Photo

Official PS4 Topic

3,205 replies to this topic
xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Friday, Jul 12 2013, 09:37)
user posted image

Plastic Wrapped PS4 sheet

Here, I resized it for you.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Dont know if the answer is out there yet or if anyone knows.

I have a couple of portable 500GB drives that I connect the USB (both PS standard FAT32) anyone know if these would work on the PS4? If not Ill have to delete all my vids and re-format.
  • IHATESPAMMERS likes this

Rewas514
  • Rewas514

Derp

• The Yardies
  • Lithuania
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Well, I knew most of those, but I am glad to see that the touchpad can indeed be used to make typing a lot easier/faster than with analogue sticks!

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

I keep telling myself I'll hold off until spring 2014 to get the PS4 but then
I just have this feeling I'll cave and buy it in December lol.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Honestly I think the biggest factor in when I'll buy a PS4 lies in how long V keeps me entertained.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Anyone know if the PS4 will block HDMI recording again?

Going to get it irregardless. Just don't know whether or not I should get the PS3 or PS4 version of Watch Dogs just in case that changes. Planning to Day One LP the game, hoping to get the better output.

Booze
  • Booze

Backlashing with a bullet full of love

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

My guess is both the new consoles will block HDMI recording, which is probably the reason why they both have on-board h.264 encoders. That way, players can still record their gameplay to some extent (although severely limited). It might have to do with the Blu-ray drives, which might require HDCP to be active at all times, but don't quote me on that. It looks like the only way to record 1080p gameplay with your own capture card (over HDMI) is going to require a device that strips HDCP.
Supposedly Sony removed component output from the PS4, so capturing from that signal is out of the question as well (and that would've been 1080i at max anyway).

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by finn4life, 13 July 2013 - 10:42 AM.

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 02:25)

I have a couple of portable 500GB drives that I connect the USB (both PS standard FAT32) anyone know if these would work on the PS4? If not Ill have to delete all my vids and re-format.

I don't think anyone knows yet, personally I think they'll upgrade to NTFS, don't do anything rash though.
About HDMI recording, hmm, well how are they going to get around that? Downscaling quality when you record from it?

Also on the back of the PS4, what is the "AUX" port, it doesn't look like an auxilary plug.
user posted image

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 06:39)

I don't think anyone knows yet, personally I think they'll upgrade to NTFS, don't do anything rash though.
About HDMI recording, hmm, well how are they going to get around that? Downscaling quality when you record from it?

Also on the back of the PS4, what is the "AUX" port, it doesn't look like an auxilary plug.
user posted image

I guess It'll be for the PS Camera.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:39)

Who do you mean by "they"? I assume the capture card manufacturers? They technically could make cards that bypass hdcp, but there's the legal issue. If they did that, there's no way of knowing if gamers are capturing games or Blu-ray movies, so I don't think they'd get permission. With hdcp, you can still get a sub-HD signal, but that's not what you want. I guess the best solution would be to stream your gameplay and record that. It'll be low bitrate and there's no word yet on the max recordable/streamable resolution (it could be 720p for all we know).

Here's an article on why the next-gens probably won't have an analog output.

I know it sucks. It seems like a resourceful select few (gameplay capturers) are going to find ways around the hdcp, the rest will have to depend on the on-board capture features and hope for future developments (like a drive-less model maybe?).

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Distrom @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 22:37)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 06:39)

[IMG#]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh97/finn4life/PS4-Close-Up.jpg[/IMG]

I guess It'll be for the PS Camera.

Yeah I know that but is that kind of plug a standardized plug? Or just a PS4 thing and Auxiliary stands for the literal meaning of support via an accessory (Be it a human or an eye toy).

At.Booze T, by they I meant grumpy youtubers who rely on game recording, I doubt playstation wants to stunt them, because a lot of games only become popular due to YouTube.

I'm going to how for youtubers sake the streaming feature is going to have an audio record option as well for a commentary. Even with that they're going to be lacking the ability to use various editing programs on the PC, unless they record from PC.

