Photo

Official PS4 Topic

2,510 replies to this topic
Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

Man I'm excited for the release. I'm hoping to get it after christmas when I get paid.

• poklane likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

If anyone notices the red light on the PS4, it's because it's overheating due to the airflow being trapped in one place. This is one of the main issues occurring with many PS4 owners in North America as well as the HDMI issue.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I was thinking to myself about something yesterday; does anyone remember the custom faceplates that were available for the original Xbox 360? How long is it going to take until people that design custom controllers start designing custom hard drive covers for the PS4? It would be very easy to do and you could easily sell them, but I haven't seen any of them even discussing the potential for it.

I wish I had more talent, because this is the kind of thing that would be very easy to capitalize on.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I've really been very unimpressed with the PS4 line-up that I've seen. Apart from Deep Down and the new Ratchet and Clank, there's nothing that's even made me slightly interested.

What's got you lot so hyped?

I recently purchased a 3DS and would like to get a PS4, but I just have to see that it's got enough good titles to make it worthwhile. I won't lie, I have been massively disappointed with the PS3. I honestly think it's because of a greater shift towards FPS games and fewer platformers and beat 'em ups.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

1080p/60FPS!

But seriously though, every games which releases with a console launch always sucked/bombed hard. In fact, the last best launch game was Super Mario 64. You have to look into the first year "launch Window" rather than the first few months of the console.

And no, there are other games coming out too (FPS), like the order, infamous, uncharted, driveclub, and unannounced Sony Media molecule game, Santa Monica game and other sony 1st part studio's.

Sorry for my terrible English, I am going to kill myself now!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Also, considering that Activision have taken off CB from their development list, this means Sony might buy the franchise back and make Naughty Dog once again develop it for playstation. That would be another epic franchise coming to PS4. It's very, very popular. Launch games aren't really excellent, they are pretty good though.

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

I have come to the decision that I won't be purchasing a next generation console until late 2014 or early 2015. It just seems to me as if the consoles are more established at that point, with better versions available and a much, much better games library than it would have had, were I to have purchased it at launch.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

At the rate both consoles are going, it'll be best to wait for the slim line
  • CatDog96 likes this

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by rhyn, 23 November 2013 - 04:31 AM.

I was thinking to myself about something yesterday; does anyone remember the custom faceplates that were available for the original Xbox 360? How long is it going to take until people that design custom controllers start designing custom hard drive covers for the PS4? It would be very easy to do and you could easily sell them, but I haven't seen any of them even discussing the potential for it.

I wish I had more talent, because this is the kind of thing that would be very easy to capitalize on.

Yeah I was thinking that myself. Someone is gonna make a ton of money doing that. It's a massive area too in terms of total area of the console so there's potential for some really nice work to be done on them.

I have come to the decision that I won't be purchasing a next generation console until late 2014 or early 2015. It just seems to me as if the consoles are more established at that point, with better versions available and a much, much better games library than it would have had, were I to have purchased it at launch.

You do realise that if you buy it at launch you will still be able to play it in 2015 when those games come out right :p

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Yeah I was thinking that myself. Someone is gonna make a ton of money doing that. It's a massive area too in terms of total area of the console so there's potential for some really nice work to be done on them.

You do realise that if you buy it at launch you will still be able to play it in 2015 when those games come out right :p

Yeah and have a good load of problems at launch and have problems with games in 2015 and buying it for an expensive price. It's better to wait for the newer models or until it becomes cheap.

Flynny
  • Flynny

16 5 5

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Flynny, 23 November 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Yeah and have a good load of problems at launch and have problems with games in 2015 and buying it for an expensive price. It's better to wait for the newer models or until it becomes cheap.

Only a minority have problems, vast majority have no problems at all, on both consoles, but you are right about the price. Also by better versions might also mean models with 1 or 2 TB hard drives

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

If anyone notices the red light on the PS4, it's because it's overheating due to the airflow being trapped in one place. This is one of the main issues occurring with many PS4 owners in North America as well as the HDMI issue.

i've read this on other forums. Sony have done a Microsoft this time. They gone and put a smaller fan in the system. This will cause issues in the future, when people are playing more and longer. worst of all they in cased the entire heat sink in plastic. PS4 will have terrible heating issues by the looks of it [and sounds of it]

PS4:

3RZ3lkB.jpg

Xbox one fan:

iPhTQgAhk1rjU.jpg

Cyberzone2
  • Cyberzone2

Zee's assistant and Resident Troll

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

Blue screen of death was due to HDMI issue.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:53 AM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 23 November 2013 - 11:58 AM.

