Quantcast

» «
Photo

Claude Speaks

170 replies to this topic

Poll: Is It Real That Claude Speaks in That Trailer? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Is It Real That Claude Speaks in That Trailer?

1. Yes, it is (7 votes [11.67%])

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

2. Don't know (6 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. No, it isn't (43 votes [71.67%])

Percentage of vote: 71.67%

4. Doesn't matter/Other (4 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

R* f*ckING LIED, man I gave you big ass picture.

http://images49.fotosik.pl/1819/678fa0fbdd434e52gen.jpg

Its not a cosmetic change.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

No, they didn't.

They were talking about 9/11 changes there. They didn't specifically deny the bus was changed, they denied those changes as a result of 9/11.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Apart from the bus talk.

Rockstar lied about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories being only and solely only PSP exclusives, and would never be ported to any other game platform ever. But they ended up being ported to the PS2 and are now on PlayStation Network too if I'm not mistaken.

They also said that Episodes from Liberty City would be Xbox360 exclusives, but they were ported to PS3 and PC a few weeks or so later.

Every GTA fan knows about these facts, but...

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

The PSP and PS2 are both owned by Sony, so I don't see the problem in that.

Games can be exclusive for a limited period of time. Case solved. Next "lie" to debunk.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

You haven't debunked the first "lie", because you have no proof, again. I gave too much proof.

And R* haven't said that it would be a time limited exclusive.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 22:07)
[...]Games can be exclusive for a limited period of time.[...]

They can, that's not always the case, and if it was, Rockstar shouldn't be as vague as they were back then just saying "Xbox 360 exclusive", they should use a more specific wording in order to not mislead people.

Such misleads are still happening with their marketing timeframes, "soon" "in a few months" are turning out to be years of wait. whatsthat.gif

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 01:53)
You haven't debunked the first "lie", because you have no proof, again. I gave too much proof.

And R* haven't said that it would be a time limited exclusive.

Actually you didn't give me any proof. I looked on Gouranga a little bit and I can't find that video; I also don't see how that site can be trusted anyway after looking in the "about" section. There's nothing official about it. So you have to prove that the video came from a legit source in the form it's found on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure they signed a contract for a certain period of time with Microsoft. They didn't lie by not telling people what kind of exclusive it was; it was just a marketing strategy so perhaps people would buy a 360, the same kind of strategy they used to release the PC version later on. Just because they didn't announce a PC version before the game was released it doesn't mean they lied about releasing one.

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 01:59)
They can, that's not always the case, and if it was, Rockstar shouldn't be as vague as they were back then just saying "Xbox 360 exclusive", they should use a more specific wording in order to not mislead people.

Such misleads are still happening with their marketing timeframes, "soon" "in a few months" are turning out to be years of wait.  whatsthat.gif

As I said above, it's a marketing strategy.

Delays happen for a reason, to improve the game. You would be surprised to know that fans could potentially be responsible for delays, but I can't talk about that.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 23:19)
As I said above, it's a marketing strategy.

Delays happen for a reason, to improve the game. You would be surprised to know that fans could potentially be responsible for delays, but I can't talk about that.

Exactly, marketing strategies.

And I wasn't expecifically talking about GTA V, just look at Agent, Rockstar announced that game in 2009 and here's the official site.

user posted image

4 years of wait is far from being "soon", which is another lie. whatsthat.gif

And don't even make me started with the Hot Coffe scandal, which they also lied and blamed on some poor fan, when the files were infact made by Rockstar themselves.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

^^
Don't say some poor fan, cause we all know it was PatrickW.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Do you seriously think they did that intentionally? Why would they want to intentionally piss off fans?

I'm not familiar with what they said about that Hot Coffee mod. I know the files were already in the original version. How exactly did they blame PatrickW?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

There you have it:
http://www.nomorehotcoffee.com/

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Which part in particular are you referring to? I don't see them specifically blaming anybody.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeedRulez, 04 March 2013 - 12:21 AM.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

What is "Hot Coffee"?

