Photo

Urban exploration

39 replies to this topic
fgcarva1
  • fgcarva1

Il Figlioccio

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Wow, I always liked to go around buildings but never knew there was such a thing as 'urban exploration'. I'll try it someday with some friends. Seems interesting and fun.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

This looks like a really interesting hobby. Although I think it's sad that people would leave these building just sitting there and rotting away. It is such a waste of usable materials and land. I'm not saying these building should be demolished or anything because many of them are reminiscent of our past, but it would be nice to see them in use or being re-used instead of abandoned. I for one think that the brick structures look far better than today's glass buildings and towers. You just have to treat the building kindly instead of making them of mostly interchangeable parts. ( stuff like glass panes )

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Apologies for the bump, but I've been doing a bit of urban exploration myself (it's slowing becoming a hobby for me now) and I just had to share these pics of the ruined mills and other structures/things along the River Avon Trail, not too far from my residence.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

Sweet place,how old is the building?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

My dad used to work as mine-engineer, so we've gone to some old abandoned mining areas in the mountains of Picos de Europa (Spain). Most of them are too old and there aren't amost buildings or remaining structures (just the mine holes, slag heaps, some run down shaks and, with luck, can be found some wagon rails). These ones, instead, are sort of newer, this is what it looks now (pictures not mine):

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

These following one is one of the battery guns from the Spanish Civil War, located in a mountain called Punta Lucero at some km of Bilbao. The area has some other military structures. I wanted to go back there and explore the interior with some friends, but we finally didn't go.

user posted image

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by AlexGTAGamer, 12 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

QUOTE (VF94 @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 10:26)
Sweet place,how old is the building?

20th Century I believe. The pictured buildings used to be part of the Hanham Colliery. There used to be many industrial sites along the riverside (The Great Western Cotton Factory was one notable site). If you're interested here's a page detailing a tad bit about the area (3rd page, point 7 was where my pics were taken at) clicky here.

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

haven't do this yet, but I would like to do it.

Firs stop would be Chernobyl.
user posted image

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Good old Urban Exploring. Go get that Asbestos dust into your lungs.

Or radiation, if you feel like checking out an abandoned city.
Only 2 people were killed in the explosion. But 28 firefighters and cleanup workers died in the first 3 months.

The UN estimated 93,000 people have been killed(so far) by cancer caused by the Chernobyl disaster

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

I used to love exploring derelict sites with mates when I was a kid. One place we found was an old disused 1920's factory that made these glass water purifiers (or something similar). It was immense finding all the little corridors, rooms and such. Though one room had a table filled with used needles, one of the guys reported it to the police. Days after we'd see police cars parked outside and officers looking around. Then one day we went back in and while we were inside, a car pulled up out side of where we could get in so we were trapped. A youngish looking bloke came in and saw us. Thankfully he was alright with us but he went straight to the room with needles and cleared the table into a bag and left. Then about 2 days after, the whole building was on fire!

Here's a video I took:

Mr Scratch
  • Mr Scratch

Hungry like the wolf

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm planning on going to Kiev in august,and with a bit of luck and a travel agency I might just get to see Pripyat at least.Some shots from my latest explores.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users