Photo

Help me about creating map...

4 replies to this topic
general988
  • general988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hello guys.I went creating my own map,and now I have one big problem.So,I created my whole "island" in Google Sketchup,and when I export it Google Sketchup does not export all textures...2nd problem is with collision,I walk in the air and fall through the land lol...I really need somebodys help,if somebody wants to do it with TeamViewer he/she can...I really need to solve that problem because I have awesome idea about the mod and I want to realize it devil.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Ah well, when using SketchUp, things like these are very common and expected.
First of all, I recommend you to stop using Sketchup, because of those texturing bugs, and COL problems, too. Get 3DS Max, you can texture things much better and precise than in Sketchup. Also, when using 3DS, COL problems are reduced to minimum.

The reason you get collision bugs is probably because your map is too large. GTA can't support a single object that is larger than a grind in 3DS Max.
So, here's what you should do:

1. Get 3DS Max free trial from Autodesk's page.

2. Get Kam's scripts so you can export your files as .dff and .col.

3. Import your model in 3ds max.

4. Texture it.

5. Split it (and scale, too) into more objects so that a single object doesn't exceed the size of grind and number of 2000 vertex/5000 faces.

6. Export your objects as .dffs and .cols.

Yeah, it sounds tricky, but just take it easy. Do it slow, step by step. Once you master the process, it goes like milk. AND you won't have to rely on fake-ass SketchUp.

Anything you don't understand or have problem with, feel free to ask here. smile.gif

general988
  • general988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (AB0333 @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 09:57)
Ah well, when using SketchUp, things like these are very common and expected.
First of all, I recommend you to stop using Sketchup, because of those texturing bugs, and COL problems, too. Get 3DS Max, you can texture things much better and precise than in Sketchup. Also, when using 3DS, COL problems are reduced to minimum.

The reason you get collision bugs is probably because your map is too large. GTA can't support a single object that is larger than a grind in 3DS Max.
So, here's what you should do:

1. Get 3DS Max free trial from Autodesk's page.

2. Get Kam's scripts so you can export your files as .dff and .col.

3. Import your model in 3ds max.

4. Texture it.

5. Split it (and scale, too) into more objects so that a single object doesn't exceed the size of grind and number of 2000 vertex/5000 faces.

6. Export your objects as .dffs and .cols.

Yeah, it sounds tricky, but just take it easy. Do it slow, step by step. Once you master the process, it goes like milk. AND you won't have to rely on fake-ass SketchUp.

Anything you don't understand or have problem with, feel free to ask here. smile.gif

thank you for help..is there any way to "extend" grid in 3ds max? btw im from Croatia but my parents are from Bosnia (Livno) biggrin.gif

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Lol, no, the grid always stays as it is.

Nice to know, you wouldn't believe how many 'our' people are on the forum.
Greetings. smile.gif

general988
  • general988

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (AB0333 @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 10:31)
Lol, no, the grid always stays as it is.

Nice to know, you wouldn't believe how many 'our' people are on the forum.
Greetings. smile.gif

Yeh lol can you check your pm inbox pls? I sent u messenge smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users