NFL Discussion

783 replies to this topic
El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

you know, I almost feel sorry for Kyle Orton.

almost.

10 bucks says Kitna would've won the game...

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Steelers got screwed. Did you guys see the missed call in the Chiefs/Chargers game? If the refs get it right, KC gets another shot at a FG, and Pittsburgh goes to the playoffs.

It was a horrible season for my Giants, but seeing the hated Cowboys lose made my night. Jerry Jones has to eat it another year.

Terrific Week 17. What a finish to the Bears/Packers game. Aaron Rodgers is right up there with Peyton as the best QB in the game.

Jerry Reese has a lot of holes to fill. Giants need impact players and more depth. I don't know if Tuck and Nicks coming back.

Victor Cruz talked about a 'disconnect' between Eli and the WRs. WTF were these cats doing during the off-season?

Chaise
  • Chaise

Packers Fan.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by Chaise, 30 December 2013 - 07:15 PM.

Been a while since I've posted in this thread, good to see it still gets a good bit of activity.

But yeah, awesome win for my Packers, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings with a couple of my buddies watching the gamem and there was Bears and Packers fans everywhere, and when Aaron Rodgers threw the game winning touchdown on 4th down the entire place just exploded. All the Packers fans including myself were jumping up and down and screaming like crazy and the Bears fans were cussing and throwing their drinks haha. Really great atmosphere to watch a game, gotta go there again next week for the Packers and 49ers game.

Gotta feel bad for the Steelers, I mean they needed to win and three other teams to loss to get into the playoffs and they win and two of the three teams loss. Then it looks like they're going to get in as the Chiefs seem to have everything under control against the Chargers and then they just blew it. I bet the Steelers and their fans have to be sick at their stomachs after watching that game knowing how close they were to going to the playoffs.

As for the Cowboys, well what did you expect, they did the exact same thing they do every year, They get everybodies hopes up and then in December they blow it and find ways to loss games. If the Cowboys ever want to be good again like they were in the 90s they really need to make some changes, because they aren't ever going to win another super bowl if they don't do something.

Really just a great weekend of football, a lot of close and tight games that decided a lot of teams fate. The Packers game wasn't good for my heart haha, especially since on our last drive of the game we had to convert three 4th downs, but theres nothing more satisfying then winning a close game against your rivals and make it to the playoffs while they don't. I just hope it wasn't all for nothing and we play our best against the 49ers, because if we don't I don't think we can beat them, but if we do I think we got a good shot especially since the game is at our field.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

Good to see Kyle Orton filling in Romo's footsteps, haha. 

It's a Cowboys thing apparently lol

Annnnnd. Kyle Orton chokes it. Well, Eagles barely even beat a team with a back up QB that hasn't started in over 2 years. Have fun losing in the first round Eagles. 

Must be a Cowboys fan and if you think New Orleans can go beat the Eagles in that cold weather, then you must be on something

What is with you and the Cowboys?

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:18 AM

you know, I almost feel sorry for Kyle Orton.

almost.

10 bucks says Kitna would've won the game...

Kitna would have broken his hip in the first quarter. Hell, Roger Staubach could probably get back on the field and play better than Kitna, they're about the same age.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Kitna has more dignity than Orton and Romo combined :pp

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

You Goddamn Romo hater. I'll agree with you on Orton though.

• El_Diablo likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Gotta feel bad for the Steelers, I mean they needed to win and three other teams to loss to get into the playoffs and they win and two of the three teams loss. Then it looks like they're going to get in as the Chiefs seem to have everything under control against the Chargers and then they just blew it. I bet the Steelers and their fans have to be sick at their stomachs after watching that game knowing how close they were to going to the playoffs.

We were. That kick was just... damn. I thought it was going in at first, but then the wind blew it, and it missed only by a few inches.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

Good to see Kyle Orton filling in Romo's footsteps, haha. 

It's a Cowboys thing apparently lol

Annnnnd. Kyle Orton chokes it. Well, Eagles barely even beat a team with a back up QB that hasn't started in over 2 years. Have fun losing in the first round Eagles. 

Must be a Cowboys fan and if you think New Orleans can go beat the Eagles in that cold weather, then you must be on something

What is with you and the Cowboys?

Jerry Jones is the problem, its just that he owns the Cowboys. They'd be way better than they are now if he didn't control EVERYTHING.

caddymanlnl
  • caddymanlnl

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Precisely, go Birds!

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

So it seems that Packer fans in Green Bay and Milwaukee won't be able to watch the game Sunday. Why? Because the game isn't sold out... I feel bad for all the fans out there. Its going to be -5 degrees out there. Of course it didn't sell out.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

Jay Cutler just got PAID. 

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by Shenmue18, 03 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.

Seems like the Colts, Bengals and Packers were able to sellout their arenas and avoid the blackouts. Good for their fans.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:46 AM Edited by ryuclan, 04 January 2014 - 01:52 AM.

Yeah the networks sponsor bought the 2 something thousand seats. Oh and did I say -5 degrees?? I meant Negative f*cking 50!

bdjvw8.jpg

Had an argument with someone about the game. They said that Packers had the advantage here, because of the weather. Pfft, Nobody is going to have an advantage if temperatures get that low. The passing game will suffer greatly.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:41 AM Edited by Shenmue18, 04 January 2014 - 02:42 AM.

