Official PS4 Topic

3,287 replies to this topic
DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 01:43)
QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 01:22)
I got a feeling that the PS4 not being like the XBONE was a last minute decision.

How would that even be possible considering Sony unveiled the PS4 2/3 months before the Xbone?

They announced games and the console, not how it works.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 13:33)
I got a feeling that the PS4 not being like the XBONE was a last minute decision.

How would that even be possible considering Sony unveiled the PS4 2/3 months before the Xbone?

Lol, silly Fanboy

They announced the Games, Controller and the HARDWARE SPECS , which means they did announced how it works, DRM crap was Microsoft idea

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 02:56)

Lol, silly Fanboy

They announced the Games, Controller and the HARDWARE SPECS , which means they did announced how it works, DRM crap was Microsoft idea

How am I fanboy when I've clearly said various times that I plan on getting both consoles? Get your head out of your ass man, you're the last person here that should be calling someone a fanboy.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 02:33)

They were pretty consistent in playing down the rumors of DRM long before E3. Nothing equivalent to the Xbone's online capabilities was ever hinted at by Sony and none of the major gaming sites picked up anything concrete (considering they had been reporting accurate details on the next gen consoles for months prior to their reveal).

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by billy james, 23 August 2013 - 03:54 AM.

QUOTE (Erebos @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 14:09)
QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 02:56)

Lol, silly Fanboy

How am I fanboy when I've clearly said various times that I plan on getting both consoles? Get your head out of your ass man, you're the last person here that should be calling someone a fanboy.

I am no Fanboy, just because I think TLoU will be better than GTA V don't make me one

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 14:12)

They were pretty consistent in playing down the rumors of DRM long before E3. Nothing equivalent to the Xbone's online capabilities was ever hinted at by Sony and none of the major gaming sites picked up anything concrete (considering they had been reporting accurate details on the next gen consoles for months prior to their reveal).

And fact of the matter is that Sony didn't say anything about it, but Microsoft did, so it's totally confirmed Microsoft did try screw everyone over, it's not confirmed Sony did so Microsoft is more likely the bad guy.

Plus we've been over this:
-PS 4 is cheaper
-More powerful
And If ps3 is anything to go by it's likely to be more robust
-less prone to failure
-quieter.
As for exclusives, that's subjective, we could argue all day about whether oranges taste better than Apples.
So even if it did turn out Sony was the bad guy, in my opinion, Sony still is the better choice. Although Microsoft will probably secure more exclusive content for multi platform games and it has TV features that won't work in my country, but I don't really care much about those things, and so it seems many others don't either.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

People seem to forget that Sony said the PS4 can be used like an old-school console, after the first reveal and before the E3 event.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

Surely there will be an option to make it so that your friends can't view your gameplay live from their console, right..?

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 13:57)
Surely there will be an option to make it so that your friends can't view your gameplay live from their console, right..?

It's a feature. And I doubt friends would be able to just click a button and begin spectating without the original player granting them access.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game-sharing works. Backseat gaming to a whole new level. Seems cool.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 14:01)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 13:57)

It's a feature. And I doubt friends would be able to just click a button and begin spectating without the original player granting them access.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game-sharing works. Backseat gaming to a whole new level. Seems cool.

I guess. Just imagine the awkwardness when you decide to view your friend playing GTA V to see him walking into a strip club and paying for a lap dance confused.gif

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 06:35)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 14:12)

And fact of the matter is that Sony didn't say anything about it, but Microsoft did, so it's totally confirmed Microsoft did try screw everyone over, it's not confirmed Sony did so Microsoft is more likely the bad guy.

Plus we've been over this:
-PS 4 is cheaper
-More powerful
And If ps3 is anything to go by it's likely to be more robust
-less prone to failure
-quieter.
As for exclusives, that's subjective, we could argue all day about whether oranges taste better than Apples.
So even if it did turn out Sony was the bad guy, in my opinion, Sony still is the better choice. Although Microsoft will probably secure more exclusive content for multi platform games and it has TV features that won't work in my country, but I don't really care much about those things, and so it seems many others don't either.

I was actually kind of excited for the TV features that Microsoft showcased. The basketball and everything had my attention until I found out it only works if you live in America, as is the case with many other features. Might as well have called it the AmericaBox and told everyone else to suck it.
What's the point in owning a console where you can't use half the features as they're intended.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

Iwas actually kind of excited for the TV features that Microsoft showcased. The basketball and everything had my attention until I found out it only works if you live in America, as is the case with many other features. Might as well have called it the AmericaBox and told everyone else to suck it. What's the point in owning a console where you can't use half the features as they're intended.

Yeah I would use them too,I was looking forward to that stuffwith these consoles, but yeah, only works in America. I'm sure they'll expand it a little bit, but I'd think outsidE the USA the offerings from Sony will be much the same.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Aug 23 2013, 22:09)
Iwas actually kind of excited for the TV features that Microsoft showcased. The basketball and everything had my attention until I found out it only works if you live in America, as is the case with many other features. Might as well have called it the AmericaBox and told everyone else to suck it. What's the point in owning a console where you can't use half the features as they're intended.

Yeah I would use them too,I was looking forward to that stuffwith these consoles, but yeah, only works in America. I'm sure they'll expand it a little bit, but I'd think outsidE the USA the offerings from Sony will be much the same.

I'm sure it will be exactly the same on the Playstation, you're quite right. However, the PS4 isn't marketing it's tv capabilities as it's main features so I'm not nearly as disappointed. I will eventually get the Xbone but the sense of urgency isn't there at all as I would not intend for it to be my primary gaming console.

