Help me decide!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 06:18)
And you havent been any help here and only act to be a uptight brick everywhere.

He HAS been a help here, the OP just refuses to consider any advice that he doesn't like.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I registred to a Ferrari, they seems to think 20,000 euro/year is good for a 360 F1

one guy added me on facebook and sid

10,000 euro is the most you need to pay tops, thats what i spend on .. but my advise is to buy parts and such in the UK, they are cheap there.
then you have 10,000 left for, tyres, gas and maybe you wanna change some accessories..
But thn ofcourse if the transmision breaks down or even worst the engine does then your pretty much screwed

that sounds pretty good to me

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

ofcourse if the transmision breaks down or even worst the engine does then your pretty much screwed

then your pretty much screwed

screwed

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

thats just for me to save som €€€ and i will have that covered

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I Dont recommend any of those honestly. I would go with an early model Porsche. Ferraris are not very kind on the light pocketed. I am a mechanic and I can tell you that if any repairs come up for that thing you are going to get robbed, because damn straight if you brought that thing to me for an oil change or even tires that could run you a couple hundred dollars just in labor. We all want these cars but you gotta live within your means.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

It's all a fantasy IMHO anyway, so any kind of advice is basically wasted.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

If the kid wants a Ferrari, let him have his Ferrari. Don't piss on his dreams. We've all given him advice, and it's his decision now. Hey, it could turn out to be a very interesting thread smile.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 14:26)
it could turn out to be a very interesting thread smile.gif

well yes that's certainly one way to put it...

you have to admit that it does kind of reek of troll bait.
it's either that or genuine naiveté. my money is on the latter.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 21:26)
If the kid wants a Ferrari, let him have his Ferrari. Don't piss on his dreams. We've all given him advice, and it's his decision now. Hey, it could turn out to be a very interesting thread smile.gif

Thank you man, i will post pictures of it when i get it ofcourse biggrin.gif

BTW : now you all have a big opurtunity to bet, dont you? wink.gif

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 23:12)

You think this is a mother f*cking game?

This isn't about whether or not you actually buy or actually have the opportunity to buy a Ferrari. To be honest, no one here cares what you can afford.

What most of us DO car about is preventing a member of the forums from making a huge financial f*ck up. All of us have made one to some extent, some worse than others. All we're trying to do is prevent you from setting a new record on the biggest f*ck up.

The biggest thing you need to look at when managing finances is the future. Doing so can make the difference in ending up homeless, or ending up a billionaire. All of us that have any experience with being financially independent are the ones telling you not to do it. Do you think that's a coincidence? No, we've just seen enough to know an obviously horrible choice when we see one. You're not looking into the future AT ALL, which is a major problem, and very common for someone your age.

If you want to have nice things, you need to start looking into your future. You're not going to live for free forever, and that's a big f*cking cost that's sneaking up on you which you seem to be ignoring entirely. You want to own a Ferrari? Suck it up right now, get ahead, and then buy one when you can afford it FOR SURE. Buy a cheap car that's still fun for now, invest a little bit, and put the rest away in case something comes up and you need it.

Buying as much as you possibly can at the moment is a good way to restrict how far you can go in life. When a deal pops up that's what you really wanted, you wont be able to afford it because you already blew all of your money on settling for something else. If an emergency situation occurs and you need money, you wont have it. What happens if you buy the car, and just barely scrape by, then in two years when you finally move out, your transmission takes a sh*t on you? Now you've got bills to pay, and a massively expensive repair bill on a car that you NEED to sell just to be able eat and have a place to live. You can't sell the car as is because no one wants a Ferrari with a dead transmission that a broke kid is selling because he can't afford it. They'll assume it's been beat on and that you haven't taken care of thee car.

The idea is f*cking stupid. You've got people that know far better than you trying to tell you that, but you refuse to listen. You may think that's confidence, but in reality it's ignorance. You came looking for advice from people that know, and we gave it to you. You can save yourself a lot of struggling and depression later on by listening now, or you can ignore the advice and make a mistake. Either way, I'm done here. I'm not going to draw myself in any further by trying to help someone who doesn't want to help them self. I've done it far too many times in my own life and I'm not doing it here.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 00:57)
The idea is f*cking stupid. You've got people that know far better than you trying to tell you that, but you refuse to listen. You may think that's confidence, but in reality it's ignorance. You came looking for advice from people that know, and we gave it to you. You can save yourself a lot of struggling and depression later on by listening now, or you can ignore the advice and make a mistake. Either way, I'm done here. I'm not going to draw myself in any further by trying to help someone who doesn't want to help them self. I've done it far too many times in my own life and I'm not doing it here.

Whoomp, there it is.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just buy something cheaper like a Porsche. Maybe a 930, 993 or 996?

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Don't do it kid. I could write a book on financing expensive cars and you'd be my "examples" chapter. Make these decisions later in life when they aren't so worrisome to ponder.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 23:57)
QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Thursday, Feb 28 2013, 23:12)

You think this is a mother f*cking game?

This isn't about whether or not you actually buy or actually have the opportunity to buy a Ferrari. To be honest, no one here cares what you can afford.

