Quantcast

» «
Photo

I can't play GTA Project Liberty

8 replies to this topic

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:25 PM Edited by 65536, 08 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

I tried to run this total conversion: GTA: Project Liberty. I've downloaded Beta 0.2, then I installed on my fresh GTA San Andreas 1.0, following instructions in readme file. When I start game, I can Start New Game, but when loading screen appear and loading bar reaches about 1/4, game crashes and I can't get CJ appear on map at all. Readme.txt says this may occurs if gta3.img isn't installed correctly. Several times I am reinstalled mod, tried a different versions of gta_sa.exe, different ways to install files provided for gta3.img, but nothing helped me... I tried several times for starting game after every installation (installing files in gta3.img, changing versions of gta_sa.exe, removing CLEO mods I'm using in original game before I install GTA: Project Liberty), but I NEVER GOT loading screen successfully passed - game still crash when loading bar is 1/4... wow.gif My original gta3.img file size was 896 MB (940 064 768 bytes), so I ask whether this is correct size for patching and running GTA: Project Liberty? Also I want someone of team making GTA: Project Liberty to help me with deep written instructions how to install that dawn gta3.img CORRECTLY so I can get game working because as I see screenshots on its thread linked above, some users can run conversion without problems. However, for some reason on beginning of thread there is no downlaod available for correct gta3.img required for that conversion (also it isn't available in download file containing conversion) so I can't just replace original file, I don't know why... Seems there is something in this mod that I can't install correctly... confused.gif I really want to play that conversion and to see GTA 4 map on SA.

My computer is:
Dell Optiplex 745
CPU Intel Pentium D 3.00 GHz
2 GB RAM DDR2
Videocard ATI Radeon HD5670 DDR5 512 MB
HDD 80 GB
Windows 7 Home Premium x32

I have only 2 GB RAM, but when I start SA Project Liberty and it crashes on loading screen, I have over 1GB free RAM, so I don't think wanting RAM may is the reason for that crash...

I also have installed GTA United 1.2.0.1, but it is with an automatic installer, and I was able to run it since first time and it works fine without crash on loading screen. So, I'd have an one suggestion to GTA: Project Liberty's team: make an automatic installer like one for GTA United, which verifying every file in original installition and installing everything correctly, including correct modifying of gta3.img instead manual one where you would can doing something wrong. whatsthat.gif

seeker123
  • seeker123

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

i have the same problem confused.gif

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

Mod Killer,Idea Giver,Helper For installing Mods,Active User :D

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (seeker123 @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 22:32)
i have the same problem confused.gif

bro you can rebuild acrhive your gta 3 did you install the nodes.dat? there are the error's of your you need to rebuild your gta3.img then that's it it work's on me but have a liitle but that's fine.... have fun with hellya's mods.... ^_^

if works can you help me to convert wtf file to dff if you can ^_^.... if possible... smile.gif

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Didn't really notice if you told in your post, but did you run Map Cleaner before installing anything? And are you using the gta_sa.exe provided with the mod?

And remember to rebuild archive ALWAYS when modifying gta3.img.

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Tuesday, Feb 26 2013, 21:59)
Didn't really notice if you told in your post, but did you run Map Cleaner before installing anything? And are you using the gta_sa.exe provided with the mod?

right right...need to do that you guys need his own map cleaner but the gta3.img is not modded that's all...

BfSoldier25
  • BfSoldier25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

deleted the file gta_int.img

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (BfSoldier25 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 09:11)
deleted the file gta_int.img

are you some stupid or what if he delete that now the game will surely crash hahahaha....

plz help i have difficult converting wtd to dff can some help me???

Snitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, I all times I've tried to install, I've always ran map cleaner first... And every time I have replaced files with ones provided for gta3.img for GTA Project Liberty, I always rebuilt the archive... But no matter, I still unable to run that conversion... I may wait for next release. bored.gif

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (65536 @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 20:25)

Yeah, I all times I've tried to install, I've always ran map cleaner first... And every time I have replaced files with ones provided for gta3.img for GTA Project Liberty, I always rebuilt the archive... But no matter, I still unable to run that conversion... I may wait for next release. bored.gif

aw man...do you have a copy of whole san andreas? if you have then delete your previous gta sa:iv map then get another copy of whole gta sa then run his own cleaner map then after that add the file in gtasanandreas/data... and add the files gta3 and add the nodes file(this one is make your peds to follow routes of gta iv)then rebuild archive...that's all

my game is fine but i little lag but i off the enb so there's no lag and im running it on windows 7 and there's no crash...

there's some thing wrong with your own installation... ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users