Quantcast

» «
Photo

Claude Speaks

170 replies to this topic

Poll: Is It Real That Claude Speaks in That Trailer? (66 member(s) have cast votes)

Is It Real That Claude Speaks in That Trailer?

1. Yes, it is (7 votes [11.67%])

Percentage of vote: 11.67%

2. Don't know (6 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. No, it isn't (43 votes [71.67%])

Percentage of vote: 71.67%

4. Doesn't matter/Other (4 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 PM Edited by PK_LT, 24 February 2013 - 12:33 PM.

Before you vote, watch this very early trailer of GTA III (if you haven't watched it before) . You've probably noticed where Claude steals the car, he says "Get out of the car!". In the normal game, he never speaks actually. Before you ask why did I make this poll, I made it because I've heard some players saying it's fake, others - it's real. So I thought why not to make a poll to decide an exact answer.

My vote is 'Don't know'.

gallardo555
  • gallardo555

IMAGINE Mods

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I think Rockstar used GTA2 sound banks as a placeholder back then. But it would be pretty good to see Claude talking.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by PK_LT, 16 March 2013 - 10:09 PM.

QUOTE (gallardo555 @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:20)
I think Rockstar used GTA2 sound banks as a placeholder back then. But it would be pretty good to see Claude talking.

Well, Claude can speak in the normal game too actually but he can say only one word "ugghhh" when he hurts something. If you don't believe me, watch this video. That's what I've noticed in the gameplay, you can be noticed it too.

gallardo555
  • gallardo555

IMAGINE Mods

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:24)

Well, Claude can speak in the normal game too actually but he can say only one word "ugghhh" when he hurts something. If you don't believe me, watch this video. That's what I've noticed in the gameplay, you can be noticed it too.

I know about the "uugghh", but I think it's the same sound that appeared in GTA 2. Also, it should not be proof about him speaking, because even if a man's mute, he's able to "say" that (in case he falls).

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by PK_LT, 16 March 2013 - 10:20 PM.

QUOTE (gallardo555 @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:35)
QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:24)

I know about the "uugghh", but I think it's the same sound that appeared in GTA 2. Also, it should not be proof about him speaking, because even if a man's mute, he's able to "say" that (in case he falls).

I already know it. But Rockstar has already confirmed that they had some trouble at that time to add him a voice, so they made him silent then. They didn't say anything that he's mute.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Here's R*'s say on that video:

QUOTE (Rockstar Games)
This is fake. This is an old bit of gameplay footage, for sure, but we think the voices were added at a later date by someone online as at no point did we plan for Claude to have a voice or even design how a speaking protagonist would be implemented until Vice City.

http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:40)
Here's R*'s say on that video:

QUOTE (Rockstar Games)
This is fake. This is an old bit of gameplay footage, for sure, but we think the voices were added at a later date by someone online as at no point did we plan for Claude to have a voice or even design how a speaking protagonist would be implemented until Vice City.

http://www.rockstarg...claude-dar.html

But you see, we can't trust Rockstar because sometimes they tell us lie.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

If you are talking about GTA V then that's a whole other thing. I'm pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose, things happen.

They tend to avoid saying too much at times but I think that answer in regards with the video is legit.
Why would they lie? Also, that voice sample is from GTA 2 and it belongs to an NPC if I'm not mistaken.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:55 PM Edited by PK_LT, 20 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:52)
If you are talking about GTA V then that's a whole other thing. I'm pretty sure they didn't do it on purpose, things happen.

They tend to avoid saying too much at times but I think that answer in regards with the video is legit.
Why would they lie? Also, that voice sample is from GTA 2 and it belongs to an NPC if I'm not mistaken.

Well, have you ever thought why Rockstar never tells us the reason why Darkel was removed from the game?

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by H.I.M., 20 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:55)

Well, have you ever think why Rockstar never tells us the reason why Darkel was removed from the game?

It was speculated to be due to the 9/11 attacks. His missions were of extreme violence too. It is rumored, that one of his missions was to blow up a bus full of school children.

Anyways, Claude is a mute..no doubt about that or me.

And that video is fake! tounge.gif
user posted image

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by PK_LT, 20 February 2013 - 05:05 PM.

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:00)

Well, have you ever thought why Rockstar never tells us the reason why Darkel was removed from the game?

It was speculated to be due to the 9/11 attacks. His missions were of extreme violence too. It is rumored, that one of his missions was to blow up a bus full of school children.

user posted image

Claude isn't a mute and I'm gonna explain it: If Claude's mute, he can't hear nothing too. However, he can hear what other person says using payphone during some missions. During Last Requests, Maria tells Claude that don't ask her why because she doesn't know. It means Claude had a chance to talk.

I hope now you understand.

And also I already told that we can't trust Rockstar because sometimes they tell us lie.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

IIRC Claude is called "man of few words" in game, which means he can, but he prefers not to speak. Maria on Chatterbox said that he doesn't talk much, which also proves fact that he can speak. R* simply had other things to do at that time, so they decided to not give him voice over.

Being mute doesn't imply being hearing impaired. You can be born perfectly healthy, learn how to talk and lose ability to speak somewhere in life (during some trauma, accident, illness, etc.)

gallardo555
  • gallardo555

IMAGINE Mods

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 17:06)
Claude isn't a mute and I'm gonna explain it: If Claude's mute, he can't hear nothing too. However, he can hear what other person says using payphone during some missions. During Last Requests, Maria tells Claude that don't ask her why because she doesn't know. It means Claude had a chance to talk.

