Photo

Help me decide!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
144 replies to this topic
Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:33 PM Edited by Chris CJ Jakobsson, 23 February 2013 - 05:47 PM.

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 17:23)
So, that 365 quid per hour? Nice pay. I did some acting here for the TV Series "Vikings" and only got paid 150 per day.

Gotta renew my premium membership on Starnow confused.gif I enjoy acting.

Yeah its great pay of (no its not a comon paycheck i have gotten maybe 1,500-2,000 for all my other acting gigs)

and yeah i enjoy it to,

Vikings, hmm i recognice that, dont know 100% what it is though

you should renew your membership absolutly, nice to see other actors here btw smile.gif

I'm surpriced none have said
"you wont get a Ferrari, with the way you spell" lol

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by sivispacem, 23 February 2013 - 06:27 PM.

You may be able to get a Ferrari, but I still stand by my statements of not being able to keep it on the road.

Wouldn't it make much more sense to save the money (or at least the bulk of it) for a proper investment, like property?

£370 per hour is crazy money- that's about what the most successful planning lawyer in the UK charges, and more than twice the £150-an-hour rate that a senior partner in a successful architectural firm would get. Personally, given your age (and I still hold some reservations about the validity of this), I feel that you've probably let the fact that you've got a large amount of money coming in in the near future get to your head somewhat, and you've started getting ideas above your station. If you were earning £370 an hour full time- or even £370 an day full time- I'd give you two thumbs up and say "go for it" but with intermittent payments and the uncertainty of future work, I think you'd do better to save rather than splurge.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 18:23)
You may be able to get a Ferrari, but I still stand by my statements of not being able to keep it on the road.

Wouldn't it make much more sense to save the money (or at least the bulk of it) for a proper investment, like property?

£370 per hour is crazy money- that's about what the most successful planning lawyer in the UK charges, and more than twice the £150-an-hour rate that a senior partner in a successful architectural firm would get. Personally, given your age (and I still hold some reservations about the validity of this), I feel that you've probably let the fact that you've got a large amount of money coming in in the near future get to your head somewhat, and you've started getting ideas above your station. If you were earning £370 an hour full time- or even £370 an day full time- I'd give you two thumbs up and say "go for it" but with intermittent payments and the uncertainty of future work, I think you'd do better to save rather than splurge.

Yeah i know what you mean, i dont blame you at all.

but you saw my earlier post about making one of the better if not the best automotive presenter on the web, and i know it sounds foolish, dumb or even retarded, but i gotta do this .

and yeah a Ferrari will be expensive, but if i get this up right, who knows maybe i could manage to get some sort of sponsor or im popular enough in the motor-world..

If it get to expensive, i can just sell the car. but i realy doubt that will happen cry.gif

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

A very stupid but then again wise phrase comes to mind: you only live once...
I mean, you aren't gonna live forever and certainly most wont get to have a chance to buy such a vehicle. So why not get yourself the car you really really want if its possible. I would never get a Ferrari, not my style...but still. Getting such a car would mean that you could have a lot of worries, but who cares? Did you actually got the car so you could only maintain it, look at it...or to drive it and actually enjoy it?

Sivi will ofc say, bollocks, because he is a wiser and older person...but if the purchase wouldn't harm too much of your financial status and you don't want to get a less expensive car and use the leftover money to buy something wiser or just hold on to the money...then go ahead.

If you will get tired of the car or it will be too much to maintain, you can ofc sell it. At least you can try the car out.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 19:12)
A very stupid but then again wise phrase comes to mind: you only live once...
I mean, you aren't gonna live forever and certainly most wont get to have a chance to buy such a vehicle. So why not get yourself the car you really really want if its possible. I would never get a Ferrari, not my style...but still. Getting such a car would mean that you could have a lot of worries, but who cares? Did you actually got the car so you could only maintain it, look at it...or to drive it and actually enjoy it?

Sivi will ofc say, bollocks, because he is a wiser and older person...but if the purchase wouldn't harm too much of your financial status and you don't want to get a less expensive car and use the leftover money to buy something wiser or just hold on to the money...then go ahead.

If you will get tired of the car or it will be too much to maintain, you can ofc sell it. At least you can try the car out.

