Official PS4 Topic

2,926 replies to this topic
Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:07)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:31)
So I put down $50 on my PS4 and my dad is going to put down the rest as my birthday + christmas present (early). However, he's been quite reluctant recently. We passed EB Games today and when I suggested we pay it off now to get it over with, my dad started asking "What do you gain from buying it now? What if EB Games closes down with our money deposited?"

He knows next to nothing about the gaming industry... There's no way our EB Games will close down especially under these next-gen circumstances. There'd be riots.

How can I convince my dad to put the money down ASAP? And that EB Games will not close down before the PS4 launches?

You must learn the Economic system, gather Intel and data on Eb games and various other similar outlets, study the stock markets Past and present. Then once you have enough information provide a detailed powerpoint presentation with all stats, figures and future predictions, use lots of graphs so it looks bisnessy, then perhaps he will consider it.

I can't tell if you're being condescending or not, but I just may try it. Seriously! smile.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

I don't know why but I feel Sony will delay the PS4 , the reason is that DRM wasn't planed but it maybe was planed so they'll have to take that out

twinkiller
  • twinkiller

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 02:47)
I don't know why but I feel Sony will delay the PS4 , the reason is that DRM wasn't planed but it maybe was planed so they'll have to take that out

I wouldn't worry about a delay man.I highly doubt sony wants to release their console after microsoft again.And plus, they seem pretty focused on messaging and other things related to the console, so I wouldnt worry about that.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:48 AM

I don't know why but I also feel Microsoft will delay the Xbox , the reason is that DRM was planed but because of the criticisms, they'll have to take that out monocle.gif

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:48)

I don't know why but I also feel Microsoft will delay the Xbox , the reason is that DRM was planed but because of the criticisms, they'll have to take that out monocle.gif

You'll have to connect the Xbox One to the internet one time to take out the DRM , what I feel is that Sony won't have this have to be connected one time thing so they'll have to take it out physically

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:20 AM

I doubt Sony ever had DRM in place for the PS4. After the first reveal and before the E3 presentation they said the PS4 could be used like an old-school system.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 13:33)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 19:07)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:31)
So I put down $50 on my PS4 and my dad is going to put down the rest as my birthday + christmas present (early). However, he's been quite reluctant recently. We passed EB Games today and when I suggested we pay it off now to get it over with, my dad started asking "What do you gain from buying it now? What if EB Games closes down with our money deposited?"

He knows next to nothing about the gaming industry... There's no way our EB Games will close down especially under these next-gen circumstances. There'd be riots.

How can I convince my dad to put the money down ASAP? And that EB Games will not close down before the PS4 launches?

You must learn the Economic system, gather Intel and data on Eb games and various other similar outlets, study the stock markets Past and present. Then once you have enough information provide a detailed powerpoint presentation with all stats, figures and future predictions, use lots of graphs so it looks bisnessy, then perhaps he will consider it.

I can't tell if you're being condescending or not, but I just may try it. Seriously! smile.gif

How could that possibly be condescending, it was obviously a joke, yes, but condescending towards you? Not in the slightest.

@Ibrahim, the PS4 never had drm to begin with, so why do they need to remove it? Stop spreading misinformation.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:49)
QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:23)
Will the PS4 have avatars like on the Xbox 360?

Will it? That would kind of be sticking in the fork in Microsoft... Xbox players would feel right at home with the PS4.

Oh god I hope not.

The seriously lame thing about the avatars is that Microsoft FORCED everyone to have one, you couldn't opt out or just use a shadowed out character. Just like they force everything else on you. So over time though I never wanted to be a part of it, I was forced to stare at this little sh*t of a character always f*cking waving at me.

Enough was enough. I had to go buy a decent outfit so I didn't at least look like a retard dancing around on my dashboard. I did it just to cover something up. Paying for a sheet to put over a god awful painting someone gave you.

What is funny though is that no doubt with Xbox One, Microsoft can either totally forget about avatars and remove them, thus losing ALL the worthless sh*te you have bought and unlocked for them. Or still continue to use them but make up some bullsh*t about the purchases don't carry over and you would have to restock your avatar yet again.

f*cking pisstake.

All I wanted was a fixed statue that had no homosexual animations that just stood there and looked cool with an accurately proportional head to body ratio.

Either that or just be a floating orb, but nope, have to use the sh*tty little f*cks.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Xbox One isn't even out yet confused.gif

They could take it out NOW. But it's highly likely the idiots are going to release a patch 6 months-1 year later that will re-introduce the anti-consumer features again. If I was you, i would never trust them again.

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:53)

You'll have to connect the Xbox One to the internet one time to take out the DRM , what I feel is that Sony won't have this have to be connected one time thing so they'll have to take it out physically

Fact is......PS4 doesn't have DRM integrated to their systems to begin with. I know we can't change your opinion, but you can continue your support for Microsoft's xbox.

eerik
  • eerik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Please go away and take your uneducated guesses with you. This isn't a right place for speculation based on your asshole.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

user posted image

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:01)
user posted image

Damn, that looks interesting.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:01)
user posted image

Don't know what the hell I'm looking at, but as Zancudo said, it sure is interesting. monocle.gif

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

It's Pong V!!!