What most of us DO car about is preventing a member of the forums from making a huge financial f*ck up. All of us have made one to some extent, some worse than others. All we're trying to do is prevent you from setting a new record on the biggest f*ck up.

The biggest thing you need to look at when managing finances is the future. Doing so can make the difference in ending up homeless, or ending up a billionaire. All of us that have any experience with being financially independent are the ones telling you not to do it. Do you think that's a coincidence? No, we've just seen enough to know an obviously horrible choice when we see one. You're not looking into the future AT ALL, which is a major problem, and very common for someone your age.

If you want to have nice things, you need to start looking into your future. You're not going to live for free forever, and that's a big f*cking cost that's sneaking up on you which you seem to be ignoring entirely. You want to own a Ferrari? Suck it up right now, get ahead, and then buy one when you can afford it FOR SURE. Buy a cheap car that's still fun for now, invest a little bit, and put the rest away in case something comes up and you need it.

Buying as much as you possibly can at the moment is a good way to restrict how far you can go in life. When a deal pops up that's what you really wanted, you wont be able to afford it because you already blew all of your money on settling for something else. If an emergency situation occurs and you need money, you wont have it. What happens if you buy the car, and just barely scrape by, then in two years when you finally move out, your transmission takes a sh*t on you? Now you've got bills to pay, and a massively expensive repair bill on a car that you NEED to sell just to be able eat and have a place to live. You can't sell the car as is because no one wants a Ferrari with a dead transmission that a broke kid is selling because he can't afford it. They'll assume it's been beat on and that you haven't taken care of thee car.

Well, i never asked for advice if you think about it, all i asked was which was the GTA'rs favourite,

Its mostly you guys that didnt lissen monocle.gif i had already decided on the first page.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

I've a spyshot of that ferrari he's going to buy!!

user posted image

GORGEOUS.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Oh yeah, thats it, small and crampy, hows the luggage-space? lol

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 05:43)
Its mostly you guys that didnt lissen monocle.gif i had already decided on the first page.

No, it's mostly that you didn't listen. These people have been trying to save you from making a decision that is very likely to financially bankrupt you and ultimately ruin your life if you go through with it and all you can say in response is "well I know what I'm talking about, I've seen more in my 18 years than you could possibly believe!" There has only been one person here that has given you any kind of serious encouragement and that has been Sup3rman, and he is immeasurably less knowledgeable on any of the subjects that are discussed in this subforum than people like Lurch or Sivispacem (the former of which has been awarded simply for said knowledge). Literally every single other person besides Sup3rman has told you that this is a bad f*cking idea and cannot possibly work out in your favor, people that have multiple cases of first-hand experience with exactly what you are planning, and you are sticking your fingers in your ears like a stubborn child who thinks he's the smartest person in the world and that he has everything figured out when in reality he has absolutely nothing figured out and he's not going to realize it until reality sucker punches him in the face and knocks him out cold.

Simply put, this is a bad idea. I'm honestly struggling to decipher how genuine it is, because it is so f*cking stupid that I truly want to believe no sane person would ever consider it for more than five minutes - nay, five seconds. If you do go through with it, I highly suggest you do not come here for advice when everything starts going horribly wrong, because everyone here will be waiting to laugh in your face.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

All i said was if he wishes to go through with it then its his fault if he finds himself in debt. There are so many other guys here who say just dont get the car and dont tell the reason. Also why be so damn harsh, so what the guy is very persistent and somewhat hasnt thought it through. I may not know as much about stuff like this because my life hasnt given me opportunities at all, nor any money really, but i adore cars and really hate when you people are being real assholes towards the guy. Ofc a ferrari is kind of a stupid move, especially when its the only thing to invest money into. As i said i am neutral here, if he wants so bad its his decision, even if its a bad one. Cant say go for it or anything but you guys sure cant make him change his mind as it seems.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

I think I'd suggest a locky at this stage to prevent any more spam.
user posted image

Oh, darn it, there it is.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by Pavlov, 01 March 2013 - 02:58 PM.

QUOTE (Outcast @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 16:11)
Where the hell is Pav when you need him?

He is undoubtedly the one with the most hands-on experience with cars like this out of all of us.

No, I'm not. I wish I was. Anyway, the 360 is a piece of sh*t. A fantastic one, though, especially the stradale version of it. Something we didn't see coming, but it seems that italian (well german/italian) electronics of that car (especially when it comes to the F1 gearbox) seem to age badly after 10 to 14 years of usage. I am just wondering if 430s, QPs etc will have the same problems in 2 to 5 years.

That's not the point of the topic anyway. This is getting really ridiculous, after what I am going to write here I am going to lock it today, or tomorrow. CJ Jacobson, print out what I am going to write and put it above your bed or something. Use it wisely.

First of, you are 18, so you have no idea. Seriously. We all think we do at your age, I thought as well, but no, you have no idea at all. You have no idea how expensive your life will get in the upcoming two years, it will. You will need cash for a lot of things you probably don't think of, and you will understand how hard it is to save your now virtual money. Trust me, if you manage to save the half of it, it will be already a good start, you don't know it yet, but you will burn cash in the most stupidiest ways possible, and you will realize it only after a couple of months, or years. All that means, you can't afford a Ferrari, even though you think virtually you could. Myself, now, virtually I could go and buy or anything sporty/lux in the 40k euro range, given I can afford the maintenance. You won't be able to save that money.