Well the Ferrari will be the car that will represent my Facebook-page and my YouTube-channel ,
along with my Saab 900 and my old 1985 Mercedes 500SEL (the german rustbucket as i like to call it lol)

My Mercedes

My SAAB

This is a Ferrari that WILL be used. my ucle drove, was like 150,000 km, i hope that i cen beat that hehe..

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

You talk the talk but do you walk the walk?

Lets get some pics of you and your cars together.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

do i ever walk?
Isnt that why i have a car? lol j/k

I will take a photo of me and the cars in the summer, wait you comming to sweden weren't you, then you can see it your self hehe just messing with you

But i promice i will upload a photo

Whole alvum of the SAAB

Have had the Merc for 4 months now, but havnt had time to spend any time on its parked 600 km away from me (a friend let me store it there)

but heres a few
Exterior
Original wheels
Interior

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Dude, the important thing is, you can't be another Tim Burton, Alexsmolik or Marchettino. Stick to something original, I see youngtimer potential here. And you are not an automotive star of the internets. And don't try to buy a signature car.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

What i want to do is to show what europe have to offer in the motor world, not only cars.

Air Shows, Car Shows, Motor Cycle-shows

For exemple, the guys you mentioned are great guys and do an awesome job BUT they never realy put any time on vintage/classic cars, right? well not often anyway.

they mostly feature cars like, Aventador, Veyron, 458, SLS, R8, Zonda etc
---

user posted image
i mean, have people gotten tired of the old Stangs?

user posted image

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Old stangs...love them and vintage cars. Thats why i watch Jay Lenos garage. DoctaM3 and Subaruwrxfan show nice cars, but not vintage really, rarely only. A great way to get viewers and also give more info on what you are on about is advertising it on digital newspapers like some have done in my country and also make a webpage.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (Sup3rman @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 20:29)
Old stangs...love them and vintage cars. Thats why i watch Jay Lenos garage. DoctaM3 and Subaruwrxfan show nice cars, but not vintage really, rarely only. A great way to get viewers and also give more info on what you are on about is advertising it on digital newspapers like some have done in my country and also make a webpage.

Jay Leno is great, his the only guy i know that actually love all kinds of cars, and vehicles for that matter.

He deseve more respect then anyone IMO

Yeah, the web page will be developed later this year. my firend and i are configuring it out every now and then smile.gif

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

So I've been reading your thread. You want to buy a Ferrari? My job is an automotive journalist; so I've been in, around, and on some of the coolest cars & trucks on the planet. Let me help you with some real world facts. Ferraris are normally pretty expensive and elusive machines. They're elite super cars that set the benchmark for speed, thrills, and excitement. You aren't wrong in wanting one. Heck, if someone gave me one I would drive it too! But after driving it for a bit, I would then turn around and sell it. Why? Well, the first reason is gas prices. Lets take closer look at the 550. It only gets 9/10 miles per gallon. Of course that all depends on how you drive it. If you're very ginger with the throttle you might get 11 mpg. Remember, you have to use the highest octane possible for the Ferrari too. If you put in the cheap-o 87 octane, you're going to end up with a $10,000+ repair bill.

So gas in your area for premium is $4 a gallon (rounded up from $3.97/gal for easy math). Did you know the 550 has a 114 litre fuel tank?!? That's right; you're looking at 30 gallons for a full tank. That's $120 to fill up the tank each time. I called up a buddy of mine who works as a Ferrari mechanic just for you and got these prices from him:
  • Blow a coolant hose? That hose costs $600.
  • A belt change will set you back $5,000.
  • Alternator and Battery change is $1,500-$1,600.
  • If your A/C goes out and you have to rebuild the compressor it's gonna be $2400 or you could buy a new one for $2900.
  • You'll need to change your oil frequently, and the price on that is $1,500.
  • Every time the check engine light comes on, you HAVE to tow it to the dealership or risk causing thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars in more damage.
Also don't forget insurance. an 18 y/o with a Ferrari? Don't be surprised if people start laughing in your face. However, don't be surprised to also be paying $1,000+ a month either. And you're going to want full coverage, so I'd round that number up to $1,500 a month. Now, if you're comfortable dealing with that, and you still want to buy a Ferrari, then go for it. I just hope you're understanding that exotics like a Ferrari cost exotic money as well. Personally, if I have $40,000 to spend on a car, I'd look at something new and sporty that you can spend about $20,000-$25,000 on, use some of the leftover money for mods to make it FASTER than a Ferrari and keep the rest in the bank to live off of comfortably. But that's just my opinion. You do what you want smile.gif

