Quantcast

» «
Photo

What happens if a staff member breaks the rules?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by GTASAddict, 21 February 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Would they lose their position of power or are they above the rules?

Yikes, misspelling! I meant would their penalties "be" more severe.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't think there are any staff members who do this kind of stuff. After all, they don't become moderators for no reason. Besides, if something like this would happen, they might or might not lose the position of moderator, depending of the gravity of the problem. In any case, if you see anything bad related to some staff member, just report it. icon14.gif

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

They have to have a bath with Waddy.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Staff are subjected to the same rules as everyone, and if sometimes happens the case will handled.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 03:25)

No one is above the rules in this forum. Everyone makes mistakes but staff members who constantly break the rules or misuse their powers have been dealt with before in the past and will be dealt with in the future if applicable. Although please remember that the Admins are very picky in choosing staff members because unreliable staff members can cause harm to the forum in several ways which is one reason why it is so hard to become a global moderator or an Admin on this board.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 23:03)

Splish splash inlove.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Now I want to be a staff member!

Is there any other way you can get to have a bath with Waddy?

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

I dunno'. I think they get demodded or something. And I remember reading about some situation with a former mod named Demarest or something.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Yeah I believe a few staff have been de-modded. Only ones I can think of at the moment are Demarest and Murdoc.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yes Demarest was banned for abusing his powers as former Global Moderator Cerbera says here if you're after some reference of course. So remember OP, if one of the most beloved members in the history of GTAF can be banned. So can any other staff member so again, No one is above the rules and no one ever will be.

@Lzw3

Forty used to be a Global Mod but his rights were also taken away
Also, Charming Charlies rights to Global Moderating were taken away from him if you wanted to know.

But lets not go into this any deeper as we're starting to derail the topic.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

I thought CharmingCharlie retired as he's in the Retired Staff group, something that de-modded members can't get into.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 AM Edited by shoumic, 22 February 2013 - 06:34 AM.

No he is not in the retired staff group. Here's his profile . As you can see he is clearly in the members group. But you're right about one thing though, de-modded members cannot go into the retired staff group because anyone in that group can come back and become a Global Mod, Admin again if they feel they have the time. This is one of the main reasons why GTA3Freak-2001 was put into the members group instead of the retired staff group because the Mods and Admins knew that there is no way he's ever coming back. One may ask that it would do him justice by putting him into the retired staff group but what those people don't get is that the Retired Staff accounts are very powerful accounts as well which is one of the main reasons why you cannot search up these members using the forum tools because inactive accounts are always prone to vulnerabilities.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

Ah my bad, must've been my bad memory. blush.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 10:03)

Rubber duckie included? blush.gif

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 AM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM.

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 22:25)

Nobody is above the rules. The rules are here for a reason, they are here to keep the forum civilized and every single member of this forum is obligated to follow them. If a staff member is constantly breaking the rules then he/she will be demodded or in the worst case even banned. That happens not often here on GTAForums because it's hard to become a forum leader, much harder to become a global moderator or administrator. However if a forum leader or global moderator is breaking the rules then it's the best to tell an admin from it so that the admin can take action against it if it's needed.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 06:24)
No he is not in the retired staff group. Here's his profile . As you can see he is clearly in the members group. But you're right about one thing though, de-modded members cannot go into the retired staff group because anyone in that group can come back and become a Global Mod, Admin again if they feel they have the time. This is one of the main reasons why GTA3Freak-2001 was put into the members group instead of the retired staff group because the Mods and Admins knew that there is no way he's ever coming back. One may ask that it would do him justice by putting him into the retired staff group but what those people don't get is that the Retired Staff accounts are very powerful accounts as well which is one of the main reasons why you cannot search up these members using the forum tools because inactive accounts are always prone to vulnerabilities.

What I want to know, is how the hell you know so much about this stuff, and what our thoughts behind decisions are and what abilities are assigned to accounts...

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ohhhh somebody is getting mad.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 12:51)
QUOTE (shoumic @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 06:24)

What I want to know, is how the hell you know so much about this stuff, and what our thoughts behind decisions are and what abilities are assigned to accounts...

Reading almost every thread that pops up in Network Support and miromiro's posts in this thread helps I would say. smile.gif

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Ebola everywhere!

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 05:36)

Splish splash inlove.gif

I'm so jealous now. I always bath alone. sad.gif

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (COOLMAN12234555896 @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 22:30)

Splish splash inlove.gif

At least when you're alone, there's still space in the tub.

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (Gnarlton Banks @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 23:12)

Splish splash inlove.gif

Are you implying that Waddy has a small bath tub?

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Narcis_speed6 @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 23:17)
QUOTE (Gnarlton Banks @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 23:12)

Splish splash inlove.gif

Are you implying that Waddy has a small bath tub?

I'm sure out of all the small things that Waddy has, a bathtub isn't one of them.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Andrew @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 18:51)

I think you may have been a tad surprised when I said all of those things about the forum especially since I'm a 2012 member. Now I found out a lot of things about the forum because I went through a lot of the older topics in the forum ever since I joined because this place is just so mystical I just wanted to find out more and more things about the forum. After I saw uNi and a few other Mod's retired a few months and then back out of retirement that's when I found out then that people in the retired staff can come back any time. I also saw Svip write in one of the older topics that any members from the retired staff can come back if they find more time. I also found out in another topic that retired staff have an unlimited PM storage space which gave me an indication that these are very powerful accounts indeed, Hence why they can't be found using the forum tools since they are inactive and Vulnerable. I figured out why Freakeh (GTA3Freak-2001) was put into the Members group because it would be ludicrous to not take away the powers from his account since we already know he's never coming back. So everyday when I look deeper and deeper into the forum I find out more things about it so there is nothing you need to worry about Andrew. icon14.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 15:25)

I think you may have been a tad surprised when I said all of those things about the forum especially since I'm a 2012 member. Now I found out a lot of things about the forum because I went through a lot of the older topics in the forum ever since I joined because this place is just so mystical I just wanted to find out more and more things about the forum. After I saw uNi and a few other Mod's retired a few months and then back out of retirement that's when I found out then that people in the retired staff can come back any time. I also saw Svip write in one of the older topics that any members from the retired staff can come back if they find more time. I also found out in another topic that retired staff have an unlimited PM storage space which gave me an indication that these are very powerful accounts indeed, Hence why they can't be found using the forum tools since they are inactive and Vulnerable. I figured out why Freakeh (GTA3Freak-2001) was put into the Members group because it would be ludicrous to not take away the powers from his account since we already know he's never coming back. So everyday when I look deeper and deeper into the forum I find out more things about it so there is nothing you need to worry about Andrew. icon14.gif

I think shoumic is a spy or he's a man in black. ph34r.gif wink.gif

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 10:28)
I think shoumic is a spy or he's a man in black. ph34r.gif wink.gif

You'll never find out my true identity ph34r.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 00:25)

You don't go outside much, do you? sarcasm.gif

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

I knew it was only a matter of time before you came here and said something like that.

Actually being a teenager in Bangladesh, I have to be outside most of the time anyways to be honest, I just manage my time very well for what I want do (Leisure time, Social life) to and what I need to do (Studies etc). So it's not anything like that.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

This isn't GenChat, locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users