April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:58 PM

Downfall of the Cowboys inc.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:26 PM Edited by jatiger13, 13 March 2017 - 10:44 PM.

Cooks is a good route runner

He's average. He's not even in the ballpark of, let's say, someone like Welker or even someone like Randall Cobb. Well, maybe closer to Cobb.
Btw, when I say average, I don't mean bad.

He does not set up the route as well as he should, that happens quite frequently, which leads to the defenders being able to close the gap. Specially on out breaking routes.
Cooks has one advantage that makes up for his average route running though. Quick feet. That's why it's a bit harder to spot his inconsistencies, even if you watch every game on TV.

If you watch the "coach tape" or the "All 22" it's much easier to highlight his, at times, inadequate route running.

I think Cooks will damage people just as Moss had in that system.

The Patriots actually run a bit of a different system these days. Plus, Moss is an all time great receiver. Cooks, not so much.

Cooks is a luxury to stretch Ds if for no other reason besides stretching Ds.

I definitely agree on that point. It will open up for the underneath receivers as well as the run game. You can't stack the box.
That is if the play him on the outside. I think he's more of a slot, due to his quick feet and improvisational skills.

I would've liked if the Eagles would've traded for him. His speed and Wentz huge arm... *drooling*

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:08 PM Edited by Mukkus, 13 March 2017 - 11:24 PM.

Cooks is a good route runner

He's average. He's not even in the ballpark of, let's say, someone like Welker or even someone like Randall Cobb. Well, maybe closer to Cobb.
Btw, when I say average, I don't mean bad.

He does not set up the route as well as he should, that happens quite frequently, which leads to the defenders being able to close the gap. Specially on out breaking routes.
Cooks has one advantage that makes up for his average route running though. Quick feet. That's why it's a bit harder to spot his inconsistencies, even if you watch every game on TV.

If you watch the "coach tape" or the "All 22" it's much easier to highlight his, at times, inadequate route running.

Cooks is even more impressive on plays that don’t catch the eye. For three days I studied his route running, and it was sharp. Cooks rarely rounds off routes, which can lead to defensive backs undercutting them. His routes aren't veteran-level precise yet, but they are advanced for a rookie. And when plays called for Cooks to find space in the defense and sit, he has the feel for where to drift and how long to wait.

http://mmqb.si.com/2...-orleans-saints

Cooks’ speed is world-class, but it’s his route running that allows him to take the top off of defenses more consistently than any of the league’s other speedsters. It’s like putting Formula 1 handles on a drag-racer. He accelerates and cuts with precision, as opposed to what some might call ‘the Ricky Bobby approach’ adopted by the 49ers deep-threat receivers of late.

http://ninerswire.us...ition-to-49ers/

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:18 PM Edited by Mukkus, 14 March 2017 - 12:04 AM.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:27 PM Edited by DOOM!, 13 March 2017 - 11:28 PM.

the woman didn't take offense to it or complain about it. It was in bad taste, but saying he "sexually assaulted" her is absurd.

Let this have been Gronk people would've taken it as a joke.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

I mean it's literally sexual assault. It's cool she was cool with it but I imagine if it was you or me we'd be in jail.

Plus he has a pending investigation by the NFL going on. Not a great look.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:32 AM Edited by DOOM!, 14 March 2017 - 01:33 AM.

I agree it's a really bad look, but it literally wasn't sexual assault. Like super literally. Not only was she fine with it, but she proceeded to show her breast to everyone moments later.

Again a really bad look, but no harm was done.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:36 AM Edited by jatiger13, 14 March 2017 - 03:51 AM.

-snip-

One of your quotes just says that his route running is advanced for a rookie. Not for a veteran, it even says it right in the thing you quoted. And that's not saying much, because most rookies coming in to the NFL aren't exactly great route runners. College spread offense and all that jazz. So he was just better than other rookies. So what?

The other one goes into the subject about as shallow as you can get. To take the top of a defense, you don't have to be a great route runner, even if you do it more consistently. Just look at DeSean Jackson.

Go to the NFL and look at the All 22 tape for yourself. Paid subscription though. His route running is average for a veteran. Far from elite.
Take another Pats receiver and compare. Edelman is an elite route runner. Cooks isn't.
Bad-average-elite. Cooks is average. There are different shades within the 'average' category, but still.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

I agree it's a really bad look, but it literally wasn't sexual assault. Like super literally. Not only was she fine with it, but she proceeded to show her breast to everyone moments later.

Again a really bad look, but no harm was done.

Eh, exposing someone in public is still a crime. Maybe a slap on the wrist

Plus, of course she was cool with it. A female around a football player. lol

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

Speaking of USC quarterbacks. lol

https://www.yahoo.co...-143028067.html

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:39 PM Edited by Mukkus, 16 March 2017 - 02:40 PM.