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 21:50)
So I've been reading your thread. You want to buy a Ferrari? My job is an automotive journalist; so I've been in, around, and on some of the coolest cars & trucks on the planet. Let me help you with some real world facts. Ferraris are normally pretty expensive and elusive machines. They're elite super cars that set the benchmark for speed, thrills, and excitement. You aren't wrong in wanting one. Heck, if someone gave me one I would drive it too! But after driving it for a bit, I would then turn around and sell it. Why? Well, the first reason is gas prices. Lets take closer look at the 550. It only gets 9/10 miles per gallon. Of course that all depends on how you drive it. If you're very ginger with the throttle you might get 11 mpg. Remember, you have to use the highest octane possible for the Ferrari too. If you put in the cheap-o 87 octane, you're going to end up with a $10,000+ repair bill.

So gas in your area for premium is $4 a gallon (rounded up from $3.97/gal for easy math). Did you know the 550 has a 114 litre fuel tank?!? That's right; you're looking at 30 gallons for a full tank. That's $120 to fill up the tank each time. I called up a buddy of mine who works as a Ferrari mechanic just for you and got these prices from him:
  • Blow a coolant hose? That hose costs $600.
  • A belt change will set you back $5,000.
  • Alternator and Battery change is $1,500-$1,600.
  • If your A/C goes out and you have to rebuild the compressor it's gonna be $2400 or you could buy a new one for $2900.
  • You'll need to change your oil frequently, and the price on that is $1,500.
  • Every time the check engine light comes on, you HAVE to tow it to the dealership or risk causing thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars in more damage.
Also don't forget insurance. an 18 y/o with a Ferrari? Don't be surprised if people start laughing in your face. However, don't be surprised to also be paying $1,000+ a month either. And you're going to want full coverage, so I'd round that number up to $1,500 a month. Now, if you're comfortable dealing with that, and you still want to buy a Ferrari, then go for it. I just hope you're understanding that exotics like a Ferrari cost exotic money as well. Personally, if I have $40,000 to spend on a car, I'd look at something new and sporty that you can spend about $20,000-$25,000 on, use some of the leftover money for mods to make it FASTER than a Ferrari and keep the rest in the bank to live off of comfortably. But that's just my opinion. You do what you want smile.gif

Thats great info thanks for looking it up, i realy apriciate it!
Now i have been looking at all costs, and contacted a Ferrari (supercar) workshop for the exact numbers

A change of belts cost aroun 1,500 USD (11,950 SEK) maybe its more expensive in the USA

then service every 3 year for 1,400 USD (10,990 SEK)

Big service (10,000 km, 30,000 km, 50,000 km and so on) 2,000 to 2,500 USD (18,000 - 22,000 SEK)

Clutch change every 3,000 to 4,000 km thats a whole alot of expensive, 6,500 USD (50,000 SEK)

What i been told (which is pretty obvious) is to allow a knowledgeable engineering perform condition monitoring of the item prior to purchase to discover any. hidden faults and estimate future costs

Then , i got to drive a Ferrari 360 for a week a few months ago, it was a birthday present since the dealer where i worked knew i loved Ferrari. and i just loved it, when i was behind that steering wheel with a yellow badge of a black prancing horse.. nothing did ever matter (i was like "oh yeah my friends are gonna be jealous" when i stand in front of the car.. but you know what, none of that did ever matter, i remeber some jirk laughing at the car saying it looked gay, girly, but i just didnt care.

Same for the gas bill..

and i dont realy care for a faster car.. you see a Ferrari 360 is like my solemate damn i need to get a girlfriend dont i?

But as i said, thanks alot for the info you gave me i realy apriciate it, if only more people could be this helpful smile.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

You have your whole life ahead of you and I would really recommend you save that money. We were all 18 once and I'm pretty sure we all could have done with the money you have now. What I'm saying is that getting a Ferrari at this point in your life may not be the smartest move. If you truly love Ferraris are much as you've said, you'll want to give it the best home possible. Much like you would with your children. Once you've finished university (or whatever you're doing) and you have a stable income, then get the Ferrari. You'll be able to care for it much better than you would be able to now.

Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 22:37)

Ferrari stuff

No problem. I could (and do haha) talk cars all day long. Yes, the numbers are a bit pricey, but that is for OEM Ferrari parts installed and worked on by a Ferrari mechanic from a Ferrari dealership to keep it under warranty.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 22:51)
You have your whole life ahead of you and I would really recommend you save that money. We were all 18 once and I'm pretty sure we all could have done with the money you have now. What I'm saying is that getting a Ferrari at this point in your life may not be the smartest move. If you truly love Ferraris are much as you've said, you'll want to give it the best home possible. Much like you would with your children. Once you've finished university (or whatever you're doing) and you have a stable income, then get the Ferrari. You'll be able to care for it much better than you would be able to now.

I a apriciate your opinion, but as you say, im still young and have my whole life life ahead of me,
but i have pretty much decided what to do,

but as i have said earlier, i have an income of 19,000 SEK (thats like 2300 EURO)100 to 200 on food, then ofcourse taxes, i live where i live for free. so thats 20,000 year that i dont even touch. and i have 2 years left of school,

so i have a backup.

AND IF it would be so that it would be to expensive for me to own the Ferrari, i can just sell it, i could put it as the cheapest Ferrari 360 in sweden, and still make 20% more then what i will pay for the car.. (if i get it sold ofcourse)

@Devyl
Same here smile.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by Lurch, 27 February 2013 - 12:52 AM.

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 18:20)
but as i have said earlier, i have an income of 19,000 SEK (thats like 2300 EURO)100 to 200 on food, then ofcourse taxes, i live where i live for free. so thats 20,000 year that i dont even touch. and i have 2 years left of school,

This is quite a bit less than we thought you made. A single repair bill with cripple you.

If I wanted something fairly exotic and halfway affordable, it would probably be a newer yota-engined Elise. I've talked to several owners of them and they say the parts related to engine are all basic corolla/matrix/celica parts and are quite affordable.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 15:37)
if only more people could be this helpful  smile.gif

but they have been.

everyone in this thread has been helpful.
they all told you the exact same thing that Devyl told you. the only difference is that they didn't include all of the raw numbers and data.

but they've been telling you since page 1: it's probably not the best idea to try and buy a Ferrari at this point in your life... given your economic situation.

Burbalade
  • Burbalade

Ebay Wizard

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 23:20)
i live where i live for free. so thats 20,000 year that i dont even touch.

So you live for free and have about $3000 USD a year for spending money?

You want to buy a car that costs $1400 in service every three years? Plus $2000 in service every 12,000 miles? Being a daily driver you could easily put 12k miles on it every year. At that rate you're paying $2500 USD a year just in service.

Insurance would easily cost you $20,000/year.

Did you forget a zero or something? With that math, I don't see how you'd even consider it possible to keep for two months. Or did you mean $20,000 USD a year? Even so you'd be paying that in insurance and wouldn't have any money for gas or service, much less repairs.

Also keep in mind that you wont be living for free forever.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

You don't service a Ferrari every three years. You service it annually regardless of mileage. People putting their Ferraris on 3-year service plans is why there are so many absolute dogs for sale. As Lurch has quite rightly said, you just can't afford it. I hate to repeat myself but you can't. A single four-corner tyre change (and expect a set of rear tyres to last about 5,000 miles) would cost anything up to 15% of your annual pre-tax income. That's one set of tyres. You will be flat broke in a matter of months. They might be a fantastic few months, but you'll be ruined after them.