The term "Hot Coffee" has come to be used to refer to an unauthorized third party modification to the retail version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.[...]

Also, on Wikipedia, this scandal is mentioned.

Rockstar Games, the publisher of the Grand Theft Auto series, initially denied allegations that the minigame was "hidden" in the video game, stating that the Hot Coffee modification (which they claim violated the game's End User Licence Agreement) is the result of "hackers" making "significant technical modifications to and reverse engineering" the game's code.[3] However, this claim was undermined when gothi from PS2 Save Tools released the GTA:SA Censor Remover for PS2 and Xbox in June 2005 which allowed the scenes to be accessed in each of the console versions. These new methods of accessing "Hot Coffee" demonstrated that the controversial content was, indeed, built into the console versions as well.

As you can see, this claim actually have a source, and it leads to this site.

Hackers are responsible for a downloadable modification that enables sexually explicit minigames to be played in the blockbuster criminal adventure video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," the game's maker said on Wednesday.
The modification, which allows simulated sex in the personal computer version of one of the most popular and controversial video games in history, has led to an investigation by the industry ratings board. It also has intensified criticism of the industry that pulled in $7.3 billion in US software sales in 2004.

Some critics are calling for the game's rating to be changed from "M" (Mature 17+) to the rare "AO" (Adult Only), which would threaten to crimp sales at large retail outlets.

Gaming enthusiasts have been buzzing about the modification, dubbed "hot coffee" for weeks. Video clips identified as representing the modified minigame can be found on some gaming enthusiast Web sites.

"We have learned that the 'hot coffee' modification is the work of a determined group of hackers who have gone to significant trouble to alter scenes in the official version of the game," Rockstar Games, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc, said in a statement.

The Entertainment Software Rating Board last week launched a probe into whether the sexual minigames were deliberately hidden in the game code and unlocked by the "hot coffee" modification -- or if they are solely the result of the modification.

"Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" got its "M" rating for blood and gore, intense violence, strong language, strong sexual content and drug use.

Sex is suggested in the official version of the game, but does not happen on screen.

Players who download the "hot coffee" modification from the Internet can make a male character engage in various sex acts with a virtual "girlfriend."

The "hot coffee" modification, which violates the game's software user agreement, is the result of hackers disassembling and then combining, recompiling and altering the game's source code, Rockstar said.

Rockstar added that the "hot coffee" scenes could not be created without intentional and significant technical modifications and reverse engineering of the game's source code.

Games in the "Grand Theft Auto" series have drawn numerous detractors, including Democratic California law maker Leland Yee and the National Institute on Media and the Family, an outspoken opponent.

Rockstar said it is investigating ways to increase the security protection of the source code and prevent the game from being altered by the "hot coffee" modification.

The company also is assisting the ESRB in its investigation into the modification.

"We remain confident that the ESRB assigned 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' the correct rating, 'M'," Rockstar said.

The PlayStation2 version of "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" was the No. 1 game of 2004, selling just over 5 million copies, according to NPD Funworld.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by _____, 04 March 2013 - 11:22 AM.

That proves exactly the contrary of what you said. If you want to talk about responsibility, the "hackers" are the ones to blame for enabling the minigame. You can't access these scenes in the original unmodified game.

The only part that could be considered a lie is the "initially denied allegations that the minigame was "hidden" in the video game" part. They have also exaggerated quite a bit but in the end they admitted the content was already in the game but not accessible without altering the game's code, which is true. They simply denied allegations for legal reasons, and a lot of people would do this.

However, you can't compare this case to the Q&A about 9/11 and beta changes (which was the topic of this discussion). I can't think of any reason why they would lie about the changes. Just because they lied one time it doesn't mean they lie all the time. Everybody has lied at some point, that doesn't mean you are a liar all the time (except all people tend to lie in conversations involuntarily, but that's another thing).