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well like I said, there's the option of streaming to a site (in the PS4's case Ustream), archiving that stream and then ripping (downloading) it. They can then import that file into their editing software of choice. I'm guessing that yes, the streaming service of the PS4 will allow you to embed a voice track, but that won't be necessary with the solution I just mentioned.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 20:57)
Well like I said, there's the option of streaming to a site (in the PS4's case Ustream), archiving that stream and then ripping (downloading) it. They can then import that file into their editing software of choice. I'm guessing that yes, the streaming service of the PS4 will allow you to embed a voice track, but that won't be necessary with the solution I just mentioned.

You only mentioned streaming not streaming to any specific site hence me asking. I assumed you meant to some Sony hosted PSN video sharing site or straight to Youtube. Also don't you lose a good chunk of quality when you redownload a video that's hosted somewhere such as youtube?

Booze
  • Booze

• Angels of Death MC
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

Sorry, I thought the only streaming service on the PS4 that we know about was the Ustream one. I'm not aware of anything else (apart from streaming your gameplay to another console, but that obviously wouldn't solve anything).
No, when it's up on a site like YouTube/Ustream/Twitch, the quality is pretty crappy already, you just rip that file off it byte by byte. You can then edit that file natively if your PC is fast enough (meaning: no conversions when bringing it inside the editing software), but after that, you'll have to export it in a YouTube-compliant format, then YouTube will transcode it again, bringing the quality down even more.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Booze T @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 14:27)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Saturday, Jul 13 2013, 12:39)

Who do you mean by "they"? I assume the capture card manufacturers? They technically could make cards that bypass hdcp, but there's the legal issue. If they did that, there's no way of knowing if gamers are capturing games or Blu-ray movies, so I don't think they'd get permission. With hdcp, you can still get a sub-HD signal, but that's not what you want. I guess the best solution would be to stream your gameplay and record that. It'll be low bitrate and there's no word yet on the max recordable/streamable resolution (it could be 720p for all we know).

Here's an article on why the next-gens probably won't have an analog output.

I know it sucks. It seems like a resourceful select few (gameplay capturers) are going to find ways around the hdcp, the rest will have to depend on the on-board capture features and hope for future developments (like a drive-less model maybe?).

I'm hoping to still make videos with my capture card next gen, rather than relying on the share feature. 15 minute clips is not enough sometimes. My card manufacturer is still in the dark as to whether the device will work next gen

At this time, we do not know if or how Elgato Game Capture HD will work with the HDMI output of Next Generation consoles.

If their output is encrypted with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), then Elgato Game Capture HD will not be able to capture that content via HDMI.

If their output is not encrypted, then Elgato Game Capture HD should be able to capture content, much like it does with the Xbox 360.

We can make educated guesses about what might happen with Next Generation consoles, but we will not fully know how their video output will work until they are actually released and available in stores.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have a question about the PlayStation 4, but everybody is always an asshole to me because they think I'm stupid. I'm getting a PlayStation 4 the day it comes out, and there are a few launch games I want to pre order for their special bonuses. the thing is though, my entire ps4 game collection is going to be digital - so how can I preorder the digital version of these launch titles? I emailed to Sony but theyre not replying.

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 14:30)
I have a question about the PlayStation 4, but everybody is always an asshole to me because they think I'm stupid. I'm getting a PlayStation 4 the day it comes out, and there are a few launch games I want to pre order for their special bonuses. the thing is though, my entire ps4 game collection is going to be digital - so how can I preorder the digital version of these launch titles? I emailed to Sony but theyre not replying.

I have to assume that there's just no way to pre-order any digital PS4 launch titles

You need to have the PS4 to buy and pre-order digital format games, but you can't pre order them digitally as they'll be out by the time you have the PS4.

Obviously you'll be able to pre-oder digital versions of later games, but maybe you'll just have to pre-order a physical coppy (just this once) for the launch titles just to get the bonuses, ot forgo them and buy them on day one digitally.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 10:43)

I have to assume that there's just no way to pre-order any digital PS4 launch titles

You need to have the PS4 to buy and pre-order digital format games, but you can't pre order them digitally as they'll be out by the time you have the PS4.

