As probably most of the scripters know, filling up the missions with actors, vehicles and objects can be a long and quite boring process. With only basic tools you have to handle each actor/vehicle/object seperatly - find a place for it, save its coordinates, find its model ID and put all of it into a proper function(s).
In my personal opinion, the best tool for setting up the game enviroment is MTA Map Editor, which allows you to position everything at once and save it to an xml file. This is where mta2scm comes in - it converts the .map file to a complete SCM code ready for copy&paste. Detailed features:
- Model loading section
- Creating actors, vehicles and objects
- Setting up the rotations for all the actors, vehicles and objects
- Selecting interior and linking to it actors, vehicles and objects
- Releasing loaded models for better performance
- Variables start from 1@ skipping 32@ and 33@, which are built-in timers and can't be used to store anything else
- Describing elements with the name set in MTA Map Editor as comments next to the creating functions
Video showing mta2scm in action:
Link to the tool:
You can either upload a .map file or just simply put the contents of a .map file in the second text field.