As I've said before, you really need an annual income of about £100,000 to buy, run and maintain a Ferrari (even a less desirable one) once you take into account all of your other expenses. I do find it strange that you have no other living costs aside from food and taxes, too.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Only way i see you could own a Ferrari, is if you keep it a sunday driver. I saw you had other cars too, the Saab and the Merc. Use those as daily drivers and the Ferrari as little as possible. Then again, cant let the car stay in the garage all the time too. Thing is, the car has to maintained and looked after even when you are not driving it. I would gather way more money before getting one and reserving money ahead for unexpected/expected repairs or costs

GeorgieNJ
  • GeorgieNJ

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Sounds like a bad idea.. Have you considered getting a Porsche may be? I'm not sure what they go for in Sweden, but over here you can get a 911 or Cayman for like 15k-20k EU. Maintenance should be cheaper than Ferrarri too. Just a thought

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:57 AM Edited by Chris CJ Jakobsson, 27 February 2013 - 10:59 AM.

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 02:39)
QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 23:20)
i live where i live for free. so thats 20,000 year that i dont even touch.

So you live for free and have about $3000 USD a year for spending money?

You want to buy a car that costs $1400 in service every three years? Plus $2000 in service every 12,000 miles? Being a daily driver you could easily put 12k miles on it every year. At that rate you're paying $2500 USD a year just in service.

Insurance would easily cost you $20,000/year.

Did you forget a zero or something? With that math, I don't see how you'd even consider it possible to keep for two months. Or did you mean $20,000 USD a year? Even so you'd be paying that in insurance and wouldn't have any money for gas or service, much less repairs.

The insurence isnt that bad actually, i called a insurencecompany "Läns Försäkringar" is its name, and told them my age, the car i wanna buy how much i gonna drive it
the insurence isnt to much more then the insurence for my SAAB

I have about 20,000 Euro to live on ever year

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:15 AM Edited by Outcast, 27 February 2013 - 11:24 AM.

I don't know what it is but you just refuse to listen. Why even ask us if you're not going to listen to what we're saying?

QUOTE (Lurch @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 08:49)
This is quite a bit less than we thought you made. A single repair bill with cripple you.

QUOTE (Burbalade @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 10:39)

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 16:01)
You don't service a Ferrari every three years. You service it annually regardless of mileage. People putting their Ferraris on 3-year service plans is why there are so many absolute dogs for sale. As Lurch has quite rightly said, you just can't afford it. I hate to repeat myself but you can't. A single four-corner tyre change (and expect a set of rear tyres to last about 5,000 miles) would cost anything up to 15% of your annual pre-tax income. That's one set of tyres. You will be flat broke in a matter of months. They might be a fantastic few months, but you'll be ruined after them.

As I've said before, you really need an annual income of about £100,000 to buy, run and maintain a Ferrari (even a less desirable one) once you take into account all of your other expenses. I do find it strange that you have no other living costs aside from food and taxes, too.

These are all people who know what they're talking about. I doubt you have the life experience and knowledge that Lurch or Sivis have acquired over the years. You don't just go from owning a sh*tty Saab to a f*cking Ferrari. Life just doesn't work that way. You also seem quite confident you'll be able to flip it for 20% more than you got it for, now I'm not an expert on Ferraris but I highly doubt that. At the moment all I see you doing is rationalising your need for a Ferrari (for your Facebook and Youtube or whatever). You already have an uncle with Ferraris and apparently have access to a lot of nice cars. I don't see why you would need to own one yourself.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

what SAAB are you calling sh*tty

Well, my uncle is wealthy (damn i hate my cousin) he have some ventelation company or what ever it is.. so ofcourse he can afford some higher priced cars.. for the moment he have a M3 (4-door) and Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Auto cura service AB, Calisma AB, and my uncle, have all told me the prices of owning a Ferrari 360, and i think they have a little more experience when it comes to this.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:55 PM Edited by Outcast, 27 February 2013 - 01:07 PM.

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 20:26)
what SAAB are  you calling sh*tty

Well, my uncle is wealthy (damn i hate my cousin) he have some ventelation company or what ever it is.. so ofcourse he can afford some higher priced cars.. for the moment he have a M3 (4-door) and Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Auto cura service AB, Calisma AB, and my uncle, have all told me the prices of owning a Ferrari 360, and i think they have a little more experience when it comes to this.

I thought it was pretty clear I was referring to your SAAB. Also it's called alliteration. Ever heard of it?

Regardless, you still don't get what everyone's saying do you? You're blatantly picking and choosing specific points to answer which makes me think you don't really have much of a plan other than to buy any Ferrari you can get your hands on. Also it's absolutely confusing as to which currency you're referring to as you only say you have 35k. 35k what? Pounds Sterling? US Dollars? Swedish Kroner? (if its SEK then this topic is absolutely pointless).

