Quantcast

» «
Photo

The best time to take over gang territories?

31 replies to this topic
MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

I tried looking up old topics on gang territories but most of them are tips on taking them over not when it was best to start doing it.

Without to many spoilers when would be the best time to start taking over territories?

I've read that I lose all my territories once I move into the second island.

Is there a particular mission when I can start taking over territories without having to worry about losing them?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by lil weasel, 22 February 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Simply, "Doberman" mission. That is the first chance you get.
Defending them is the only thing you have to worry about until you have 100% of them.
Using a sub-mission vehicle to start the sub-mission when they counter attack, and cancell immediately to resume your normal game play works well in avoiding counter attacks.
You can keep fighting and doing other missions if you want until the "Green Sabre" which ends the first round.

You get to fight again when returning from the third island to Los Santos.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 05:32)
Simply, "Doberman" mission. That is the first chance you get.

Doberman is when you are eligible to start taking them over, but isn't there a point in the story line where you lose all the territories you've taken over? Sweet goes to jail or something like that. When he gets out you can finally take them over again and not lose them to a plot point in the story (you still lose them to rival gangs though)

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I suppose that the best time would be after it's available again when you return to Los Santos. I forgot what is that mission, but you'll find out yourself when you'll get to it.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Doberman= Is when you first get the territories.

Green Sabre= Is when you loose the territories, including the ones you took.

Homecoming= You regain the territorys, but any territory you took was taken back or lost.

Doberman:

Green Sabre:

Homecoming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_UqxCYrKs

(1) Make sure all your weapons are max skills.
(2) Stock up on ammo.
(3) Make sure your health bar is long.

You have those three anytime is perect to attack a(n) territory. wink.gif

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Thanks! Appreciate the fast help, wasn't so optimistic since the game is from 2004?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Correct icon14.gif

Just make sure you do the parametic missions to increase your health.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Doing the gang wars at the beginning of the game can net you a lot of money that you may need to buy property or weapons in the later part of the game, although it is best to do them at the end of the game as they then become yours' forever.

Neither wave of gang wars are required for 100% Completion.

Before doing them, especially at the beginning of the game, I would recommend that you complete the Paramedic (Maximum Health), Vigilante (Maximum Armour), Firefighter (Fireproof, you can use flame weapons without worrying about burning yourself) and Burglary (Infinite Sprint) missions.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Doing gang wars early is easy way to get your respect up, money shouldn't be problem if you did side missions but sure they are nicew reward too. Other than getting your respect up it isn't really useful to do them early imo.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Another thing to mention is do the gang territories BEFORE the mission Riot. Otherwise LS is very dangerous with explosions and gun fire everywhere. In order to unlock the last mission, you need 35% gang territory, which equates to about 21 territories held, then you get the phone call from Sweet.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm not familiar with the story line very well, I never played very far into the game when I had it years ago. Thanks for the riots tip, I wouldn't have known that. I'm going to try and get most of the game finished by then with only story line missions to worry about

I did the Ambulance Missions like BabesRuth said above and made around 40k. I didn't realize you doubled your health by finishing those.

I'm on the Vigilante Missions now so I can get better armor

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Vigilante I don't think is necessary since you have unlimited health.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

"Unlimited Health"... That's something new. Where did that come from?

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 17:20)

It just doubled my health by doing the Ambulance Missions, unless I'm missing something

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't think are. The Vigilantee mission adds 50% to your body armour rating. It doesn't show on the bar though. But, if you check the stats you will see it.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

That is false, as you MUST have a certain percentage to unlock the final story mission...So, the second set IS necessary-it is the first set that is not... tounge2.gif

That too is false, as it is REQUIRED for 100% completion. Also, as lil weasal said, What do you mean by unlimited health? confused.gif

The ONLY things that are optional are the Triathlon races(2) and Burglary..Everything else IS required for 100% completion. smile.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Some people don't bother doing the 100% thing, sorry I ment to say max health.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 18:06)

That is false, as you MUST have a certain percentage to unlock the final story mission...So, the second set IS necessary-it is the first set that is not... tounge2.gif

What I meant to say is that is isn't required to get 100% Gang Territory to complete the game.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

