» «
Photo

how to fix this door problem?

18 replies to this topic
knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by knighty01, 19 February 2013 - 07:49 AM.

Hello, I am just creating a new car and I think I am having a problem with the dummies I am not exactly sure how to get this fixed so if you can please tell me how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

user posted image

EDIT: I also use 3ds max I prefer it way more then zmodeler so can you please explain it for 3ds max instead of zmodeler? Thanks!

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:59 AM

Oh and for I don't have to start a new topic there is also another problem I am having. the wheels are a little wobbly and I have messed with the dummies and the wheels and they still wobble.

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

DOOR PROBLEM
In Zmodeler :
- Display... > Local Axes... (check Keep Object and select Offset).
- Then click on " Reset to parent " under Local Axes.
- Click on the door (if dummy is set correctly.

If this not help you, take some screens.

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Tado Hamann @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 20:00)
DOOR PROBLEM
In Zmodeler :
- Display... > Local Axes... (check Keep Object and select Offset).
- Then click on " Reset to parent " under Local Axes.
- Click on the door (if dummy is set correctly.

If this not help you, take some screens.

I don't use zmodeler can't stand it. Can you please explain in 3ds max?

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Don't know if this will help but here's photo of the doors in 3ds max if you need any other kind of photo let me know!

user posted image

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

The door dummy isn't good located. (if marked dummy if door dummy).
>> Move (dummy only) to the door edge. (pic).
user posted image

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Ok if I do that then the door spawns up there. Trust me already tried that tounge.gif

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

No, door_xx_dummy must be placed in door edge, and door pivot must be in same position as dummy pivot.

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

ok that made the door spawn where I need it other then i need to do some small adjusting but the door opens really funny. Let me get a screen shot.

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

This is while the door is opening when it is closed it is almost right where I need it.
user posted image

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yes, problem is with pivots, you can fix it with ZModeler, using my guide which I posted before.

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Tado Hamann @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 11:32)
Yes, problem is with pivots, you can fix it with zmodeler, using my guide which I posted before.

I honestly suck with zmodeler and I don't have it anymore. I will just work with the pivots. Now there is another problem with the wheels they are a bit wobbly they stay where they need to but they wobble like axle of a car is broke. Do you by chance know how I would fix that?

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Everything you say are problems with pivots, wheel' pivots & dummies must be placed in center of wheel model.
Wheel's pivot must be in same position as dummy. (in center).

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

the wheel and the dummy pivots are center.

Tado Hamann
  • Tado Hamann

★ Support, Vehicles ★

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

There are differences between wheel and wheel's pivot.
I can't help you anymore wait for 3Ds Max guys.
You can fix it with few clicks using zmod ...

knighty01
  • knighty01

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by knighty01, 20 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Don't worry about it I got it working the pivots needed to be reset and everything I got the doors working just need to get the wheels to stop being wobbly and everything will be great! So go ahead and lock this topic guys!!

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

Don't worry about it I got it working the pivots needed to be reset and everything I got the doors working just need to get the wheels to stop being wobbly and everything will be great! So go ahead and lock this topic guys!!

Please can you tell me, what exactly you did? delink every part or what?? Please help, this pivot problem cut my release of a awsome car.

_F_
  • _F_

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Vehicle 2014 [GTAV Vehicles converted to San Andreas]

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Please can you tell me, what exactly you did? delink every part or what?? Please help, this pivot problem cut my release of a awsome car.

I'm pretty sure he is not going to reply on this more than a year old topic. Anyways:

Click on "Move and select" tool, then select the door, remember the coordinates. Then click on the door dummy (green square) Or just select it from hierachy list (H). Click on "Don't affect children" and write in the coordinates your remembered before

2m3ny1t.jpg

• MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'm pretty sure he is not going to reply on this more than a year old topic. Anyways:

Click on "Move and select" tool, then select the door, remember the coordinates. Then click on the door dummy (green square) Or just select it from hierachy list (H). Click on "Don't affect children" and write in the coordinates your remembered before

2m3ny1t.jpg

Thanks for that interessting reply, but when i try "Don't affect children" i see the same numbers. I select the move mode like your picture, and the "Don't affect children" is activaded, what i have to do next? Disable this Button? Did i have to do the same thing on the rotationmode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users