» «
Photo

Back Alley Brawl - Cutscene Music?

7 replies to this topic
LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by LegionVC, 15 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

This may come as an odd request, but I was hoping if someone could help me find out the name of a song. It plays during the 3rd (last) cutscene in Back Alley Brawl, in which Tommy meets Lance (after killing Leo Teal). I'm very familiar with the Vice City soundtrack but this song doesn't appear to be on any of the radio stations. Since the track is pretty hard to hear and there's a lot of sounds playing over it (Tommy and Lance talking, dogs barking, sirenes, etc.) it's hard to hear the lyrics. From what I can hear it sounds like 'You're in my world/head/heart, whoever you are' or something similar. I've uploaded two videos to YouTube with the audio clip. The first video is the raw cutscene audio, in the second one I tried to edit out the voices of Tommy and Lance (still a lot of distortion) and boosted the audio volume. If someone can do a better job at editing out the voices and the other background noises (which I can't), that would be very kind.

(Raw cutscene audio)

(No voices)

I hope someone can help, I'll really appreciate it!

LeDivant
  • LeDivant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm not that confident about this, but it does kinda sound like Adam & The Ants' "Deutscher Girls"

Listen from 1:44

LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't appear to be that one. Are there any people on this forum with a lot of knowledge on 80's music? I went through a lot of songs already but still haven't found the one that plays in this cutscene. It sounds like something by Big Country, but still no luck. I hope someone can help, this is driving me completely nuts.

MadForce7
  • MadForce7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

How about I Melt With You by Modern English?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Apart from the above choice, the only other close one I can vaguely match it to would be the outro of "One Way or Another" by Blondie, from This point, it matches the bassline near enough.

lazlow91
  • lazlow91

City of Vice

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (MadForce7 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 15:26)

that's exactly what i thought when i heard it. identical opening and middle bassline.

LeDivant
  • LeDivant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (MadForce7 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 15:26)

Now that I listen to it again, it's almost definitely this. Would be a realistic beta song for The Wave - early 80s, not too massive a hit but it does get fairly frequent play on modern 80s stations: which seemed to be the criteria for the Vice CIty soundtrack.
Good job smile.gif

LegionVC
  • LegionVC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

The beginning portion of 'I Melt With You' does sound very identical to what's heard in the cutscene. Unfortunately when I compared the vocals to what's heard in the cutscene it still doesn't appear to be the correct song. Thanks a lot for all of the suggestions though.

I think an audio editor should try editing out the noises in the background from that cutscene to make the song more clearer to hear. The file for that cutscene is 'law2c' in the Vice City audio folder. I've tried it myself but to no avail.

Still, thanks for all the kind support so far!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users