Best movie you've ever seen

120 replies to this topic
Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Which is the best movie you have ever seen? Either in the cinema or on DVD/Blu-Ray...

For me, it is Rush Hour 2... Simply amazing movie!

Your opinions?

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I can't pick one without feeling like I cheated some other great movies out, so here are my top 5.

5. The Dark Knight
4. American Psycho
3. Pulp Fiction
2. Scarface
1. Back to the Future

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Shawshank Redemption.
That film gets better and better everytime I see it! wow.gif

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I agree in which it's hard to pick one cause there so many great others so i'll list around 10 films which i love

1. Saving Private ryan
2. Goodfellas
3. The Godfather
4. Platoon
5. Braveheart
6. Dog Day Afternoon
7. Munich
8. The Pianist
9. Schindler's List
10. Raging Bull

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14 - Lux²

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

This one, hands down:

Johan
  • Johan

Days since avatar changed: 6

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Out of them all I'd say Donnie Darko or Pulp Fiction

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Oh man, so many out there...

Saving Private Ryan
...prolly one of the best I've seen
The Green Mile
Band of Brothers (though its a miniseries.. still worthy!)
BladeRunner
Cast Away
HEAT
Last Action Hero
Legend of Drunken Master (1&2)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Fifth Element
The Last Samurai
Schindler's List

...... So many more but that's some of my all-time. I have literally dozens of movies I enjoy and would call my favorites but so many that I can't even think of the names at this point.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

There is no perfect film, however; I've always said this and I will say it until I die -- Back to the Future is the closest of a perfect movie to me:

It's just fantastic. It has everything: great comedy, adult themes, kids themes, future, the past, the present (1980s'), cool hoverboards, cool cars, a freaking car time machine... like c'mon need I say more or what?

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by Valenta, 17 May 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Duel (1971)
Steven Spielberg's first movie which was a TV film at first, but was so good that new scenes were filmed for a theatrical release in Europe and Australia.

The idea came from a short story first published in Playboy Magazine.
It was inspired by a real-life experience, in which Richard Matheson was tailgated by a trucker on his way home from a golfing match with his friend Jerry Sohl, on the same day as the Kennedy assassination.

Also, who wouldn't sh*t themselves if they saw this in their rear-view mirror?
user posted image

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

I like a lot of movie, so kinda hard to choose which one is the best.
But for me, Departed is the only movie that got me really thrilled, and even make me scared what will gonna happened next.

And another one is Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Already watched it like 12 times, i think. Everything is so god damn beautiful in this movie. I love every cast in it, and definitely made me put Edgar Wright on my 'the best director' list. Again, f*cking love this movie a lot. icon14.gif

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 22:11)
There is no perfect film, however; I've always said this and I will say it until I die -- Back to the Future is the closest of a perfect movie to me:

It's just fantastic. It has everything: great comedy, adult themes, kids themes, future, the past, the present (1980s'), cool hoverboards, cool cars, a freaking car time machine... like c'mon need I say more or what?

Hands-down. Also my favorite.

user posted image
I like the second one the most, but I get bashed for it a lot. I thought it was cool to see a dystopian Hill Valley under Biff's control, and then getting to go back and see 1955 from a different point of view.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

No doubt this is the best movie i have ever seen. Needs more something like this!

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Never sleep again

• Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 04:16)

It's just fantastic.  It has everything: great comedy, adult themes, kids themes, future, the past, the present (1980s'), cool hoverboards, cool cars, a freaking car time machine...  like c'mon need I say more or what?

user posted image
I like the second one the most, but I get bashed for it a lot. I thought it was cool to see a dystopian Hill Valley under Biff's control, and then getting to go back and see 1955 from a different point of view.

Back To The Future is one of those franchises that seem to have aged like a fine wine. I can watch those movies over and over again and they never get old.

Thank god it hasn't been raped with a completely unrelated sequel and a bunch of unknown teen actors. confused.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 01:02)
QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 04:16)

It's just fantastic.  It has everything: great comedy, adult themes, kids themes, future, the past, the present (1980s'), cool hoverboards, cool cars, a freaking car time machine...  like c'mon need I say more or what?

user posted image

Back To The Future is one of those franchises that seem to have aged like a fine wine. I can watch those movies over and over again and they never get old.

Thank god it hasn't been raped with a completely unrelated sequel and a bunch of unknown teen actors. confused.gif

Can you seriously tell me BTTF 3 wasn't an unrelated sequel.
Lets just be glad it didn't go further than that.

So many favourite films.
One I really like is "The Prestige".

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Just a fan-fact: BTTF was just going to be one movie, but due to a very popular demand Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis decided to make a trilogy out of it. It was just going to be BTTF1 and I believe they didn't want to destroy the masterpiece that they created.

Turning BTTF into a trilogy in my opinion was a wise move as they are all good films in their own right, though BTTF3 is my least favourite and BTTF2 is my first favourite; though if we're talking about emotions, drama, and serious tones I'd go with BTTF1 just a biiiiit more.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Indi @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 02:36)
Just a fan-fact: BTTF was just going to be one movie, but due to a very popular demand Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis decided to make a trilogy out of it. It was just going to be BTTF1 and I believe they didn't want to destroy the masterpiece that they created.

I didn't know that. That's incredible. Especially since the trilogy is so perfect!

My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. I even know every scene and every piece of dialogue by heart.

