Photo

How to mod GTA SA PS2?

11 replies to this topic
Manirule123
  • Manirule123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hey guys. I got and official cd of gta sa on ps2. just wanted to know. how do i mod it?? I created a backup of the whole cd inside of it into a GTA SA PS2 BACKUP folder. Is it like modding ps2 one?? Is it that you go in models and go into GTA3.IMG and delete all cars and add the cars you want?? (I have Real Cars for GTA SA) mod and it should replace all cars. SO i need help! how do u do it?? I dont want to mess up gta sa thats y i made a backup

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Modding the PS2 version is nowhere near as clear-cut as modding the PC version. I'd suggest just buying the PC version as it is cheap nowadays, and you would prevent having to jump through several hoops just to start modding.

Manirule123
  • Manirule123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I already have the pc version. You see, im a major modder. I modded it to the piont were it crashes in 10min after savegame sad.gif How do i fix that?? Also i want to add cars like lambo and stuff but my computer is p4 3.4ghz with 3.25 gb ram and intel 82945g sad.gif It's to low for detail on cars sad.gif How do i fix this crash??? And if u dont mind, can u find me a all vehicle improved models patch mod fot gta sa pc?? (That wont lag) All i want in the pack is for the models to be better and more realistic. Thanks!

Manirule123
  • Manirule123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

PLZ respond

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hello,
this should to help you with PS2 modding :
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=389243

Manirule123
  • Manirule123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Thanks! The link is great! biggrin.gif One thing, how do I fix the problem were after 15 min of playing gta sa crashes? Im a modder. I modded it and want to know how I can do this without removing anything. If the only solution is the remove something then go ahead and tell me! Thanks! smile.gif

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Manirule123 @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 13:12)
Thanks! The link is great! biggrin.gif One thing, how do I fix the problem were after 15 min of playing gta sa crashes? Im a modder. I modded it and want to know how I can do this without removing anything. If the only solution is the remove something then go ahead and tell me! Thanks! smile.gif

If you can't pinpoint the source of the crashes to a particular mod from gameplay, your best bet would be to remove mods one by one until the game runs fine to find out which mod is causing the problem. You can also try reinstalling your mods one by one onto a clean install of SA and figure out which mod crashes the game that way.

Marshall Mathers
  • Marshall Mathers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

Hey Dude basically the problem is that rockstar has some limitations set for playstation version of grand theft auto.the limitaions are that the gta1.img present in the disk inspects the whole game while disc reading and deletes any illegal mods we add to original gta.img so a patcher which iheard of fixes this gta1.img and mods do work car mods also work.
so il get the patcher for u ....on my tutorial until then jus wait plssss

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

You need a cheat device (AR-MAX, Codebreaker or Gameshark) to modify the PS2.

A few topics to explain it:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=350108

http://www.gtaforums...pic=322332&st=0

http://www.gtaforums...pic=171732&st=0

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Marshall Mathers @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 11:54)
Hey Dude basically the problem is that rockstar has some limitations set for playstation version of grand theft auto.the limitaions are that the gta1.img present in the disk inspects the whole game while disc reading and deletes any illegal mods we add to original gta.img so a patcher which iheard of fixes this gta1.img and mods do work car mods also work.

What? No. the gtaX.img files are used for faster disc access. Just copy your modified gta.img as often as you need it and burn everything to disc (or better: use a hard drive).

maurice16
  • maurice16

Modder to the Maxx

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Marshall Mathers @ Friday, Apr 5 2013, 11:54)

so will this work if we have free mcbot and a burned copy of gta sa? Will the limitation go away?

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

It's completely wrong that Rockstar has any sorts of checks for mods. You can mod the ps2 version however you want/the hardware allows. It's not quite that easy and you have to make sure to make a copy of the modded gta.img as gta_1.img.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users