Vigilante Mission tactics?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I bought the game off of the Xbox 360 Marketplace for the nostalgic feel as it was one of the first games I played on PS2 and I intend to play it without cheating but damn it is getting hard.

I've read a lot of tips and the best suggest you do the mission with a tank or one of the police choppers that appear later in the game. There is also one where they say you can go into and out of diners and it'll help you complete the mission but that doesn't work for the Xbox 360 Marketplace version and I want to do it legit anyways.

I really want to do the side missions early so I can benefit from the perks sooner in the story so I can't use the tank or the chopper.

I had read in a guide that if you get a tattoo or change your cloths your stars will disappear but the one time I got a haircut and a tattoo nothing really changed

Do I need to memorize the locations of the bribe stars, ammu nations and spray n pays?

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I can't seem to get past 9. I got to 11 once but that was luck really

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:29 PM Edited by miromiro, 26 February 2013 - 04:33 PM.

Well, that's kinda your only option. Besides, you can't use Pay N' Spray on Firefighter / Police / Paramedic vehicles, as you may already know, so make sure to have a car to switch with in the 60 seconds you have when going to Pay N' Spray. Besides, the best way to complete the side mission would be to actually try to remember at least 2 bribes. You don't need to always go on a chase, since, if you take note, you're given plenty of time to ignore the enemy you have to run off the road and take care of yourself (Carl Johnson).

Make sure you've got at least 3,000 SMG / Micro SMG bullets and preferably on a Hitman / Gangster Skill Level, plus an armor and a full health bar that can be achieved completing the 12th level of Paramedic. Another way to get rid of wanted level would be to go to your safehouse (The Johnson House) and change your clothes. It doesn't matter what kind of change it is, just make it and try to fit in the 60 seconds given. Do the Vigilante obviously on a Police Bike, since drive-by can be done this way in the front as well. In case your bike blows up, since both the other cops and the enemies when reaching an advanced level shoot you, you could switch in those 60 seconds while you're off the bike to any other police vehicle.

If you happen to lose your armor and a big amount of health, best would be to put the chase aside and go to some fast-food and re-fill your health. For armors, best would be to follow maps to find the closest armor (I've found this map to be kinda the best for armor locations; the light-blue dots represent the armor locations). Also, it is possible to still carry on the chase when having a 2-star wanted level, but if you happen to reach 3 or even worse, 4 stars, best would be to try to take them out by changing clothes as I suggested above or go to Pay N Spray. Or even collect some police bribes, 1 less star is always better than none (You can find here the kinda best map for police bribes). I'd also like to mention that it'd be extremely helpful if you could have a high Bike Skill too, preferably maxed out because you might crash into some random police car that chases you that you can't see in time, and the speed of the bike also increases; since, in the end, the Vigilante is kinda the hardest side mission when done at the beginning.

Well, that's all I got. These are tips that help me when doing Vigilante at the very start. Hopefully you can make something out of them. Though, I've been always wondering why the hell the cops even chase us in first place when doing Vigilante? Because we're doing the job they are too lazy to do? mad.gif

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 16:29)
Another way to get rid of wanted level would be to go to your safehouse (The Johnson House) and change your clothes. It doesn't matter what kind of change it is, just make it and try to fit in the 60 seconds given.

That's perfect. I'm going to make sure I have at least two bikes sitting in the garage too so I can switch vehicles. I've noticed when I get 3 stars I don't see a bike to replace the one I've beat up for the last 10 minutes so often (they all drive cars or SUVs)

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Print map of body armours, bribes or memorize their locations, get high bike skill, 2000+ rounds of SMG. Just kill them with SMG but keep long distance from targets, so you won't get killed by shotguns.
Or you can collect lots of Minigun ammo, and use it instead of SMG. Just damage target's vehicle slightly with minigun so it will catch fire, do not fire to target's vehicle till it explode with this you will attract police attention.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 16:46)
Just damage target's vehicle slightly with minigun so it will catch fire, do not fire to target's vehicle till it explode with this you will attract police attention.

Got it. So only get it to catch fire so they bail out of the vehicle, don't keep shooting so it'll blow up?

I'll have to still hunt them down and shoot them, won't that still get the police attention though?

I was shooting until it blew up so I didn't have to hunt them down and could move onto the next vehicle asap but if it'll keep the police away if I don't blow the vehicle up then that's what I'll do

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

You need to have right timing, because if vehicle explodes while you are firing weapon on it then you will attract police attention.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

miromiro had it when he suggested the best way to clear the stars is doing it via CJ's Mom's house. I just finished level 12 and got the 50% boost to my bullet proof vests

edit

thanks for the help guys, that was driving me mad. been doing that on and off for the last two days and was getting no where

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (miromiro @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 16:29)
Though, I've been always wondering why the hell the cops even chase us in first place when doing Vigilante? Because we're doing the job they are too lazy to do?  mad.gif

We are doing Vigilante that means we are punishing criminals on our own, which is ilegal since only police has rights to do so. smile.gif
@MatthewNickl. You are welcome, I hope we both helped a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users