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by Filip454, 04 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Actually you didn't give me any proof. I looked on Gouranga a little bit and I can't find that video; I also don't see how that site can be trusted anyway after looking in the "about" section. There's nothing official about it. So you have to prove that the video came from a legit source in the form it's found on YouTube.

Cause you don't know the site from the beginning. It was real. Everything is real on this site. If not, there is some info about mistakes. OMG man you're stupid, how it can't be official if even ROCKSTAR hosted this site after ASC Games.
Now they own it.

http://gouranga.com/...vies-gta3-1.htm - SCREENSHOTS. Movie is not available cause it was from IGN and IGN has changed so no source link.

LOL, but in those times (2001) nobody cared about "FANS" unlike nowadays because DMA was introducing this open world in 3D, not fans. DMA was a lot better because they did the game, not the fans like nowadays.
GTA 3 delay wasn't caused by marketing. It was caused by very complex development during that time.

However, you can't compare this case to the Q&A about 9/11 and beta changes (which was the topic of this discussion). I can't think of any reason why they would lie about the changes. Just because they lied one time it doesn't mean they lie all the time. Everybody has lied at some point, that doesn't mean you are a liar all the time (except all people tend to lie in conversations involuntarily, but that's another thing).

I just think ppl who wasn't connected with DMA during development of GTA 3 shouldn't answer these questions. Some question should be answered by DMA staff only. I will make some interview with ppl from DMA soon and we will get more info (but Gouranga is the main source of legit info).

I'm pretty sure they signed a contract for a certain period of time with Microsoft. They didn't lie by not telling people what kind of exclusive it was; it was just a marketing strategy so perhaps people would buy a 360, the same kind of strategy they used to release the PC version later on. Just because they didn't announce a PC version before the game was released it doesn't mean they lied about releasing one.

I don't care if they lied or not, but nowadays R* sucks a little. They look like they care about the GTA community but this is bullsh*t.

So you have to prove that the video came from a legit source in the form it's found on YouTube.

I have this video in its original form.

http://swiatgta.pl/f..._auto_3_feb.avi

It came from Gouranga, I found this on my old HD. The reason it is without intro by IGN is that at first, the video was not from IGN on Gouranga, it was posted in its original form. It was changed later to IGN link. This video was released 23th Feb 2001.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

You're basically giving me your word to trust. In the "about" section of the site it doesn't say that R* owned or hosted the site. Without the original source you can't confirm anything.

I wasn't talking about III being delayed. Also, how do you know who answered the questions? They seemed to know stuff about Darkel for example, so why wouldn't they know about the video?

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Mar 4 2013, 11:16)
That proves exactly the contrary of what you said. If you want to talk about responsibility, the "hackers" are the ones to blame for enabling the minigame. You can't access these scenes in the original unmodified game.

The only part that could be considered a lie is the "initially denied allegations that the minigame was "hidden" in the video game" part. They have also exaggerated quite a bit but in the end they admitted the content was already in the game but not accessible without altering the game's code, which is true. They simply denied allegations for legal reasons, and a lot of people would do this.

It doesn't matter, I already proved my point, I'm satisfied.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

You've proved your point that R* are liars? I don't think so.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

You were acting as if Rockstar are saints and they never lie and their words are absolute. I proved you the contrary.

But if you still think like that, then I see no point in continuing to argue with you.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I wasn't. When you accuse someone like that you have to prove it.

I could call you a liar too, but no one will take me seriously if I don't support my claim with proof.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeedRulez @ Sunday, Mar 3 2013, 22:00)
Apart from the bus talk.

Rockstar lied about Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories being only and solely only PSP exclusives, and would never be ported to any other game platform ever. But they ended up being ported to the PS2 and are now on PlayStation Network too if I'm not mistaken.

They also said that Episodes from Liberty City would be Xbox360 exclusives, but they were ported to PS3 and PC a few weeks or so later.

Every GTA fan knows about these facts, but...