That's insane, I'd definitely expect to see a lot of rushing as apposed to passing. Everyone on the field will need long sleeved undershirts and hand warmers, unless they want to get frostbite or hypothermia. Even then I'm sure some players will definitely feel some effects from the cold, hopefully it never gets that bad.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:55 AM

That's insane, I'd definitely expect to see a lot of rushing as apposed to passing. Everyone on the field will need long sleeved undershirts and hand warmers, unless they want to get frostbite or hypothermia. Even then I'm sure some players will definitely feel some effects from the cold, hopefully it never gets that bad.

I just hope there isn't some idiot out there with his shirt off.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

I just hope there isn't some idiot out there with his shirt off.

There will always be a Packers fan with his shirt off and painted green regardless of the weather.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

Saints vs Seahawks V2.

That should be a good game. I'm going to say 23-24 Seahawks on a last minute FG.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

I love my Colts.

• GTA3Rockstar likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:28 AM

I love my Colts.

I'm sure you didn't when it was 38-10 barely into the 3rd :b

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

Nice win by The Saints. I said they were going to win. No way New Orleans was falling to the bitch ass Eagles.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

I love my Colts.

I'm sure you didn't when it was 38-10 barely into the 3rd :b

I ain't stop believing once. Not once was I trying to cute that game off, and then Andrew Luck did it. :p

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:31 PM Edited by Panz, 05 January 2014 - 06:31 PM.

Pretty disappointed in the Eagles. Foles seemed pretty shaken up for most of that game against the Saints, and how stupid could they be leaving that much time at the end of the quarter? I knew it was over before we were even down to 5 minutes. The team looks promising for next year, and I really hope they get rid of Vick, 'cause Foles seems pretty promising otherwise. Their defense, though... I don't even think they stopped the Saints once.  But McCoy and Jackson? Oh yes. 

And yeah, Funktipus, I saw the news about the missed call. I'm pretty pissed. I'm a big Steelers fan, too, and I really think they got jipped this year. 

I heard about the Colts game. It's good to see them move on. :^: I always like seeing that typical sour look on Andy Reid's face. 

Greenbay though? Jesus, it's gonna be damn cold. They're comparing it to the Ice Bowl of '67. High temp will probably be something like -1F. That's gonna be a rough game. 

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Pretty disappointed in the Eagles. Foles seemed pretty shaken up for most of that game against the Saints, and how stupid could they be leaving that much time at the end of the quarter? I knew it was over before we were even down to 5 minutes. The team looks promising for next year, and I really hope they get rid of Vick, 'cause Foles seems pretty promising otherwise. Their defense, though... I don't even think they stopped the Saints once.  But McCoy and Jackson? Oh yes. 

And yeah, Funktipus, I saw the news about the missed call. I'm pretty pissed. I'm a big Steelers fan, too, and I really think they got jipped this year. 

I heard about the Colts game. It's good to see them move on. :^: I always like seeing that typical sour look on Andy Reid's face. 

Greenbay though? Jesus, it's gonna be damn cold. They're comparing it to the Ice Bowl of '67. High temp will probably be something like -1F. That's gonna be a rough game. 

Can't get on Foles too much, Panz. I thought the kid did well for his first playoff game, and he did give them the lead late in regulation. I put this more on defense and special teams - how do you NOT kick that ball in the endzone? Once I saw thehorse-collar penalty, I knew Philly was doomed. And how about the missed FG, and Cooper dropping a sure TD pass? Not doing the little things right kill you in these playoff games.

I thought it was a great opening weekend, and look at the QB pool for next week. You still have the old guard(Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers) and the youngbloods(Wilson, Luck, Kap, Cam). This is as good as it gets. Really looking forward to that 49ers/Panthers game. It'll be an old school defensive slugfest.

• Panz likes this

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

Goddamn, 3 of the 4 playoff games so far have been absolute awesome games to watch. The Bengals-Chargers game wasn't necessarily a terrible game to watch, but when compared to the amazing Colts comeback, and the two tightly contested games in Philly vs New Orleans and in Green Bay vs San Francisco, it's not going to really stack up in comparison.  

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

The weather in the Packers game the other night was insane. I couldn't believe the overall play didn't suffer more and there was actually some decent passing. Some great games, the play-offs have been kind to us so far.

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:17 PM

Luckily it wasn't as cold as it could have been. While 2 degrees is cold as f*ck, it was possible that it might be as bad as -50 degrees.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Yeah you're right, but I think with wind chill it apparently felt like -30. It must have felt like kicking bricks for Dawson all game and to have a FG win it in those conditions...fair play to the man for keeping his cool. (Excuse the pun.)

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

Big Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

True that. I'm glad no players got heavily affected by the weather, it would suck to get hypothermia or frostbite when you're on the sidelines of a football game. 

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:55 AM

It's true. Nobody on the team high-fives the quarterback when he throws a perfect pass for a touchdown; they flock to the wide receiver who made a catch that even a non-professional guy sitting on the couch with potato chips could make. However, the quarterback is the one who is hated on the most for losses and loved the most for wins. This is too hilarious. What's going on?

• ryuclan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users