NFL Discussion

2,900 replies to this topic
whats_a_username?
  • whats_a_username?

Cat in the house!

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Speaking of Nelson, my fantasy keeper's league week 1 opponent just had his 2nd best wideout shelved for 2015.

That's why I find it dumb that anyone sets drafts during the preseason. I knew someone who drafted in the beginning of July, like why? lol

Speaking of - http://football.fant...65c28d6c739b5cf

Need one more at least, at 7 right now.

I could join, but I won't be able to draft live that day. Does that matter?
I'll be an active player though.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 5 days ago Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 5 days ago.

Yeah, i agree with you.  but not in this case.  this is year 2 of our dynasty league, and there's just been some bad luck for some folks (foster, nelson, et al.)....

actually, i like this.  basically, it goes to the whole spirit of a keepers league; if you're not building depth, then you're f*cked.

Yea, take it how it is but I wouldn't do a paid league if the draft isn't after the last preseason game. Especially if it's a money draft league. :p

Speaking of Nelson, my fantasy keeper's league week 1 opponent just had his 2nd best wideout shelved for 2015.

That's why I find it dumb that anyone sets drafts during the preseason. I knew someone who drafted in the beginning of July, like why? lol

Speaking of - http://football.fant...65c28d6c739b5cf

Need one more at least, at 7 right now.

I could join, but I won't be able to draft live that day. Does that matter?
I'll be an active player though.

Go for it, auto draft is there for a reason. :p

____

Looks like you Giants fans just lost another player for the year. Some Safety.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Old news. He was our starter. Only in because he needed reps and because we had nobody else to put in because we were so injured at the position. And we got more injured.

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted 4 days ago

Thoughts on Jarryd Hayne, go!

He'll probably make the team.  Not necessarily because he's skilled and could be an special teams asset for SF, but rather because the niner's ownership is probably giddy about getting all of this positive international profile and doesn't want it to stop after such a sh*tshow offseason.

• UshaB likes this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Jordy Nelson with a torn MCL. Aaron Rodgers will make a stud out of some no name receiver this year.

But there's no "next-man-up" with a gamebreaker like Nelson.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Jameis Winston looked fantastic yesterday.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Against vanilla defenses.
His footwork still needs a lot of work though.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

He's still a rookie. A lot of rookies don't look as good as he did. Eli looked way worse than he did against that Bengals defense.

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted 3 days ago

Jameis Winston looked fantastic yesterday.

there's a rape joke somewhere in here.  i'm sure of it.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Jordy Nelson with a torn MCL. Aaron Rodgers will make a stud out of some no name receiver this year.

But there's no "next-man-up" with a gamebreaker like Nelson.

Sure there is, there always is. Peyton Manning has already proven a great QB can turn average receivers into good receivers.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 3 days ago Edited by jatiger13, 3 days ago.

Cobb will be the #1 and Adams will be the #2. Adams looked good last year, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

He's still a rookie. A lot of rookies don't look as good as he did. Eli looked way worse than he did against that Bengals defense.

Tony Banks looked "fantastic" as a rookie as well. But it turns out he was sh*t in the regular season.
It doesn't matter how good someone looks in the preseason, it matters how you look in the regular season. Then the teams will actually game plan and run real NFL defenses, instead of the vanilla crap they run now. The speed will also increase.

Meanwhile, Winston will still have shoddy footwork that causes inaccuracies and overthrows. That's why he threw a lot of picks in college. His footwork looks largely the same as back then. He has hardly improved in that area.
That will translate into a lot of picks in the NFL, because the margin of error is much smaller in the pros.

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted A day ago

So, my dynasty league (Year 2) is its non-live draft right now. I had my eyes set on Ryan Tannehill in the 3rd round, and I was worried that "Opponent X" was going to snag him up. "X" ended up going with Tyler Eifert, and I got Tannehill. I told "X" that if he went with Miami's QB, I was going to have to try and trade, but also that I had Eifert as my next best player available.

So he trots out a trade. Keep in mind, this dude is notorious for proposing one-sided trades. He offered Eifert and Jarvis Landry for Randall Cobb. After I stopped laughing, I said no. Then he offered Eifert and Justin Forsett for Cobb. Still no go.

Then I told him that the only way I'd let go of Cobb is if he gives me Jimmy Graham and Jordy Nelson. He still hasn't responded.

My question: is my counter really that unreasonable? Cobb has more upside (dynasty-wise) than Nelson, and Graham is certainly going to fall off a bit outside of New Orleans' offense.  Basically, he's getting back a WR1 (his team would be Cobb/OBJ) after Nelson's injury, and I'd be getting a WR1 for the future and the 2nd best fantasy TE in the game, even though my WR corps will take a hit this season.

Thoughts?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

...Nelson is also out for the year, so...

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted A day ago Edited by Larcen, A day ago.

...Nelson is also out for the year, so...

So, my dynasty league (Year 2) is its non-live draft right now.......................

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

You expect me to read?

Larcen
  • Larcen

konichiwa, bitches

• The Precinct

Posted A day ago

lol.  4 words.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Keeper's league I take it?

If so, sounds like a good trade but definitely believe Graham will see a lot of action with Wilson on the move more than Brees.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 6 hours ago Edited by DOOM!, 6 hours ago.

I've never heard of a Dynasty League, sounds very interesting considering me and the same people have been doing our league for 4 years. We trade draft picks and whatnot, but do you guys get to keep certain players for the next season?

whats_a_username?
  • whats_a_username?

Cat in the house!

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

I've been trying to join that league, but it won't let me. It says I'm not allowed to view it or something like that. Is it full already or by invite only?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 41 minutes ago

I've been trying to join that league, but it won't let me. It says I'm not allowed to view it or something like that. Is it full already or by invite only?

Nope. At 7 teams, 10 is allowed.

http://football.fant...65c28d6c739b5cf

Try again.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Untouchable

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 8 minutes ago

I just want to see him tackle someone already

909907-hayne-monsters-dugan.gif

And get a touchdown