I can actually walk into the Ferrari showroom on Park Lane today and come out a Ferrari owner, no joke. You are only on the threshold of a cheap Ferrari yet you seem to be giving it less thought than I do with my cars. At the end of the day it is your money and it's your choice to do with it what you will. It's pretty obvious the majority think it's a stupid decision on your part though, if that tells you anything.

EDIT: Also you're saying Auto Cura Service AB, Calisma AB, and your uncle have a little more experience than us in this matter? Let me tell you something, I have an entire stable of cars. My friends, colleagues, and acquaintances own every AMG, M Sport, Lambo, Ferrari, and Porsche you can imagine. (I even have one or two Spyker owning friends in Shanghai and that is rare in the region). I don't know exactly how much it costs for us all to maintain our cars as we have people who do that for us, but I know it isn't cheap. I toyed with the idea of getting a Ferrari a couple years ago but a family friend (who owns a Lambo Gallardo Spyder, Ferrari F430, Porsche 911, and Mercedes E63) recommended I went German instead which is why I ordered an SLS. The reason being? Maintenance. We're making hundreds of thousands USD a year (at least) but we still think upkeep is ridiculous. What does that tell you?

EDIT 2: Just in case Lurch or anyone was wondering what happened to my SLS, simply put I refused to take delivery of it when it arrived last year and now the dealership is trying to get me to take any car they have that my deposit will cover so I'm thinking of just getting a CLA instead.

Gnarlton Banks
  • Gnarlton Banks

*MURDOC*

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by Gnarlton Banks, 27 February 2013 - 02:42 PM.

You could always buy this one...

user posted image

That'll buff out.

Chris CJ Jakobsson
  • Chris CJ Jakobsson

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

it doent realy seems like you realy have read what i have said, if i would have known that it would be to expensive for me to own a Ferrari, i wouldnt buy one, but now i know that i can afford with one..

and what i mean with that Auto Cura Service AB, Calisma AB, and my uncle have a little more experience, is that there opinins matter more to me.

so, i make 20,000 euro a year, i have a 40,000 euro (or what ever 350,000SEK is in EURO) and what i been told it that the year cost of a 360 is less then 10,000 EURO (aith change of parts included, clutch, belt, tyres etc)) so maybe im just stupid, or something, but that seems like i can aford with the car and still have left overs

@Gnarlton Banks yeah that car seems to be good condition and all !!! lol.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Hellhound Warpig

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Chris CJ Jakobsson @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 14:17)
it doent realy seems like you realy have read what i have said, if i would have known that it would be to expensive for me to own a Ferrari, i wouldnt buy one, but now i know that i can afford with one.

The thing is, you obviously don't. You can easily spend 15% of your annual pre-tax salary on tyres alone for a Ferrari, yet you still seem to think that your financial situation would enable you to run one.

Allow me to draw a comparison with myself. My annual pre-tax salary is about double yours. After accounting for food, bills, tax, subsidence, the odd night out and living expenses I probably have a disposable income of about €12k-15k a year. That's between two thirds and three quarters of your post-tax salary, not accounting for any of your additional expenses. On an old Ferrari, I would budget probably €10k a year minimum in maintenance alone, quite apart from any other costs. So you'd probably be looking at spending up to maybe 80% of your post-tax, post-expense earnings on maintenance in a bad year. Picture this- your Ferrari needs it's €2,500 annual service, plus a mileage-related belt change at €5,000. If you have yo buy a full set of tyres in the same year, you will have spent somewhere in the region of €10k before the car was even roadworthy. Insurance costs? €2,500 a year, minimum for a mid-40s gentleman director of a company with 20 years driving experience and 10 years no claims. So probably five times that given your age, regardless of mileage limitations.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that solely the insurance on a Ferrari 360 would wipe out your entire post-tax, post-expense earnings.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sivi, it seems you don't beliebe anything Chris tells us or you just don't feel like reading through...as he said the insurance wouldnt cost that much. But it would be wise to give us some formal info about the prices Chris, from websites or whatever. That would be great because noone doesnt seem to believe really anything you say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users