Well...
This is Off-Topic, but they released TLaD on PC and PS3 1 year and 2-3 Months later,
and they released TBoGT On PC and PS3 5-6 months later.
(And both Games were merged into Episodes from Liberty City, and the Merged game, EfLC was also made for XBOX 360)

And they never said it's an XBOX 360 exclusive.
Only exclusive thing was that they got it way, way earlier.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 00:21)
but they released TLaD on PC and PS3 1 year and 2-3 Months later,
and they released TBoGT On PC and PS3 5-6 months later.
(And both Games were merged into Episodes from Liberty City, and the Merged game, EfLC was also made for XBOX 360)

Hence the "few weeks or so".

QUOTE (lol232 @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 00:21)
And they never said it's an XBOX 360 exclusive.
Only exclusive thing was that they got it way, way earlier.

You know things.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM Edited by Filip454, 05 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

You're basically giving me your word to trust. In the "about" section of the site it doesn't say that R* owned or hosted the site. Without the original source you can't confirm anything.

My word to trust? Use google, stop acting like a newb.

"GOURANGA! (G!) is a GTA web site that covers the entire GTA series on all platforms. I originally opened G! in December of 1997 on my student account at the University of Missouri, Columbia. After gathering a rather large following, ASC Games offered to buy the site, host it, and give me a domain name. I joined up with ASC Games for awhile until it became obvious that they were only going to publish GTA, but not GTAUK, GTA2, etc. After thinking it over awhile I broke my ties to ASC Games and moved the site to my own space and to my own domain. I've been here since August of 1999 and hopefully I'll remain here for some time to come."
From the about section about ASC Games affilation.

About the hosting. Use your google and check out the proof for yourself.
Site is owned and hosted by R* now:
http://gouranga.com.w3snoop.com/

You're basically giving no proof in comparison to my posts. Please stop decreasing the quality of my posts, just because you need some proof. Google it. It was said almost 10 y. ago.

Lux, I know that nobody from DMA answered the question. It's simple - how they can't talk about something if they just don't "remember". It was person from technical support prob. Real developers should remember nearly 99% of the info. But they can't cause there are too much departments of Rockstar and the one who was answering these questions wasn't probably well-informed about the past because there were no DMA workers.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

OK. Then whoever answered those questions doesn't really know much. It kind of reminds me of how they named Claude by his full name Claude Speed in that Facebook app they made, but then they said "his last name may or may not be Speed".

Either way, I don't think they have any reason to lie to the fans about the beta. That's what I was getting at. You can't just call them liars just because you don't trust them.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 20:32)
Lux

lol.gif That's not my name\nickname or anything like that. It's just the Latin word for light, or the unit of measurement for illuminance and luminous emittance. I use it as my member title because it's a nice word and it can also have some special meanings.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

This artwork is drawn by Rockstar, right?

user posted image

It's written Claude's surname, Speed.

user posted image

Rockstar has told us his Surname may not ne Speed. How Claude's surname may not be Speed if they made that artwork by themselves?! ANOTHER LIE!

So don't trust everything what says Rockstar.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

2KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

No, that artwork is a remake (by OnePiece of GTAForums) of the one used in the Facebook app made by R*:

user posted image

I wouldn't say that's a lie, they were just being dubious for some reason. Maybe they accidentally released his full name in that app.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Sorry for LUX biggrin.gif
Anyway that's a nice word biggrin.gif

I wouldn't say that's a lie, they were just being dubious for some reason. Maybe they accidentally released his full name in that app.

Claude Speed came with GTA 2 first wink.gif

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 12:18)
Sorry for LUX biggrin.gif
Anyway that's a nice word biggrin.gif

Claude Speed came with GTA 2 first wink.gif

Claude Speed from GTA 2 and Claude Speed from GTA III aren't same person because those games are set in different eras.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm sure Claude speaks outside of GTA 3 and SA, because if he can't speak, He can't survive.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 19:11)
I'm sure Claude speaks outside of GTA 3 and SA, because if he can't speak, He can't survive.

Why can't he survive?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users