SparkleCalibreDF
  • SparkleCalibreDF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

NextGen = big stinking pile of sh*t lies, 30fps', subHD etc etc.
http://www.cinemable...-PCs-58529.html

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Kind of sad how people expect these consoles to be super machines...

SparkleCalibreDF
  • SparkleCalibreDF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

You know it's year 2013, right? And the consoles still not able to run games at least at 60 fps. Just look at new consoles specs, cpu is some dumbed down 8(?)core 1.8(!) GHz version of PhenomII. Without CPU horsepower you can forget about games with extensive AI or interactive dynamic environment with lots of elements. "Moar cores" just dont make any difference, it's pain in the *** to make properly multithreaded code.

eerik
  • eerik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 06:17)
Maybe this would have been true in like 2004. Fact of the matter is, Sony hardly owns Blu Ray anymore, they never really did, it was a joint venture and by the time the ps3 had released there was already 10-20 companies licensed to sell.Bluray drives. Now there is a few hundred I think.

Manufacturing hardware is not how Sony makes money off Blu-ray technology. They own patents and get paid licensing fees.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 25 August 2013 - 10:14 PM.

QUOTE (SparkleCalibreDF @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 12:28)
NextGen = big stinking pile of sh*t lies, 30fps', subHD etc etc.
http://www.cinemable...-PCs-58529.html

The same happened at E3 with one Xbox One kiosk. But Microsoft had nothing to do with it. The guys demoing their game decided to use the PC because the console version wasn't ready yet. In this case, one of the games was made by EA. EA probably just wanted to show off the graphically superior version. It probably had nothing to do with Sony.

Whiskey
  • Whiskey

Homie

• The Connection

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

They were probably running them on PC devkits for debugging purposes.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (SparkleCalibreDF @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 13:27)
You know it's year 2013, right? And the consoles still not able to run games at least at 60 fps. Just look at new consoles specs, cpu is some dumbed down 8(?)core 1.8(!) GHz version of PhenomII. Without CPU horsepower you can forget about games with extensive AI or interactive dynamic environment with lots of elements. "Moar cores" just dont make any difference, it's pain in the *** to make properly multithreaded code.

Seems like you're stuck in the past with your thinking that faster clockspeeds are important. It's the architecture that makes something powerful, we're not in the Pentium 4 era anymore, where they tried to push the clockspeeds to a maximum to speed up the processor, simply because the architecture was extremely old. Nowadays a 1.8GHz processor is still a hundred times faster than an old, higher clocked CPU.

Quite funny that you also mention it's the year 2013, means that it's time for you to update your knowledge a little.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

To everyone that has a PS3, what are your plans for it once you get your PS4? Are you going to abandon it ASAP and lock it in the basement, or sell it? Or are you going to keep it nearby, and visit some classic PS3 games every once in a while?

Personally I'm trying to abandon my PS3 ASAP. I want to fully embrace the new generation. I will still keep it nearby, though, in case I want to revisit some old games.

Johan
  • Johan

He wont see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:23)
To everyone that has a PS3, what are your plans for it once you get your PS4? Are you going to abandon it ASAP and lock it in the basement, or sell it? Or are you going to keep it nearby, and visit some classic PS3 games every once in a while?

Personally I'm trying to abandon my PS3 ASAP. I want to fully embrace the new generation. I will still keep it nearby, though, in case I want to revisit some old games.

There's still future games on the PS3, I have 2 HDMI cables so I will definitely keep my PS3 under my PS4 plugged into my TV

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:36)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 18:23)

There's still future games on the PS3, I have 2 HDMI cables so I will definitely keep my PS3 under my PS4 plugged into my TV

That's true (right now at least), but I don't think the PS3 has much of a future after 2013.

What PS3 games are you looking forward to? I'm excited for
-R&C Into the Nexus
-LittleBigHub

Of course I'm excited for GTAV, but it will undoubtedly release on PS4 next year so I'm not worried.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:45)
What PS3 games are you looking forward to? I'm excited for
-R&C Into the Nexus
-LittleBigHub

Of course I'm excited for GTAV, but it will undoubtedly release on PS4 next year so I'm not worried.

The Puppeteer looks fantastic.

I'm also hoping Beyond: Two Souls will be good. Heavy Rain had a great set-up, but the terrible writing and acting made it a huge disappointment for me. The Tribeca gameplay footage of Ellen Page as a homeless person was excellent, but the game could easily move too slow or too fast.

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 22:23)

Im going to keep it right next to my PS4.I see no reason to dump it anytime soon anyway because I have so many great games for it.Plus some of my friends are going to wait a bit to pick up a PS4, so I want to be ableto still play online with them and all that jazz.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

I still play from time to time on my PS2, so when I get next gen I won't be dropping neither of the old consoles. They're not taking that much space to hide them in the closet.

My friend did something like this, as he sold his PS2 and bought PS3. Soon after that, he started regretting this and had to rebuy PS2 again.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:54 PM

I still have all my PlayStations. The 1 isn't even plugged in, nowadays, but I still keep it dearly. The 2 still sees some action from time to time.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Luckily I think I'll have just enough HDMI inputs and outputs to keep both my PS3 and a PS4
(when I get one eventually) hooked up simultaneously.

My PS3 is only going to be used for like 2 or 3 games. GTA V, TLOU and maybe CoD (To play with some
friends).

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Here's a good PS4 TV commercial!

You might be thinking "GTAvanja you silly goose, that's an ad for Xbox One."

Is it though? Because it makes me wanna buy a PS4.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

It´shappening.gif; PS4 offcially enters mass production.

pPlIen5.jpg

p0BkvHP.jpg

From a9vg.com via Neogaf.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/...568960-1-1.html

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=671749

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users