I don't know how much of what you are saying in the previous pages is true, I believe not a lot (regarding your experience with sportscars at Calista or whatever), you first need to understand what a sportscar is. Really. Because you have no clue. Buy yourself a low key one. A MX5/Miata could do the job. Learn how pleasurable is to drive on a daily basis a soft top rwd, well balanced car. The Saab 900 NG-type you have is nowhere near that. It is a Vectra in disguise. It is boring as hell, although I did have one, and I have amazing memories from the ownership, I wouldn't buy one again. Except to mod the hell out of it, rollcage it, and try to track it, despite its wacky front behavior.
Then sell the Miata after a season or two, and get yourself an Audi S4 B5. Turbo. Torsen 4wd. German. Used (a perfect nightmare). And learn how to do the maintenance on it. Learn how do drive 4wd. Take it on icy lakes up there in Sweden, beat the sh*t out of other dudes Imprezas. Also pray you will have more money than what your are supposed to earn now.

Do all of this to feel what sport cars are like.

On the other hand, I know this topic is not about you buying a Ferrari. It is about you becoming a famous automotive vlogger/blogger/insertsomethingsimilarhere.
You are obviously one of the kids that grew up not on stuff that most of the older generation did (i.e. magazines, and F40 posters above our beds) but on internet and youtube. You seem to consider Tim (Shmee) as one of your rolemodels to some extent, and you see yourself a near future (aside of your job) as one of these automotive social media stars, as you admitted it somewhere, the Ferrari is supposed to be a signature car for your fanpage and youtube channel. As I told you before, there is only one Shmee, and it is not because he had an Aston he became popular, although it helped a lot. If you look at Alexandre (who's name is not smolik btw wink.gif ), he bikes his way across Paris... and has similar viewcount as Tim. Plus as hard as it might sound, the global supercar videologs are more or less finished in Europe. You got Shmee, Alex, Marchettino, this top three can earn up to 4k pounds a month from ads on youtube, and then... well there is a lot of small guys that want to be like them.
I had a look over your channel, and over your fanpage. You got nothing, son. Yet. And the Ferrari won't help you here, especially if it will be too expensive to drive around (that given, you manage to buy one). Don't forget one very important rule of that specific branch of internet (vlogs, auto photographers). CONTENT is king here. Sorry to say that, but so far, your content on the fanpage is sh*t. You have 123 views on your single video on your channel. You are going nowhere. HOWEVER i see there is potential and there is a will of moving your butt around Europe to attend events and such. This is a good start. On the other hand, as I told you, the folks on the hill are here, so if you want to make something cool, go into the niche direction. You're 18, many people around 20yrs old are into getting a car that is far from ordinary, but have limited budget. They buy youngtimers. You can go into that direction, attend youngtimer events, classic car events, tell everybody around that it was much better when cars had black or chrome bumpers and not integrated ones, make videos about it. Plus it seems that indeed you have some local potential there, given what your uncle owns, or given to some extent (as I told you I don't know what is true in the previous pages) the fact you have good vibes with Calista AB. MIX it with the photo/video content about your Miata and about the S5 B5, instead of maniacally saving cash for a Ferrari that you wouldn't be able to afford. Buy a Nikon, D7000 with a 50mm lens, and a wideangle one, buy a gopro hero3, actually two of them. Learn how to use imovie, adobe premiere, if you don't have a mac, buy one. Buy plane tickets and show tickets. This is a beautiful adventure that you can afford (or so it seems).

I need a coffee. And a new avatar.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

If you look at Smotra, he earned his fame with wreckless driving.
Turned from a wreckless driver (well, not really) into a Russian car reviewer.

My point still stands - it's pointless at your age to buy a Ferrari. Even if I won the 30m jackpot today, I still wouldn't buy one, not until I'm older.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Reckless! Not Wreckless. Erik is a totally different type of animal. Smotra is a webpage wink.gif and also a very famous part of Moscow where dudes with fast cars used to meet.

Michaś
  • Michaś

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Friday, Mar 1 2013, 15:32)
Reckless! Not Wreckless. Erik is a totally different type of animal. Smotra is a webpage wink.gif and also a very famous part of Moscow where dudes with fast cars used to meet.

Isn't his name Erik Smotra?

//edit: It's Erik Davidych. Sorry.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Pavlov

Go ahead and lock this, then

i already have my decision, made, might be a stupid move or what ever, as i said i have the money needed for the car.

I got 2 companies that wants to sponsor my project.. i got a garage ready for the car, and my SAAB (which i BTW drove on the ise today with) cant wait to get a little redhead girlfriend

I got a brand new transmision i will get for free, that will be installed on the car right the way.. now all whats missing is the actuall car, which im goning to italy and get in 2 months

So there is nothing realy to say against it inlove.gif

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

You didn't read my post, did you?

Lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users