What does hydras targeting meaning?

6 replies to this topic
KaaN10
  • KaaN10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi.

I'm planning to get San Andreas on PC and using a PS2 controller so I read this thread: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=198093

It says: Hydras targeting button configuration is missing, so it's not correct in the game

What is hydras targeting? Is it an important button that I wont be able to use?

Thanks.

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:24 AM

Well, Hydra targeting is... a target that you put on vehicles while in the Hydra. In the PC version, the default key is Space. When you're in a Hydra, and press Space, you'll see a green target appearing on the closest working vehicle. Wait 1 second and it'll turn red, meaning that the rocket you'll launch will surely hit the target. This button in mainly required in the Vertical Bird mission, when you need to take down with the Hydra 3 other Hydras and 4 boats. I don't know if the San Andreas Advanced Control has it or not though, but that's kinda the only required place / mission you actually need it.

KaaN10
  • KaaN10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

HYDRA Targeting is the same (joypad) as anyother targeting. As when you used the RPG or Heat Seeking Missle launcher the same button for targeting is used with the Hydra (upper right [R2]).

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Seeing as he seems to be new to the game, he probably doesn't know what a Hydra is. (?) It's a jet plane you will be introduced to later in the game, the button will be needed for you to aim into moving or steady objects in order to fire.

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 01:45)
Seeing as he seems to be new to the game, he probably doesn't know what a Hydra is. (?) It's a jet plane you will be introduced to later in the game, the button will be needed for you to aim into moving or steady objects in order to fire.

To correct this: you can still fire without the targeting, but its not going to be as accurate.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 02 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Pretty much everything has been answered, but I still have one thing to add. The homing missiles launched by the hydra are weaker. It takes at least 3 hits to destroy a chariot (whether it be a car, motorcycle, helicopter, plane or boat) whereas the regular ones (non-homing) will destroy in 1 shot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users