So the Xbox Have :

* Green Screen Of Death

* Bugs of Death

Playstation Have :

* Blue Screen Of Death 

* Red Light Of Death 

, now the real problems are all , lol but why are you creating those names people ?? did you all miss the YLOD and RROD that much , just please be innovative and create new names !!!

In my opinion :

* Green Dawn 

* Buggers Down Rise

* Blue Insanity of Death

* Redeath 

Extra :

* Tray Bomb (Xbox special)

* Death From Blue (PS4 special)

See I'm being innovative here .

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 23 November 2013 - 12:19 PM.

i've read this on other forums. Sony have done a Microsoft this time. They gone and put a smaller fan in the system. This will cause issues in the future, when people are playing more and longer. worst of all they in cased the entire heat sink in plastic. PS4 will have terrible heating issues by the looks of it [and sounds of it]

PS4:

3RZ3lkB.jpg

Xbox one fan:

iPhTQgAhk1rjU.jpg
FYI, PS4 has a large number of "individual" fans compared to Xbone. It is actually produces more RPM (Revolutions per Minute) than Xbone.

And no, most "Reputed" tech sites doesn't mention any of what you mentioned.

So GTFO with your bullsh*t.
  • F4L?, Lochie and Flynny like this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

PS4:

3RZ3lkB.jpg

Xbox one fan:

iPhTQgAhk1rjU.jpg
FYI, PS4 has a large number of "individual" fans compared to Xbone. It is actually produces more RPM (Revolutions per Minute) than Xbone.

Also note all the ventilation on the PS4, the whole back end is a vent.

• Lochie and Flynny like this

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

And the PS4 is significantly smaller than the Xbox One, it'd be stupid to waste more case space by using a larger fan that you clearly don't need.

• Flynny likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

All that empty space in the Xbox One, no airflow.
  • Flynny likes this

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:50 PM Edited by Pat, 23 November 2013 - 08:51 PM.

All that empty space in the Xbox One, no airflow.

Exactly this. Do people think that the hot air that builds up in that empty space is just going to magically disappear? Are they just ignoring the second half of the term "airflow?"

The plastic piece on top of the PS4's heatsink is designed to direct the air current towards the vents in the back, expelling the hot air out of the console.

• Flynny likes this

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:47 AM

QBz3X7p.gif

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Have you noticed that Ps4 and X1 are like cats and dogs!?!

-PS4 is like a dog: a noble and intelligent creature, that is also man's best friend!

-X1 is like a cat: disgusting, smelly and stupid creature that never does as you want!

Burn!

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

-PS4 is like a dog: a noble and intelligent creature, that is also man's best friend!

-X1 is like a cat: disgusting, smelly and stupid creature that never does as you want!

Burn!

Despite me slightly agreeing with your points, your analogies are terrible.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

That's more accurate:

PS4 is like a rapist: prepare your body.

X1 is like your mom: it sucks.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Not funny. Damn.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by TheBlackPeterParker., 25 November 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Burn!

f*ck you. I love cats. Cats are the sh*t.  :sneaky:

• CatDog96 likes this

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well, apparently Europeans are getting "Made in Japan" consoles instead of "(somewhat)made in china". :)

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Well, apparently Europeans are getting "Made in Japan" consoles instead of "(somewhat)made in china". :)

I'd say that's pretty fair considering they're paying about $130 or $140 USD more based on currency exchange rates. You get what you pay for.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Good news then. Made in Japan means that we get better quality builds of the PS4, therefore there might not even be any problems with them.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Can anybody recommend some good confirmed PS4 games to look forward to? My only requirements are:

-No FPS games please.

-No fantasy/Sci-Fi crap thanks.

The only title I'm partially interested in atm is Watch_Dogs. Cheers.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

^

inFamous: Second Son

The new Uncharted (which isn't going to be 4)

Gran Turismo 7 (just got announced recently)

and so on. But there are good FPS games coming out like Destiny which you might have to see. It's open world too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users