Photo

SparkIV Directory ERROR Changed from C:\ to F:\

7 replies to this topic
SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I have read through a lot of things about SparkIV, but none have answered this one.

SparkIV has always worked great for me until I installed a second copy of GTAIV on another hard drive, drive F. After that everything got messed up because of common files or something. Well i got my original C: game working again properly, except SparksIV now doesn't even open anymore. I get this error message when opening.

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : sparkiv.exe P2 : 0.6.6.0 P3 : 4bffa9cb
P4 : mscorlib P5 : 2.0.0.0 P6 : 5040540e P7 : 3451 P8 : 119
P9 : system.io.directorynotfound

user posted image

I currently have game patch 1.0.4.0 and have tried every SparkIV version. My problem is not the version since version 0.6.2.1 has worked for me for years. After trying Spark version 0.7.0 Beta the answer became more clear to me. SparkIV beta version 7 actually opens up for me, but when I click on the IV icon top left another error appears "Could not find a part of path F:\Program Files\Grand Theft Auto IV\gtaiv.exe."

user posted image

If I go to the open folder icon middle top left I can use Sparks just fine accessing everything completely manually. This is clear to me the path or directory has been changed and is always now looking for the files on the F drive where I installed the new version of GTAIV which no longer exists due to many complications so I deleted it. How do I switch paths or directories back to looking on my C drive in Sparks? Yes I am running Sparks on the C drive and nothing has changed in the way I am doing things from the last several years. All this started instantly after installing a new copy of GTAIV on the F drive. What file in Sparks holds the path directory that would instantly change when installing a new copy of GTAIV?

Putting these two errors together and my guess is after installing the second copy of GTAIV on another drive, my F drive, the source changed to this new installed copy instead of my good working copy on C:\. I currently only using my good and stable C drive copy. So how do I change the source back to recognize my C:\? Thanks for the help.

monster875.
  • monster875.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

SparkIV only reads IV on the C: drive. so u shall rather get OpenIV, there u have to give it the directory

Dutchy3010
  • Dutchy3010

Female SCM coder!

• Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Modding questions belong in the modding forums > moved.

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

i have same problem,spark iv wont open.but i do some thing and its run!
firstly,uninstall all sparck iv in your computer.
then you should check your computer with TUNE UP UTILITIES 2013
DOWNLOAD LINK:http://www.tune-up.com/
when it install,open op the window and click section:"Start 1-click maintanance"
and it should find some registery problem,when this process complete,
install spark iv in your favorite directory,and open it up!
(Tune up utilities does,nt damage your computer!)

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:31 AM Edited by SPITFIRE57, 27 February 2013 - 07:34 AM.

QUOTE (Alihunter @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 16:44)
when it install,open op the window and click section:"Start 1-click maintanance"

Dude I hate those programs. There's gotta be another way. I did delete every Spark file, but it always seems those tune up or spy bot, or spy doctor programs just screw up more things than do good.

Can anyone else confirm that this program will work or help?

Any other ideas before I try this one too?

Also @monster875. Not sure if you understood my issue. SparkIV is actually looking onto my F drive for the exe file now. I need to change it back to the C drive or am trying to figure out why or how this is happening. I dont need to use my F drive so OpenIV doesn't matter if I use that or not. I just want SparkIV working properly again looking at my C drive.

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (SPITFIRE57 @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 07:31)

Dude I hate those programs. There's gotta be another way. I did delete every Spark file, but it always seems those tune up or spy bot, or spy doctor programs just screw up more things than do good.

Also @monster875. Not sure if you understood my issue. SparkIV is actually looking onto my F drive for the exe file now. I need to change it back to the C drive or am trying to figure out why or how this is happening. I dont need to use my F drive so OpenIV doesn't matter if I use that or not. I just want SparkIV working properly again looking at my C drive.

if you want to open spark iv,
just you do this for first time,and then remove the application.
and also,it does not damage your computer!
i sure there are many ways,but i only know this!
my computer does not have any problem after i use this application!

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Alihunter @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 12:47)
QUOTE (SPITFIRE57 @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 07:31)

if you want to open spark iv,
just you do this for first time,and then remove the application.
and also,it does not damage your computer!
i sure there are many ways,but i only know this!
my computer does not have any problem after i use this application!

SO I downloaded and tried the tune up utility which actually seems like a nice program, but it didn't seem to fix the problem. I'm still getting the error and missing file message from the F drive. I need to know when opening sparks does it create a config file somewhere that creates a connection or cookie type thing. This is what it looks like and that's why after installing a new copy on my second F drive that now it is always looking to the F drive. So what's next? I emailed Aru but haven't heard. So I know this can't be that big of a deal. Please help.

mullen1990
  • mullen1990

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

im in the same boat, BUMP 

i cant for the life of me figure this out and it seems that it shouldnt be such a problem to change the path from one drive to another, my last HDD failed and i got a new one and it is searching for the path :I and now i am using :G, i tried to change the path from G to I but that made other applications run improperly and didnt fix the issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users