting for a mod like this since like 2009 and every project like this is ending
sad.gif

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (KamiShinx @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 22:16)
Add me to skype - Sapirsbitch
Or give me urs, I want to help with textures, Im realy good at photoshop
( I mean shop signs and etc :] )

And you guys gonna edit the game models too? I mean to make the hills high polly and etc and everything
and please don't end this mod, I'm waiting for a mod like this since like 2009 and every project like this is ending
sad.gif

There's a little quote from him replying to GTA VC HD
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 11:03)
Almost every IV mods that include custom models get cancelled, not surprised this one is too. 

KamiShinx
  • KamiShinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Any update?

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Give it some time, you'll get some news, don't worry. wink.gif

KamiShinx
  • KamiShinx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Tuesday, May 7 2013, 16:58)
Give it some time, you'll get some news, don't worry. wink.gif

add me to skype if you want help in editing + textures smile.gif
Sapirsbitch
-Ben smile.gif

Msallvideo
  • Msallvideo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

How is the result right now???

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (RentedH1tm4nBen @ Monday, Apr 22 2013, 20:00)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Monday, Feb 4 2013, 11:03)
Almost every IV mods that include custom models get cancelled, not surprised this one is too. 

It's so disappointing that we'll never see the old games ported to the RAGE engine.

Garju67
  • Garju67

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 20:43)
QUOTE (Garju67 @  Monday, Feb 4 2013, 11:03)

It's so disappointing that we'll never see the old games ported to the RAGE engine.

Actually, you can play III, VC and SA on RAGE. For GTA III, download GTA III RAGE Classic Public Release #1, for Vice City, download Vice City RAGE Public Release and for SA download IV:SA Beta 3.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 19:55)

Actually, you can play III, VC and SA on RAGE. For GTA III, download GTA III RAGE Classic Public Release #1, for Vice City, download Vice City RAGE Public Release and for SA download IV:SA Beta 3.

But none of those were finished, right? I'm pretty sure they were all cancelled.

I've played IV: SA Beta 3 and it was great being able to see everything in the RAGE, especially seeing the peds collapse with Euphoria.

There are still tons of bugs though and unfinished features. I know it's just a beta, but that's all it ever will be - an unfinished project. You're just downloading a map to play on, to drive around and view it in the RAGE. But that's it. After a while it gets pretty stale. They never reached all, or most of the project goals. I know it's a tough job, I'm not trying to criticize anybody. I'm just saying that it's a shame that these always go unfinished, and we'll never see a complete version and be able to relive those games on this great new engine.

Maybe sometime Rockstar will port them, or give us an HD collection like other developers - but that's still highly unlikely.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 04:49)
QUOTE (Garju67 @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 19:55)

But none of those were finished, right? I'm pretty sure they were all cancelled.

I've played IV: SA Beta 3 and it was great being able to see everything in the RAGE, especially seeing the peds collapse with Euphoria.

There are still tons of bugs though and unfinished features. I know it's just a beta, but that's all it ever will be - an unfinished project. You're just downloading a map to play on, to drive around and view it in the RAGE. But that's it. After a while it gets pretty stale. They never reached all, or most of the project goals. I know it's a tough job, I'm not trying to criticize anybody. I'm just saying that it's a shame that these always go unfinished, and we'll never see a complete version and be able to relive those games on this great new engine.

Maybe sometime Rockstar will port them, or give us an HD collection like other developers - but that's still highly unlikely.

The goal was never to convert entire San Andreas, cause that would be a broken promiss in the end. It's simply not doable. Nor would anyone be that dedicated to convert all of the scripting stuff.

I'm speaking on behalf of IV:SA. Although, i'm pretty sure the same applies for VCR & 3RC.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 02:58)
The goal was never to convert entire San Andreas, cause that would be a broken promiss in the end. It's simply not doable. Nor would anyone be that dedicated to convert all of the scripting stuff.

I'm speaking on behalf of IV:SA. Although, i'm pretty sure the same applies for VCR & 3RC.

If I may ask, what were the exact goals? I'm assuming now it was just to port the map, along with vehicles and peds to inhabit it and other things. Basically just leave out missions and minigames.

Regardless, none of the projects made it past the beta phase, and I'm sure the teams had a lot more to offer. I just wish we could have one project that gets complete.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 01:01)

If I may ask, what were the exact goals? I'm assuming now it was just to port the map, along with vehicles and peds to inhabit it and other things. Basically just leave out missions and minigames.

Yes, exactly that. In IVSA there is more that can't be converted cause IV just simply doesnt't have it all of the features SA had.

Regardless, none of the projects made it past the beta phase, and I'm sure the teams had a lot more to offer. I just wish we could have one project that gets complete.

