» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto: Los Santos

20 replies to this topic
Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by Notna, 17 February 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Mission pack status: IN PROGRESS

user posted image

Hello! This is officially my 4th mission pack. It's in progress, and it currently contains 6 missions. Play, enjoy and give me feedback! smile.gif

user posted image
5 years ago, Thomas Jackson left his home town of Los Santos to live a different life. However, after hearing about the tragic passing of his own father, TJ has decided to return to the city of angels to pick back on gangster business in Grove Street now led by his brother Brian and to take revenge on the people who are behind the murder of his father.

user posted image
Character NameCharacter Description
Thomas Jackson
The protagonist/playable character. TJ left Los Santos years ago, but has now returned to revenge the death of his father. He is getting back into criminal activity with his brother and the rest of the gang.
Brian Jackson
He is TJ's older brother. After the passing of their father, Brian became the leader of the Grove Street Families, as TJ was out of town. Brian is very dedicated to the gang.
Lance Michaels
Lance is a member of the Grove Street Families, and a very trusted one. He is a tough guy, still very loyal to the gang. He has always thought of TJ as one of his best friends, though usually greets him with insults.
Linnea Jackson
She's the sister of TJ and Brian. She has never been interested about gang life, but is still very loyal to the gang. She's been dating a biker called James Hodges, which TJ and Brian don't like that much.
James Hodges
He's a biker, who is a part of a biker gang called Aces & 8s. He is the boyfriend of Linnea Jackson, which his brothers do not like very much.
Loza Stunna
Born as Andrew Flair, Loza Stunna is a Grove Street member and a recording rap and hip hop artist. He's an old friend of TJ. He lives out of Ganton in Idlewood and has his own recording studio at the Market.
user posted image

Chapter 1: Back to Business

Mission 1. - Introduction - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23882
Mission 2. - Home Sweet Home - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23883
Mission 3. - The Funeral - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23884
Mission 4. - A Dangerous City - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23897
Mission 5. - Loza Stunna - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23898
Mission 6. - Grocery For Me - http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/23900

user posted image
Times in UTC+2
February 16th, 2013; 17:32: Topic made, first 3 missions added
February 17th, 2013; 15:31: Missions "A Dangerous City", "Loza Stunna" and "Grocery For Me" added, Topic updated

user posted image
Patrick and Dutchy - For making DYOM, of course.
CCPD, GunWrath and SkyLine10 - For the logo and headers. All did great job, but had to chose CCPD's this time. smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Only San Fierro left, eh? Will check it out.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 17:33)
Only San Fierro left, eh? Will check it out.

Yeah. I have a plan to do it after this, but I don't know yet.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I made something like this long time ago,but it was bullsh*t, i guess this is better. Will check it out! icon14.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hey, thanks a lot Andrej.

ProtoZeroZ
  • ProtoZeroZ

The True Zen Corporation Master

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

new mission pack huh? i`ll try yours smile.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Thanks, looking forward to your feedback! smile.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

3 new missions added! Play, enjoy and give me feedback! smile.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Wow, you recalled me old good times, i wanna say, you started MP yestrday and tomorrow three new missions up! It just, recalled me, how i was finishing my storylines in for five days with 20 missions. smile.gif That isn't possible anymore... sad.gif Thanks! smile.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hah, I like to work fast to keep the interest for making it up. Thanks man, looking forward to your feedback and stay tuned for more missions soon! biggrin.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well, feedback...i forgot, here you go! I played all six missions, well i can say three good old things: First, this was like San Andreas remake, well first two missions were like first three in SA, it recalled me when i first time played SA in 2005. Second good thing was, it recalled me on one good old storyline. The Jacksons brothers, by UNRATED, it was first storyline i've played. And the third was, it recalled me on LnD's SAS, only about starting missions. 'Go to Lance'. Every mission in LnD's SAS, started like that. Good part of feedback icon14.gif

Anyway, the gameplay was good. It mostly attracted me in lasted mission. But bad part of feedback,was only one small thing. You almost didn't use V7 features. dozingoff.gif (V6 still wins!) It was like i played missions made with V6. Well it's creator's choice,how he will make missions, but anyhow, missions were pretty good. icon14.gif

8.5/10

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hey thanks homie, yeah well I'm still getting used to the V7 features.

FrozzzenD
  • FrozzzenD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

I am going to try it out, but later... i will give you feedback!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

I played the 6 missions Notna.
Although i never played any of your previous mission-packs, in my eyes, i see you as one of the seniors, the good designers that you know you'll enjoy their missions. Not sure if it's always like this, but i'm kinda disappointed confused.gif

The story is clearly a different version of the original SA storyline. But seriously, TJ? white gangsters in Grove Street?
I expected a rather different story, but it's okay i respect your choice.
There are things i really hate when playing missions, the use of ( something ) instead of a : or none, the wall cutscenes instead of a black cutscene, and the vehicle checkpoints instead of a vehicle objective. Not that they're bad, it's just me that i always focus on the lil' things, and these ones kinda gives the feeling that the missions aren't professionaly made.
Onto my next point, you should've made use of the new features, like when getting the money, you should've made us collect multiple bags, or instead of letting Stunna shoot, let us do so!
I still didn't see anything special for this MP.

Sorry for the rather "severe" feedback. I'm just a bit hard with skilled designers when it comes to giving it.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Well, thank you.

The problem here is (about the vehicles) when working on my latest mission pack Life of Antoine Lee, many people asked, no, forced me to go back to using checkpoint vehicles. It's a bit difficult now since in every mp of mine, people say to do it differently.

And yes, I'm a very bad designer which is a bit funny since I've been working on DYOM for over 3 years.

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 09:19)
And yes, I'm a very bad designer

You are not.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Thank you, like I said on Skype I don't know why I said that biggrin.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Notna @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 17:50)
Thank you, like I said on Skype I don't know why I said that biggrin.gif

Dude, you're not a bad designer, you just have your own designing style. Just like Jimmy, in my first feedback on SK:P i mentioned those. I just always try to only mention things to improve (which makes me sound really negative) unless i find something really great that can't be missed.
Just remembered, i played The Elite, which was good.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Thanks.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Come on man. Don't let some feedback ruin your mood. So what some guy gave you a not-so-good feedback you quit? Instead of saying "I suck" give us some more missions and try to improve what you missed if you can. I didn't say i hate it you know.

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Wednesday, Feb 27 2013, 23:41)
Come on man. Don't let some feedback ruin your mood. So what some guy gave you a not-so-good feedback you quit? Instead of saying "I suck" give us some more missions and try to improve what you missed if you can. I didn't say i hate it you know.

Already made the 7th mission, working on the 8th, probably coming today or tomorrow.

It's not about you, but you know the feeling when you start a mission pack and you're really excited, then the mood drops down by itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users