» «
Photo

NFL Discussion

2,301 replies to this topic
ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:28 PM Edited by ryuclan, 13 May 2014 - 10:29 PM.

They both apologised let's all just move on.

if it were up to me, the racism / homophobia would come with a zero-tolerance policy.
lemme be commissioner for a day.

This will be my last post on the issue as we aren't going to change each others opinions. All I will say though is if you where the commisioner would you ban black players for life who say 'ni**er'?

If so thats probably 90% of the black players gone.

Come on man, you're better than that. I highly doubt the word ni**er is as rampant as you describe. Funny thing is that as a black man I can't remember the last time I've said it. Contrary to popular belief, being black doesn't automatically substitute all proper nouns with nigga.

ANYWAY, Sam did NOT do well in the combine. He looked like he did not prepare. He seemed to have fell off a bit. I cannot say with confidence that I think he would have been drafted the same if he hadn't come out BUT I have a hard time figuring out which way he would have went. Maybe coming out gave him a sort of f*cked up affirmative action, but that wouldn't make sense because if he doesn't produce than the Rams look incompetent. Maybe he fell a couple spots because of it, but that wouldn't make sense because the Rams don't NEED any D lineman. I really hope the Rams took this guy on to fill a role because if not they will look pretty stupid and potentially lose face. Cut him and people may get riled up because "They must have cut him because he's gay." If they play him and he doesn't produce "They only have him on the team because he's gay and they want to look good." Damned if you do, damned if you don't. They need to get him in top form and make him a force in the NFL.

Sam f*cked himself over with this. He decided to take on this role as the first openly gay NFL player....before being an NFL player. This is his personal life and if I were him I wouldn't have said anything because that's my business. He has no reason to make himself the poster child for homosexuality in the NFL. When he did that he put that burden on his shoulders and will probably never be remembered for his play. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want my loved ones thrown in the limelight and have all that pressure put on them. Let the play speak. His sex life should not matter...actually it doesn't. This is the NFL, play f*cking ball.

If I'm not making any sense I'm sorry, I've had a few drinks.

Geth
  • Geth

財閥

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

racist homophobes aren't dying off anytime soon but examples need to be made out of them.

I couldn't agree less with you. Yes punish them etc but I dont believe either of them are racist's or homophobic and shouldn't be made examples of. Don Jones sent out a tweet without thinking it through and if Incognito really was a racist then why did most of his teammates back him up?

=/

Yes, let's say/do nothing so everyone continues to think this is an acceptable attitude..that'll work!

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Aaron Hernandez was just indicted on two other charges back in 2012. How can you go and kill two people and play football without feeling it in your conscience? Whatever. Three Innocent people murdered. RIP

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

How can you go and kill two people and play football without feeling it in your conscience?

http://dictionary.re...rowse/sociopath

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

How can you go and kill two people and play football without feeling it in your conscience?

http://dictionary.re...rowse/sociopath

More or less a rhetorical question. :p

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

no I know.

it's f*cking hilarious to me.

OMG HOW ARE WE GONNA' DEAL WITH A GAY MAN IN THE NFL?

I dunno. how the hell did you deal with the all murderers, drunk drivers, and wife beaters before him?

:catspider:

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:45 PM

racist homophobes aren't dying off anytime soon but examples need to be made out of them.

I couldn't agree less with you. Yes punish them etc but I dont believe either of them are racist's or homophobic and shouldn't be made examples of. Don Jones sent out a tweet without thinking it through and if Incognito really was a racist then why did most of his teammates back him up?

=/

Yes, let's say/do nothing so everyone continues to think this is an acceptable attitude..that'll work!

At what point did I say do nothing?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

=/

At what point did I say do nothing?

I think he was just adding to your comments about the whole situation.

• El Diablo likes this

Twang.
  • Twang.

[^lvl][25/8] Come up and get me.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:20 PM

Why is Johnny Manziel hated so much? What did he do to get all the anger towards him? Just wondering, I haven't followed him too much.

I don't have anything against him, but his fanboys are the worst. The Facebook feed of any team that was looking for a QB was flooded with doomsayers with the most head-up-your-ass logic imaginable.

He was my #3 favorite behind Bortles and McCarron, but ahead of Bridgewater. My team ended up with Teddy, so I wasn't too thrilled at first, but now I'm pretty sure that was the better decision.

Eris
  • Eris

hey bae

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Aaron Hernandez was just indicted on two other charges back in 2012. How can you go and kill two people and play football without feeling it in your conscience? Whatever. Three Innocent people murdered. RIP

Ask Ray Lewis. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:56 PM

Ask Ray Lewis. 

Awwww sh*t.

Yeah I have to agree that I cant imagine even murdering someone never mind carrying on my life as if nothing happend, especially being in the public eye as Hernandez was. It just amazes me how he threw such a great life away when he could of pretty much had it all.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

Or ask Donte Stallworth, who killed someone drunk driving.

Aaron Hernandez will be behind bars to long for him to come back.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:34 PM

Super Bowl LII (52) is going to be in the new Vikings stadium. It is now my life's goal to be there.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Not sure how I feel about the Super Bowl being held in MN again. I guess the NFL is just confident with hosting it in Cold Weather cities now. I will have been moved away by the time it happens anyways. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Super Bowl LII (52) is going to be in the new Vikings stadium. It is now my life's goal to be there.