My second favorite is BTTF 1. I just love time travel.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Indi @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 20:36)

Turning BTTF into a trilogy in my opinion was a wise move as they are all good films in their own right, though BTTF3 is my least favourite and BTTF2 is my first favourite; though if we're talking about emotions, drama, and serious tones I'd go with BTTF1 just a biiiiit more.

That series pretty much does everything you can do with a movie and polishes it to a diamond standard.

You could show the movies to kids today and they'd eat it up. They simply refuse to age.

The music...

The set design...

user posted image

The characters...

user posted image

user posted image

Everything is done just so damn well...

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

I just watched BTTF like last year after a friend let me borrowed his disc and I was amazed. The first one is my favorite.

But Inception is the best film for me tounge.gif

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 17:23)

Really? Why?

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Oh man this is always the toughest question, isn't it? And you'll find yourself warring with what you think should be the best and what actually makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. One that covers both of those bases for me, every time, is Brazil.

Something about the special effects, or the history or the production, or the over-the-top performances... just one of my favorites. Such a good movie.

and the Never Ending Story

Verdant
  • Verdant

DOOM

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 19:34)
user posted image

Steven Spielberg's first movie which was a TV film at first, but was so good that new scenes were filmed for a theatrical release in Europe and Australia.

The idea came from a short story first published in Playboy Magazine.
It was inspired by a real-life experience, in which Richard Matheson was tailgated by a trucker on his way home from a golfing match with his friend Jerry Sohl, on the same day as the Kennedy assassination.

This movie was absolutely amazing!
I can't pick one but it's between Duel, Scarface and Fight Club. All freaking amazing..

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

A film I always like and go back to is Terminator 2. I've also watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas a million times and Dead Man's Shoes.

I can't pick one. confused.gif

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

My favorite movies in no order because it'd be hard for me to put one at #1.

American History X - Amazing movie about racism and how people can change.

Apocalypse Now - Great historical film about Vietnam.

Full Metal Jacket - "See Above"

Forrest Gump - A timeless classic that I could honestly watch once a week. It makes you laugh, cry, and also has suspense. I can't say enough about this movie.

Rocky - The whole series is great and they are probably my favorite sports movies.

Man On Fire - Denxel Washington is my favorite actor so i choose this film as being his best one. He won many awards for this film and is an edge of your seat action thriller.

Titanic - I don't normally like romances but I enjoyed this film and also consider it a classic.

The Shinning - A creepy film that I loved from start to finish.

Halloween - Top of the line when talking about horror films. Nothing compares to the original Halloween.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Self explanatory. Best film in the series.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

Out of all I'd watched I have to say Inception.The movie has a really good story and there isn't a dull moment,although it's hard to understand I must say the best Film I've ever watched.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 17:23)
best movie you have ever seen?

[/QUOTE]

Rush Hour 2? cant tell if serious or joking.

I would have to put The Matrix as probably the best movie I have seen at the cinema. Especially when that RATM starts cranking at the end credits.

Admit it, you loved it too

hayden11
  • hayden11

The Originator

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

I must say, some great films have been mentioned in this thread. For me, Fight Club changed the course of my life. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen it and it just gets better. Also, Drive is very impressive, loved everything about the film, everything. What makes these two even better is that they both have original novels of more than equal caliber.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

#10: No Country For Old Men (2007)
#9: Psycho (1960)
#8: Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)
#7: The Godfather (1972)
#6: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1966)
#5: North by Northwest (1959)
#4: 12 Angry Men (1957)
#3: Sin City (2005)
#2: American History X (1998)
#1: Scarface (1983)

My list has been the same for at least 4 years. I can watch these movies over and over again and never get tired of it, especially Scarface. That movie is damn re-watchable!

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Watchmen
Dark Knight
Forrest Gump
No Country for Old Men
Titanic
Empire Strikes Back

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

As you can tell from my avatar and signature, I say it has gotta be Scott Pilgrim VS The World.

Yes I geddit, it doesn't have superb acting performances or the greatest story ever told. Nope. But every single time I watched it, it never ceases to bore me and it's always more entertaining with each viewing. The sh*ttiest days of my life I spent watching this show. It helps that my love life is somewhat similar to Scott's situation in the movie as well.

Also WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! ONE! TWO! THREE! GO!
user posted image

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

The Dark Knight Trilgy - Great series with amazing acting. The reason this series succeeded IMO is because Nolan didn't follow the same direction as the corny over the top Burton series (1 and Returns were good, 3 was ok at most, 4 was just f*cking terrible.) I love how Nolan potrayed the series as if it was set in real life (He can't save everyone he wants unlike most superheroes. none of the villains have superpowers but can still be extremely challenging.) The Dark Knight was definitely one of the best superhero films of all time. The portrayal of the villians blew me away. Rises was also a great and motivational film because of the falling and getting back up scenario.

The Boondock Saints - Lots of great action scenes that remind me of GTA. And the two most badass partners in crime i've seen on-screen.

Cheech and Chongs: Up In Smoke - Best stoner film i've ever seen many hilarious moments.. and a great storyline.

Gang Tapes - Most realistic portrayal of Los Angeles gang life i've seen so far.

The Amazing Spider-Man - I felt this portrayal of Spider-Man beat the Raimi films because it stayed close to the comics.. Spidey can keep his sense of humor during a fight even when he's getting beat half to death in the school. And he doesn't shoot webjizz out of his veins.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users