» «
Photo

[REL|SA]mta2scm - online map converter

2 replies to this topic
MakG[GZ]
  • MakG[GZ]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:20 PM Edited by MakG[GZ], 16 February 2013 - 05:27 PM.

mta2scm is an online tool for converting MTA maps to SCM code ready to use in missions or CLEO scripts.

As probably most of the scripters know, filling up the missions with actors, vehicles and objects can be a long and quite boring process. With only basic tools you have to handle each actor/vehicle/object seperatly - find a place for it, save its coordinates, find its model ID and put all of it into a proper function(s).

In my personal opinion, the best tool for setting up the game enviroment is MTA Map Editor, which allows you to position everything at once and save it to an xml file. This is where mta2scm comes in - it converts the .map file to a complete SCM code ready for copy&paste. Detailed features:
  • Model loading section
  • Creating actors, vehicles and objects
  • Setting up the rotations for all the actors, vehicles and objects
  • Selecting interior and linking to it actors, vehicles and objects
  • Releasing loaded models for better performance
  • Variables start from 1@ skipping 32@ and 33@, which are built-in timers and can't be used to store anything else
  • Describing elements with the name set in MTA Map Editor as comments next to the creating functions
I am planning to extend the functionality of mta2scm to support pickups and markers (spheres). If you got any suggestions, then I'll be happy to hear them.

Video showing mta2scm in action:

Link to the tool:
mta2scm

You can either upload a .map file or just simply put the contents of a .map file in the second text field.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

[Silent's Quality Mark picture here]

That's a pretty nice thing.

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hey, good work.
It should have come earlier when I was porting MTA's Slender Gamemode to a MPACK!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users