And also I already told that we can't trust Rockstar because sometimes they tell us lie.

Uh, I think a person that's mute is able to listen, because they are two categories of these people - mute and deaf-mute. And because he's able to listen to radio and understand the voices, it means there are just two options:

1. He's mute, may lost his vocal cords during his (artifical) life
2. He's autistic.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

@gallardo He's neither. Here's a description of Claude made by Rockstar Games as part of their Facebook app:

user posted image

"Man of few words", "strong silent type" clearly indicate that he is not mute.

gallardo555
  • gallardo555

IMAGINE Mods

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 17:55)
@gallardo He's neither. Here's a description of Claude made by Rockstar Games as part of their Facebook app:

user posted image

"Man of few words", "strong silent type" clearly indicate that he is not mute.

Oh, okay then.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (gallardo555 @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:28)
QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 17:06)

Uh, I think a person that's mute is able to listen, because they are two categories of these people - mute and deaf-mute. And because he's able to listen to radio and understand the voices, it means there are just two options:

1. He's mute, may lost his vocal cords during his (artifical) life
2. He's autistic.

Yeah but why during Last Requests, Maria tells Claude that don't ask her why because she doesn't know? It still means Claude isn't a mute.

Radoonhagaydoon
  • Radoonhagaydoon

Ignorance lives everywhere.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

What's that facebook app? I want to try it. It's obviously not the IV one on some random website, that one sucks.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I thought it's Claude who says "Yeah, we got a good view from down here in the gardens. When the 'copter finally got taken out, better than the fireworks on the 4th of July." during The Exchange before Rockstar's confirmation.

QUOTE (Rockstar)
It is a witness in a news report who says that.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 20:12)
What's that facebook app? I want to try it. It's obviously not the IV one on some random website, that one sucks.

https://apps.faceboo...dtheftautoquiz/

Unfortunately it's not available anymore for some reason. It might come back though.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:06)

http://i.imgur.com/MQrC61f.png

Dude, a mute is someone who cannot talk not someone who can't hear.

And in that last request situation. It probably is just humor. We all know that Claude won't ask "Why?"

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 09:55)
QUOTE (PK_LT @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 16:06)

http://i.imgur.com/MQrC61f.png

Dude, a mute is someone who cannot talk not someone who can't hear.

And in that last request situation. It probably is just humor. We all know that Claude won't ask "Why?"

He's not a mute because Rockstar never mentioned anything that he's mute and also there are many proofs that he's not.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, I believe he is either a mute or a silent man...But that Last Request thing was just humor..

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Rockstar is lying. This trailer was prepared by Rockstar. Proof 1# - the voice talking in the trailer for example "my boy will string you up" is just Salvatore Leone from beta, not Claude. And next "get out of the car was sampled from GTA 2. Claude was just planned to be dubbed.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

How is that proof?

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by Filip454, 21 February 2013 - 01:00 PM.

Think. Use your head + gouranga.com. Why there is claude dubbing in credits? If it wasn't planned, it wouldn't be there.

Here's the proof of every single sound placed in the trailer. Rockstar used GTA 2 sounds in the game too - it was too much to say that the trailer is fake and wasn't made by Rockstar. Think - third parties couldn't use the old sounds cause they think that the sounds should be new in the trailer, It's another proof that it was made by Rockstar. It sounds crazy but it is real.
Sry that I post my video in every topic like this, but really - there is nothing special that we don't know about this trailer smile.gif
Rockstar is lying sometimes. They said there were no school buses, but there were and there is a big screenshot on gouranga with BIG f*ckING YELLOW BUS.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:44)
Rockstar is lying. This trailer was prepared by Rockstar. Proof 1# - the voice talking in the trailer for example "my boy will string you up" is just Salvatore Leone from beta, not Claude. And next "get out of the car was sampled from GTA 2. Claude was just planned to be dubbed.

The "Get out of the car" was not dubbed by Rockstar..They either made him mute or a strong silent type..

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

Sound comes from GTA 2 and there is noone who would place this in the trailer except Rockstar. BTW It was better to make him just silent, not mute because it was faster process.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

R* said they think someone else added the voice. The way they said that sounds as if they can't exactly remember, so they didn't actually lie. It's not the only video of GTA III that doesn't contain real ingame sounds. They used real sounds in a lot of other trailers that aren't in the final game.

That doesn't prove it was planned for Claude to have a voice actor.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 15:54)
They said there were no school buses, but there were and there is a big screenshot on gouranga with BIG f*ckING YELLOW BUS.

What exactly was their statement?

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

At the moment I can't give any links because it was in R* Q&A somewhere. Got no time for this, sorry.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:12 PM Edited by PK_LT, 21 February 2013 - 02:16 PM.

I agree with Filip454. Rockstar've told us that they don't know that Claude kills Maria or doesn't. How can they don't know it if they made the game by themselves?!

QUOTE (Rockstar)
We're not sure about this. Some think he did, and some think he didnít. Certainly in an original version of the script, Maria had a longer, really annoying speech, but then someone in the audio department wisely put an end to that. Quite what that means for Maria, who can say.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users