Obviously you'll be able to pre-oder digital versions of later games, but maybe you'll just have to pre-order a physical coppy (just this once) for the launch titles just to get the bonuses, ot forgo them and buy them on day one digitally.

Thanks for the response icon14.gif its a difficult decision because my friend & I are sharing download lists to get free games off each other (were both buying strictly dititally). The more I pay, the more I reap.

But damn... I want the BF4 DLC, WD cars, etc...

I heard about the PS Store being available via computer. Maybe I can pre order through there?

reform
  • reform

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 15:15)

Thanks for the response icon14.gif its a difficult decision because my friend & I are sharing download lists to get free games off each other (were both buying strictly dititally). The more I pay, the more I reap.

I heard about the PS Store being available via computer. Maybe I can pre order through there?

It's possible, but they must be leaving it a bit late, as they don't seem to even have a PS4 games section yet.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 10:15)
QUOTE (reform @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 10:43)

Maybe a dumb question, buy why would you want to preorder a digital game?

I can see why you would want to for a physical game, incase the store ran out of copies, but it all goes live day one for digital copies...it's not like you're getting it earlier or anything.

Anyways what would be a good day one game, nothing is really standing out for me right now.

EDIT: doh learn to read special bonuses my bad

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Ican see why you would want to for a physical game, incase the store ranout of copies, but it all goes live day one for digital copies...it's not like you're getting it earlier or anything.

He did mention why, it's just forpreorder DLC bonuses.

@gionacasm. Just be aware digital copies are going to cost 10-25 dollars more if you're purchasing from EA or Ubisoft.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 19:19)
I've seen that the PS Online seems to show your real name, can you change that? Surely we can carry on with our PS3 names and have that displayed online rather than our actual names?

Probably stupid question sorry

'Which means real photos of players and real names shown above characters in multiplayer sessions. However, your current PSN avatar and user name will still exist and you'll have control over who gets to see your real details. Players can also immediately join a friend's multiplayer session from the PS4 main menu.'

http://m.guardian.co...laystation-sony

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 18:05)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Thursday, Jul 11 2013, 19:19)
I've seen that the PS Online seems to show your real name, can you change that? Surely we can carry on with our PS3 names and have that displayed online rather than our actual names?

Probably stupid question sorry

'Which means real photos of players and real names shown above characters in multiplayer sessions. However, your current PSN avatar and user name will still exist and you'll have control over who gets to see your real details. Players can also immediately join a friend's multiplayer session from the PS4 main menu.'

http://m.guardian.co...laystation-sony

PSO sounds like Playstation facebook
not a bad idea since i dont want gaming updates on my real facebook

I wonder, will we have to keep out PSN names from ps3 or can we change the names while keeping trophies and sh*t

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

^I would say we keep out PSN names, but perhaps they have a purchase name change option with a limit to how many times yearly you can do it.

I hate when people change username though...or steal other peoples *Cough 12 year old Xbox Live players cough*

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 14 2013, 19:44)

Ican see why you would want to for a physical game, incase the store ranout of copies, but it all goes live day one for digital copies...it's not like you're getting it earlier or anything.

He did mention why, it's just forpreorder DLC bonuses.

@gionacasm. Just be aware digital copies are going to cost 10-25 dollars more if you're purchasing from EA or Ubisoft.

Has this been confirmed? dontgetit.gif

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

they better reset all unused accounts.. its impossible to me to create an account cause every f*ckijn name is in use... no matter how rare it actually is...

thats the f*ckin problem with free online play.. everyone makes like 5 accounts...

Hiphiphorhay
  • Hiphiphorhay

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

im probably buying the ps4 when it comes out. but is it worth buying since everyone says there will be bugs and whatnot that theyll fix by the time the 2nd set of ps4s come? i kind of think it isnt but im not very patient so im probably not going to wait.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Hiphiphorhay @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 06:30)
im probably buying the ps4 when it comes out. but is it worth buying since everyone says there will be bugs and whatnot that theyll fix by the time the 2nd set of ps4s come? i kind of think it isnt but im not very patient so im probably not going to wait.

It'll be a few years before they bring out a new model I reckon, so it's up to you if you want to wait that long.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users