If you do the burglary missons it will allow you to sprint without getting tired. It's worth having when doing gang wars because sometimes you'll need to run a lot if they get the drop on you.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

After Doberman and before Green Sabre is a waste of time. The gained territories will be revoked. The best time is after Grove 4 Life (Idlewood territories you gain will be revoked upon starting this mission, so take over after completion) and before Riot.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Many Players say this. But it is an excellent time to pickup Ca$h, and Respect. Both of which you don't lose when C.R.A.S.H. exiles CJ.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 05:10)
The best time is after Grove 4 Life (Idlewood territories you gain will be revoked upon starting this mission, so take over after completion) and before Riot.

Thanks. I went ahead and took them all over before Grove 4 Life thinking I was done but like you said they made me retake the half a dozen territories over again.

Had I known that I would have waited until after completing the Grove 4 Life mission.

Oh well, I lost maybe an hour at the most getting thos half a dozen territories back.

MatthewNickl
  • MatthewNickl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:22 AM Edited by lil weasel, 26 April 2013 - 08:26 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 08:05)
Many Players say this.  But it is an excellent time to pickup Ca$h, and Respect. Both of which you don't lose when C.R.A.S.H. exiles CJ.

Honestly that's the reason I enjoy this particular GTA so much. I didn't mind taking over the territories and honestly it's the reason why this is the only GTA I like. If they ever brought the gang territories or something similar to the other GTAs I'd buy them.

EDIT: Don't double post. If your previous posting is unanswered just use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the content in your last posting.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Weasel, I just wanted to point something out. Yes, you gain respect when you takeover territories, but you also lose respect when you lose territories. The territories you lose after Green Sabre deplete your respect. Even though the bar doesn't change, you still lose all the respect you gained. Places like Rock Shore West are not territories by default, so if you gain Rock Shore West as a territory through codes or glitches, you will not lose that particular territory after Green Sabre, because it is not a default territory. Anyway, I had full respect; gained an unnatural territory (Rock Shore West), completed Green Sabre, went to the territory, tried recruiting GSF members and they rejected me.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:12 PM

There is No territory in Rock Shore West.
I usually manage to get 100% respect before CJ goes into exile.
I've never noticed any loss of respect after CJ goes into exile.
When you play a cheats & tricks game don't confuse it with regular game play.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Thanks to glitches, there are territories wherever you want them. Cheats aren't necessary. Like I said though, if you get an unnatural territory through glitches, go to that territory after Green Sabre and try recruiting a Grove member. He will turn you down. That indicates you lost the respect. Unfortunately, without some kind of trick, you can't test your respect upon exile because there are no default territories. This is normal game-play, it's just impossible to test without such things.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Friday, Apr 26 2013, 08:10)
After Doberman and before Green Sabre is a waste of time. The gained territories will be revoked. The best time is after Grove 4 Life (Idlewood territories you gain will be revoked upon starting this mission, so take over after completion) and before Riot.

I have to agree here. There is no need to be taking over the territories in the beginning because you'll just have to do it once again, like it or not. Also, there is no need for large respect in the beginning - as the GSF won't be available up until "Home Coming", and by then you will have gained considerable amount of respect just by doing Storyline missions.

Money? I don't know about everyone, but as a natural 100% player, I find it easy to earn money by doing side missions and collecting all those items scattered around the map. Not that you'll pick up that much money from the gang members anyway...

typicalgamer
  • typicalgamer

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

After the mission "Vertical bird", go to Mike Toreno's ranch and stock up on minigun ammo. It will make turf wars a lot easier wink.gif .
Make sure you take over as many territories as possible BEFORE the mission "Riot"(which becomes available at Dogg's mansion several missions after "Vertical bird"). If I tell you the reason, I'll spoil the game.

V8 Engine
  • V8 Engine

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

My best time for taking over territories was when I was fully armoured and loaded up

Jioyt
  • Jioyt

Can`t Stop Me!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

for people like me with an old over used game disk, the gang wars are thee best way to get money (since pressing down on my right analog stick does nothing on any game, so no 100% for me. or side mission buffs E.g. infinite sprint lota health, or even retract plane landing gear )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users