They all had more to offer indeed. The thing is that these are all small teams (3RC, was actually just one man), There is only so much you could do in a period of time. And there will be a moment where you don't want to work on it anymore. GTARandom and I worked just over a year on IVSA, after that, we just had enough. Sadly, no one continued the mod.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 01:52)
QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 01:01)

Yes, exactly that. In IVSA there is more that can't be converted cause IV just simply doesnt't have it all of the features SA had.

They all had more to offer indeed. The thing is that these are all small teams (3RC, was actually just one man), There is only so much you could do in a period of time. And there will be a moment where you don't want to work on it anymore. GTARandom and I worked just over a year on IVSA, after that, we just had enough. Sadly, no one continued the mod.

I completely understand.

Here's to hoping one day someone will pick up one of these projects and work on it a bit more!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 17:14)

Here's to hoping one day someone will pick up one of these projects and work on it a bit more!

It would be pretty cool to see an HD-ified Liberty City on a newer engine. Who knows when it'll come, though. Could be next week, next month, hell, maybe even next year. I've got a feeling it'll come, though, and when it does, it'll be beautiful.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:34 AM Edited by nkjellman, 23 June 2013 - 05:36 AM.

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:13)

It would be pretty cool to see an HD-ified Liberty City on a newer engine. Who knows when it'll come, though. Could be next week, next month, hell, maybe even next year. I've got a feeling it'll come, though, and when it does, it'll be beautiful.

IV's LC or III's LC?

It would be neat to see on a next gen engine. In the future someone could make it on a next gen GTA's engine, or another next gen engine like the engine Watch Dogs is on, or Cry Engine 3.

If you look at Watch Dogs closely, you can look into all the windows on the sky scrapers. That is one thing many current gen games didn't have. Then again, SA had that one building in Los Santos where you could see everything in it lol. I think the upcoming generation might be the one where you can look into all the windows in cities. Though the interiors are low quality. But imagine if IV's LC had that, or if it was done on II HD.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 07:34)
It would be neat to see on a next gen engine. In the future someone could make it on a next gen GTA's engine, or another next gen engine like the engine Watch Dogs is on, or Cry Engine 3.

Why? Can't we keep GTA worlds in engines from R*? Would be a lot better that way.
Why not do it yourself if I may ask? You can put anything in CE3.

If you look at Watch Dogs closely, you can look into all the windows on the sky scrapers.

Could you show me where? I only see windows reflecting the scenery.

That is one thing many current gen games didn't have.

It doesn't even take that much hardware power to do something like that. It's just make the development time of the environement a lot longer. It's much more efficient to let them reflect, and\or have flat interior textures like GTA does.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 00:34)
QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 14:13)

IV's LC or III's LC?

If you look at Watch Dogs closely, you can look into all the windows on the sky scrapers. That is one thing many current gen games didn't have. Then again, SA had that one building in Los Santos where you could see everything in it lol. I think the upcoming generation might be the one where you can look into all the windows in cities. Though the interiors are low quality. But imagine if IV's LC had that, or if it was done on II HD.

III's LC, I thought this was what that thread was about...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 12:18)

Why? Can't we keep GTA worlds in engines from R*? Would be a lot better that way.

If you look at Watch Dogs closely, you can look into all the windows on the sky scrapers.

It doesn't even take that much hardware power to do something like that. It's just make the development time of the environement a lot longer. It's much more efficient to let them reflect, and\or have flat interior textures like GTA does.

Watched it again. It's just an animated texture that looks like a 3d cealling inside. Clever, I wonder if that can be done on IV.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 21:58)

Watched it again. It's just an animated texture that looks like a 3d cealling inside. Clever, I wonder if that can be done on IV.

I believe i saw some ceiling lights. The texture probably moves according the angle you look at.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

R.I.P.ingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Parallax maybe?

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

Why can't modders just make topics when they are at least more than 50% along the way with a great beta to download? I got my hopes up and was excited then disappointing in a matter of minutes reading through these pages. Waste of time.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 20:00)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 21:58)

I believe i saw some ceiling lights. The texture probably moves according the angle you look at.

That is what it looks like to me. It also looks like its stretched/skewed to look more 3D.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The X

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Any updates?

DimZet13
  • DimZet13

Please set me Modders

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I found HD original textures of gta3. Quality and color full. Size 512-1024.
(folder the HD original edit)
http://yadi.sk/d/XjOejadH2vgHx - my collection textures

Bzdun
  • Bzdun

VCHD & IVSA

• Members

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (DimZet13 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:40)

You mean same textures that rockstar used to create lq ones?

DimZet13
  • DimZet13

Please set me Modders

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Bzdun @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 22:21)
QUOTE (DimZet13 @ Wednesday, Jun 26 2013, 17:40)

You mean same textures that rockstar used to create lq ones?

Yes! Example - http://dimzet13.3dn....hopdoor1_64.jpg
still in the archive there is a link to the websites of textures.
I think save the original it good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users