I live in Arizona so I'm glad this year's super bowl will be here, and of course getting to see manning and the Broncos going out on a high note; hopefully!

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Roger Goodell is the worst commissioner in NFL history, nothing but a highly paid errand boy for the greedy owners. Expanding the playoffs is a BAD idea. At least John Mara has some sense unlike Jerry Jones.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Not sure how I feel about the Super Bowl being held in MN again. I guess the NFL is just confident with hosting it in Cold Weather cities now. I will have been moved away by the time it happens anyways. 

Well the NFL has held it in cold weather cities a few times recently that have had roofs on the stadiums. I seem to recall that the new Vikings stadium has a roof so it isn't going to be like this years Superbowl.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:17 AM Edited by gtamann123, 23 May 2014 - 12:20 AM.

Well the NFL has held it in cold weather cities a few times recently that have had roofs on the stadiums. I seem to recall that the new Vikings stadium has a roof so it isn't going to be like this years Superbowl.

Well yeah the field isn't an issue. It's the influx of fans on a city and the ability to host outdoor events related to the super bowl. The SB is a lot more of a week long event than it was the last time it was held in MN which was 1991 I believe. And a Minnesota winter is much different than a NY winter. It's pretty hard to have outdoor activities and fan events when it's -20 degrees outside and 5 or 6 feet of snow on the ground so they would have to move stuff indoors. But its not that far off from Detroit or Indy which were successes. So we will just have to wait and see. 

I personally would like to see the SB being held in either Seattle, Washington D.C, Or Pittsburgh some time soon. 

I live in Arizona so I'm glad this year's super bowl will be here, and of course getting to see manning and the Broncos going out on a high note; hopefully!

I am actually going to be living in Arizona by the time of the next super bowl. It will be pretty cool to maybe drive over to the big toaster and see some of the festivities going outside. 

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

Well yeah the field isn't an issue. It's the influx of fans on a city and the ability to host outdoor events related to the super bowl. The SB is a lot more of a week long event than it was the last time it was held in MN which was 1991 I believe. And a Minnesota winter is much different than a NY winter. It's pretty hard to have outdoor activities and fan events when it's -20 degrees outside and 5 or 6 feet of snow on the ground so they would have to move stuff indoors. But its not that far off from Detroit or Indy which were successes. So we will just have to wait and see. 

There is no better city for cold-weather activities than Minneapolis, my friend. That's what we do. Pretty sure this entire state just takes a 3-month long nap in the summer, waking up only to stock up on Grain Belt for the winter. Like reverse hibernation or something.

That said, if you west-coast weinies can't stand the nip, just stay home.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

I've lived in Minneapolis for 12 years. I know there are a ton of outdoor activities. But I'm just skeptical on how well it would handle an influx of southerners who want to go to the super bowl. And Minnesota are even hardier than pretty much every other Midwestern state. So Minnesotans could handle it I'm just wondering about the others.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Excatly like you said Detroit and Indy did good jobs so I dont see why Minnesota should be any different. Plus I'm sure people going to the superbowl that are from Florida, Georgia, Alabama etc can survive cold weather for a week, it's not like they are going to the arctic circle on a expedition.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

IMO, the worst thing the Vikings did was go indoors, and losing that cold weather advantage. 

Johnny Football's getting crap from some of the talkies at the NFL network already. So the dude likes to hang, big deal. Some of these critics need to get a life.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

Ridiculing the kid for going to Vegas during Memorial Weekend. Pretty pathetic really.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

It is, just because he's in the spotlight and making millions, doesn't mean he can't do what any ordinary person would do.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

Johnny Football's getting crap from some of the talkies at the NFL network already. So the dude likes to hang, big deal. Some of these critics need to get a life.

Dumbest story I've heard in a while. Does Memorial weekend mean people have to stay in their home town? No. If he got in trouble that would be different but he didn't so what's the problem?

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:00 PM

Colin Kaepernick is a very rich man. 61 million guaranteed. A lot of money for a guy who hasn't won any individual awards or a super bowl... Russell Wilson might as well get 100 million guaranteed when it's his turn for a re-signing.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Colin Kaepernick is a very rich man. 61 million guaranteed. A lot of money for a guy who hasn't won any individual awards or a super bowl... Russell Wilson might as well get 100 million guaranteed when it's his turn for a re-signing.

It's a lot easier to build a perennial contender when you don't have to shell out serious loot to your young QB. Once they get the big contract, your team's doing to suffer in other areas. Can't keep everybody happy.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

I haye to float this comparison so early but I see Kaepernick being another Donovan McNabb. Has the perfect team around him but will never get over that hump.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

I haye to float this comparison so early but I see Kaepernick being another Donovan McNabb. Has the perfect team around him but will never get over that hump.

I agree. I dont see him ever taking a team to a Superbowl again. He'll be a good player but cant see him winning it or pulling his team through games when they are having trouble like Manning, Brady etc might do.

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Brady lost twice to Eli, Peyton lost to Wilson.....history has shown you don't need a HOF QB to win a SB if the team is rock-solid in other areas, like the 49ers & Seahawks. Kap's story hasn't been told yet. 

McNabb was good enough to win, and they should've beaten the Pats. I still can't figure out what was going on in the 4th quarter. Maybe T.O. was right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users