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:58)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:49)
QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:23)
Will the PS4 have avatars like on the Xbox 360?

Will it? That would kind of be sticking in the fork in Microsoft... Xbox players would feel right at home with the PS4.

Oh god I hope not.

The seriously lame thing about the avatars is that Microsoft FORCED everyone to have one, you couldn't opt out or just use a shadowed out character. Just like they force everything else on you. So over time though I never wanted to be a part of it, I was forced to stare at this little sh*t of a character always f*cking waving at me.

Enough was enough. I had to go buy a decent outfit so I didn't at least look like a retard dancing around on my dashboard. I did it just to cover something up. Paying for a sheet to put over a god awful painting someone gave you.

What is funny though is that no doubt with Xbox One, Microsoft can either totally forget about avatars and remove them, thus losing ALL the worthless sh*te you have bought and unlocked for them. Or still continue to use them but make up some bullsh*t about the purchases don't carry over and you would have to restock your avatar yet again.

f*cking pisstake.

All I wanted was a fixed statue that had no homosexual animations that just stood there and looked cool with an accurately proportional head to body ratio.

Either that or just be a floating orb, but nope, have to use the sh*tty little f*cks.

As Vlad would say, "Boo f*cking hoo"

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (eerik @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 12:06)

Please go away and take your uneducated guesses with you. This isn't a right place for speculation based on your asshole.

Why did you get butthurt ? I was just guessing and not saying it's a fact

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:08)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:53)

Fact is......PS4 doesn't have DRM integrated to their systems to begin with. I know we can't change your opinion, but you can continue your support for Microsoft's xbox.

I'm saying that from the answer that the CEO said to IGN, they did have to see what Microsoft is doing so they did the opposite and that is announcing no more Always online and they are supporting games but yet they didn't announce the release date so that makes me a little worried about a delay

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I heard about that too, I heard Sony's decision to have no DRM was last minute.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

Again, I doubt it was last-minute. They talked about DRM before Microsoft unveiled the Xbone.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:40)
I heard about that too, I heard Sony's decision to have no DRM was last minute.

I highly doubt that's true.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (sublimelabs @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:52)
Again, I doubt it was last-minute. They talked about DRM before Microsoft unveiled the Xbone.

The problem is that they said that there will be no 24 hours check after Microsoft had announced that ,that isn't the real problem , the real problem is why didn't they say anything about the release date , that is why I'm worried it got delayed

Bobbin100
  • Bobbin100

I like trains. Do you?

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by Bobbin100, 06 July 2013 - 07:49 AM.

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:05)
I'm saying that from the answer that the CEO said to IGN, they did have to see what Microsoft is doing so they did the opposite and that is announcing no more Always online and they are supporting games but yet they didn't announce the release date so that makes me a little worried about a delay

It's funny because this very recent article contradicts with what you're claiming. http://www.guardian....-redirect=false

"There's an interesting backstory on that. I guess, dating from about our February event, there had been questions about what our online policy would be. And I have to say that we were slightly perplexed, because we had no intention of changing from a model that I think has served us really well for several platform life-cycles. And then, of course, it was really the actions of others, and the reaction coming from consumers, which led to more speculation. So we felt that with E3, and Monday night's press conference, it was a really good opportunity to set the record straight. But there weren't any changes that we'd been considering."

A business plan is a long-term plan. It's difficult to make anything last minute.
As to why they have not given the actual release date yet? Jack Tretton said that there's still a lot of strategic and tactical evaluation to be done, on the number of units needed to be manufactured this year.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (Bobbin100 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 03:37)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 00:05)

It's funny because this very recent article contradicts with what you're claiming. http://www.guardian....-redirect=false

"There's an interesting backstory on that. I guess, dating from about our February event, there had been questions about what our online policy would be. And I have to say that we were slightly perplexed, because we had no intention of changing from a model that I think has served us really well for several platform life-cycles. And then, of course, it was really the actions of others, and the reaction coming from consumers, which led to more speculation. So we felt that with E3, and Monday night's press conference, it was a really good opportunity to set the record straight. But there weren't any changes that we'd been considering."

A business plan is a long-term plan. It's difficult to make anything last minute.
As to why they have not given the actual release date yet? Jack Tretton said that there's still a lot of strategic and tactical evaluation to be done, on the number of units needed to be manufactured this year.

That is the reason , thanx for giving me information biggrin.gif

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

user posted image

http://www.xboxonevspsfour.com - Click to vote

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

So that's what tragicomedy is like in real life.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm surprised in the difference tbh. Didn't think it would be this bad for the Xbox One.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 11:46)
I'm surprised in the difference tbh. Didn't think it would be this bad for the Xbox One.

Pretty obvious to me. Players want a gaming machine and no cable box...

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

I haven't voted because I still don't know what I want, and I don't "love" either of them. The Xbox One to me has more interesting exclusives going for it, and is the console of choice for most of my close friends. I don't like the price and the headset being an extra though. The PS4 looks nicer and has an advantage with it's more powerful GPU, but the games don't interest me yet.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

There aren't any exclusives on either machine that I care about if I'm honest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users