I didn't expect him to make it to 47. I hope he can finally be helped

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Wooooo that D-line.

Also yay for frontloaded contracts.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

again, pay a grown man 40 million guaranteed who blows off his own fingers... won't draft a "troubled" young man. God I hope the Giants keep playing like they have since they won the super bowl.

good to see all of the Cowboys secondary go somewhere else. As if our defense wasn't already not good.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

Again, big difference between an accident where a firework goes off early and a dude laying out a woman.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:26 AM Edited by DOOM!, 18 March 2017 - 07:42 AM.

Eh, we went through this dude. Don't sit there and say your team won't draft a guy for "laying out a woman", but will pay 40 million (60+ million contract) to a retard who can't handle fireworks correctly, f*cked his hand, blew a finger off and part of another.

Big difference between a 26 year old making a mistake and a 17/18 year old making a mistake... such a bullsh*t double standard.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

You act like a freak accident with a firework is worse than decking a woman.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:36 PM Edited by DOOM!, 19 March 2017 - 10:50 PM.

good god you are way more guliable than I ever anticipated if you thought that was a "freak accident" lol... if that's the case then a woman spitting and harassing Mixon was a "freak accident". Is it worse? No. But is it equally stupid?
Yes.

I mean, what sources do you have to confirm this "freak accident" or are you just talking out the side of your neck?

You shouldn't judge someone as a person when they did stupid sh*t as a kid... if everyone had the stupid sh*t they did as a kid duct taped to their forehead for their whole life then mostly everyone would have a f*cked future... me included.

Any who, I'm assuming the Giants are relying on Perkins to step up at the RB position or will they address this need in the draft? A lot of veteran RBs on the market, but also a decent RB class. Perine would be a good fit with shoddy offensive line, he is a 'try to tackle me head on' type of guy who can break a few tackles to get free.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

I like Perkins, but I'm biased due to where he went to college.
I think he's a starting caliber RB. Sadly, he has to run behind a pretty bad O-line.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

The Bears just signed a legend...

BLL33.gif

• Ermac and Zello like this

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:41 AM

That's one QB I'd sign Kaapernick before. 16 million to Glennon... Another long 3 years for Bears fans

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:45 AM

Given Colin's controversy it's a sad reality that Manziel would most likely be welcomed a try out before Kaepernick. These NFL owners take chances on sorts of sh*t... but I guess politics is one thing they won't?

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:30 AM Edited by jatiger13, 24 March 2017 - 07:39 AM.

Manziel has better mechanics, plus more upside. Kaepernick, I think, hit his ceiling. His mechanics, specifically lower body, never improved past a certain point. That's why he had such inconsistent accuracy, with frequent high/over throws. Classic backup. Not only hit his ceiling, but also regressed some.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

The Bears just signed a legend...

The gif in combination with your signature confused me considering that he is literally running into an asshole..

• iBUCKEYE likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:14 AM Edited by DOOM!, 25 March 2017 - 08:23 AM.

Manziel has better mechanics, plus more upside. Kaepernick, I think, hit his ceiling. His mechanics, specifically lower body, never improved past a certain point. That's why he had such inconsistent accuracy, with frequent high/over throws. Classic backup. Not only hit his ceiling, but also regressed some.

I get the film part, but what about the overall talent around him? He isn't a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, he isn't going to make a average WR a good WR. Let's face it, the guy has been stuck in a crap situation, and when the situation was perfect the guy was a stud. I think if you put this guy in a good situation, then he could excel.

He was never the greatest thrower, but he knows how to extend the play and that's what he did best whenever he was on a hot streak. He was sacked 30+ times, threw 16 TDs with a 90% QB rating on this horrid Niners team. "Serviceable backup" is a under statement considering the Bears, Browns, Jets and Texans situation at quarterback right now. It's pretty god damn ridiculous that someone who made a political statement is blackballed versus someone being accused/committed to domestic/drug abuse... it's f*cking insane!
  • Mukkus likes this

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Kaepernick's ceiling is reaching a Superbowl & almost getting to another one so he might have hit his ceiling but his ceiling is still far higher than that of Manziel. Manziel is 5'11 with an extremely average arm he's Tebow without the physical measurables, determination, maturity, & playoff win he's simply not an NFL QB Kaepernick, on the other hand, is & has shown with the right coaching staff he can be a solid QB. 

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Las Vegas Raiders

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

All but one owner(Dolphins) approved. That‘s f*cked.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

It'll be interesting if this opens the door for other major sports teams to move in Vegas. I can imagine slot machines being all over the stadium.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

I can imagine slot machines being all over the stadium.

lol.

this is the slow painful death of professional football.

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:54 PM Edited by Mukkus, 27 March 2017 - 11:54 PM.

Ive always wanted Vegas to have a team. Jax not so much... Who goes there for anything?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users