Faster BMX

11 replies to this topic
gtabwoy
  • gtabwoy

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

hey folks,

Is there any way to make the BMX bike go faster?

thanks

gtabwoy

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yes, tap the Arrow Up / W key instead of holding it. That, if you already aren't doing it. In case you are, and you want it to go even faster, than no.

gtabwoy
  • gtabwoy

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

are there any other ways? It's kinda hard to do it as I'm tapping it fast to make him go faster and it's hard for me to turn.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Well, you're surely needing this for the Chiliad Challenge. My tips for it would be to slow down during turns. There's no other way to boost the speed of the BMX. So, check the radar and where you see a straight part of the race tap the W / Arrow Up key. When you come close to a curve, stop tapping and brake (be careful with braking too, since you might spin out of control and fall off the cliff).

Simply put, you can't take a curve while accelerating (that's what tapping W / Arrow Up does). Just slow down at turns. icon14.gif

gtabwoy
  • gtabwoy

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

well, this is actually for Robis Courier Missions. I go way too slow.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Well then just follow the tips I posted above. It's even easier now, since you've got more straight road to accelerate. Just slow down in curves, that's the whole trick. I believe that the amount your Cycling Skill also affects your speed, though I'm not really sure about it. But, if you keep on cycling, it'll surely increase. Good luck.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Since you're doing the Roboi's Courier mission. Follow the tips Miro provided already. But if you need a trick for the Chilliad Challenge then let the other cyclists complete the race before you but do NOT cross the finish line checkpoint yourself. Then dismount from your bike (beware of the timer message telling you to get back on the bike). Now use a sniper to kill all of the racers as you will not get disqualified from the race for using a sniper rifle. Once all have been killled, you will notice that you are in first place. Simply cross the finish line and you have won. This works for all three races. Please be aware that no other weapons can be used for this glitch to work.

@miromiro

Cycling Skill only helps reduce your chances of falling of the bike and improves the Bunny Hop height. Nothing else.

@gtabwoy

Also try looking at guide videos in YouTube regarding this side mission, they actually do help a lot.
  • OG Viking likes this

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Try turning Frame-Limiter ON
Things requiring rapid tapping tends to be screwed up with Frame-Limiter OFF.

Also going down a steep hill it will be faster to stop tapping and lean slightly forward (similar to the motorbike speed boost)
  • OG Viking likes this

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

To increase your BMX speed, increase your "bike skill stat" by riding it frequently.
  • OG Viking likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by King Andreas, 29 May 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Activating the jet-pack cheat while riding a bike will enable you to hold the button down, instead of having to tap it. Doing so will also increase the speed.

• OG Viking likes this

josepha916
  • josepha916

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Activating the jet-pack cheat while riding a bike will enable you to hold the button down, instead of having to tap it. Doing so will also increase the speed.

But using jetpack on a bike while climbing Mt. Chilliad is slower than just tapping the W button. But for the Courier mission, I'll agree with you.
  • OG Viking likes this

larrydowns
  • larrydowns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

But using jetpack on a bike while climbing Mt. Chilliad is slower than just tapping the W button. But for the Courier mission, I'll agree with you.

Yeah i agree with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users