Photo

Walking the Streets of LC

33 replies to this topic
Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

So, does anyone else ever just slow down and walk the streets of Liberty City?
I just love to gawk at some interesting buildings. When you just walk you notice all of the irrelevant detail, the dirt on the sidewalk all of that. It's interesting just to see the diverse people, architecture change, cars change(and some times I do car spot), hear the city noises. I also love to watch the weather change. I'm wondering who else does this?

Some of my favorite places to stroll include the Northwood Bridge, Bohan, north Algonquin, Southern Algonquin, Broker, Meadow Hills, just about ALL of the parks big or small, etc... It's just intriguing. Am I alone? Did this today and realized just how amazing it is.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I do this when im bored or when im doing realistic playthrough.

Petsevsky
  • Petsevsky

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Sometimes I walk rather than taking a car, mostly to travel short distances though, like from the Hove Beach safehouse to Russian Shop, Roman's cab depot, 69th diner, etc. It's nice and we can truly explore LC by walking, I like to take a walk in the park once in a while, too.

Also, I always do realistic playthrough when on Single Player, I leave the crazyness way to play GTA for Multiplayer.

LifeWithScissors
  • LifeWithScissors

Veni Vidi Vici

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

I just drive mostly, when i am bored i walk for just realism purposes. I rarely walk on IV nowadays instead i either run or take cars and get away from NOOSE as usual.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

All the time. Usually after I do a mission or something I go for a leisurely stroll. This game is so amazing to walk around IMO. You really feel like a tourist at times.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

And I was surprised how far you could walk from your car without it disappearing. I parked some red Presidente on that one road that begins from the broker bridge and then walked all of the way down to those lawfirm offices. Then I walked to the civic citadel and pass the municipal building. When I came back, I simply assumed my car would have vanished, but no. It just sat there untouched.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 15:41)
And I was surprised how far you could walk from your car without it disappearing. I parked some red Presidente on that one road that begins from the broker bridge and then walked all of the way down to those lawfirm offices. Then I walked to the civic citadel and pass the municipal building. When I came back, I simply assumed my car would have vanished, but no. It just sat there untouched.

Really? I can't even go around a corner without my car dissapearing.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by Dollarhide, 18 February 2013 - 09:38 PM.

I walked from Hove Beach safehouse to Roman's garage once... and that's about the longest walk I've had. I don't do much walking because it is painful when game is a bit laggy.

I did more walking (sprinting actually) in Los Santos. I feel like there are more interesting things happening in the streets of Los Santos than in Liberty City in GTA IV. There are peds commenting you and you can respond, more street fights, cops beating up/killing people and saying funny things while doing it. Yeah, strangely, I find the game world and environment of San Andreas more lively than that of GTA IV.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Too laggy?
Maybe you need to check your console, lol.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 22:55)
Too laggy?
Maybe you need to check your console, lol.

Exactly my thoughts o.O

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

I mostly do this when I'm not in a rush, I first started doing this in GTA LCS and then San Andreas..

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Dollarhide @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 08:32)
I walked from Hove Beach safehouse to Roman's garage once... and that's about the longest walk I've had. I don't do much walking because it is painful when game is a bit laggy.

I did more walking (sprinting actually) in Los Santos. I feel like there are more interesting things happening in the streets of Los Santos than in Liberty City in GTA IV. There are peds commenting you and you can respond, more street fights, cops beating up/killing people and saying funny things while doing it. Yeah, strangely, I find the game world and environment of San Andreas more lively than that of GTA IV.

I have to respectfully disagree. The last time I played SA I thought I might go around LS and well it was boring other than the odd shootout everynow and then.

Try walking down Downtown LS and compare that to Star Junction. There's simply no ambience at all IMO.

Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Walking down Star Junction/The Exchange would seem to be a very interesting idea, especially at night.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, I do walk around the streets of Liberty...But no special route....sometimes in Happiness Island..

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

I go from Star Junction all the way to Luis' house. Then from there I go to The baseball field in Bohan.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Odd story:
I parked my Jamaican Huntley SUV, right next to that tudor style, triangular shop in Willis/Meadow Hills. I then went on a long walk through the awesome tudor style apartments and soon found myself at the doorstep of Cluckin' Bell in Cerveza Heights, across from that odd Hot Coffee Shop. I ran back and found my car sitting there untouched. Radio still turned off. It's impressive how far you can wonder from your car in this game. I hope V is like this so I can park and just take hikes whenever I want.

Tl;dr: I walked faarr from my Huntley and it was still there when I ran back.

GTAb0yWonder
  • GTAb0yWonder

I'm not GTAb0yWonder anymore, you dipsh*t cretins.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 04:33)

I have to respectfully disagree. The last time I played SA I thought I might go around LS and well it was boring other than the odd shootout everynow and then.

Try walking down Downtown LS and compare that to Star Junction. There's simply no ambience at all IMO.

Star Junction is very empty, and the only other cars that DO show up are always taxis. The only way to give it that "busy" feeling is by installing Simple Native Trainer on the PC and spawn a huge number of peds and cars.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 13:01)

Star Junction is very empty, and the only other cars that DO show up are always taxis. The only way to give it that "busy" feeling is by installing Simple Native Trainer on the PC and spawn a huge number of peds and cars.

Star Junction is fine. It's still busier than Downtown LS is all I was saying. wink.gif

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Used to do it a lot when finding locations for my Liberty City fan-fiction stories. It's actually really interesting taking your time to look at the surrounding areas in the game.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAb0yWonder @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 20:01)

If you have such a problem with it, tilt the camera down when you drive and bring the camera back up. There should be lots of traffic and peds then.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I usually walk Niko from the safehouse penthouse, around from where Playboy X's penthouse is, and walk him to Star Junction, to get a bus to take up on the bridge and blow up oncoming traffic. Fun times!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (jlamay @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 13:35)
I usually walk Niko from the safehouse penthouse, around from where Playboy X's penthouse is, and walk him to Star Junction, to get a bus to take up on the bridge and blow up oncoming traffic. Fun times!

I love doing that with the buses. It creates rather huge explosions.

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

Walked across the Broker Bridge today. Fantastic feeling. I definitely need to start walking more in this game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

So I just unlocked Alderney in my current save and I must say I forgot how cool it is. I find it the most underrated actually. I love the urban feel of North Alderney, but it's also contrasted with a large industrial park. It's the most unique island out of all of them IMO.

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

I thought I was the only one to do it tounge2.gif

I love walking around the bohan safehouse, listening to people and following some of them lol.gif

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Some times I stop driving and just get out and start walking around. I do this especially when it is a nice bright sunny day. Most of the time I like walking in areas where there is a lot of conversation amongst the residence of that community. The Firefly Projects is a good place to walk around and get in to some trouble if you're not careful.

I've always liked Hove Beach, walking or driving. Bohan is also a good place to walk around and read the graffiti.

Basicly anywhere in Liberty City because it is so full of detail and interest.

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

For the first portion of the game I would actually walk from the apartment to the cab office for Roman's missions. I would also walk to the Vlad missions; it was always a long trip.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:30)
For the first portion of the game I would actually walk from the apartment to the cab office for Roman's missions. I would also walk to the Vlad missions; it was always a long trip.

That was long?
A long trip for me is Willis to the western border of Cerveza Heights.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 20:30)

Vlad is right across the safehouse hahaha. Just wait until you start taking the subway to downtown. Something cool I noticed is most of the subway stops in IV are only 1-2 blocks walking distance away from the missions in Algonquin!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

It's pretty peaceful to roam around Lancaster/Middle Park East. You know those blocks surrounding Grotti 'Automobili' Dealership?
And this is off topic but, I also did a very civilized cruise in a blue Turismo I stole from the dealer. It's really peaceful when you take Union Drive East all of the way to the end of Union Drive West, just cruising. Really makes you admire all of the detail.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users