Introductions

10 replies to this topic
BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi, I am a member on many forums, And all of them but tis one has a Introduction Topic so you can drop a message and say hi so you can get the jist of things and it just makes you feel, well welcome

What do you think?

Thanks

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I don't remember this forum ever having a intro topic/forum. We have never really needed it. We just encourage members to look around and make themselves feel at home right away. I, myself, never post intro topics upon joining a new forum so I'm not a fan of the idea. Intro topics also tend to generate more spam than interesting discussions.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 08:50)
Hi, I am a member on many forums, And all of them but tis one has a Introduction Topic so you can drop a message and say hi so you can get the jist of things and it just makes you feel, well welcome

What do you think?

Thanks

Hey, I am here to make you feel welcome, its what I do. I'm all approachable and warm and fluffy.

We get so many new members joining each day, we wouldn't be able to keep up, it would be crazier than the V forum.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Well how about a PM sent out to all new members saying somthing on the lines of "Hello, (Name) Than you for signing up to the gta forums. Please make your self at home and remember to read the forum guide lines

Here is a list of helpful links

- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
"

How about that

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by shoumic, 15 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

I don't think this will also serve as a good idea because most people will just choose to ignore introductory PM's from the admins. People will learn about the rules and regulations the more they start to use the forum anyways so this is not needed.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 05:28)
Well how about a PM sent out to all new members saying somthing on the lines of "Hello, (Name) Than you for signing up to the gta forums. Please make your self at home and remember to read the forum guide lines

Here is a list of helpful links

- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
- (GTAF Link)
"

How about that

It's not in our budget to process personal messages to every single person who signs up here. Most look around before joining anyways.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 19:54)
I don't remember this forum ever having a intro topic/forum. We have never really needed it. We just encourage members to look around and make themselves feel at home right away. I, myself, never post intro topics upon joining a new forum so I'm not a fan of the idea. Intro topics also tend to generate more spam than interesting discussions.

This. I mean if someone really wants to introduce themselves they could just make a thread.

Shiva.
  • Shiva.

Formerly shiva s

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Or, someone who just dedicates their life to GTAForums or considers this place as their world should take up the job of a "Concierge"

He/She should create a new account named "GTAForums Doorman/Greeter" and have their eyes glued to the "The newest user is <insert username here> all the time.

In that way, when a new folk pops up at the door, he/she should hit the messenger and send a welcome PM embeded with all the useful links to the user and block him as soon as they are done sending the PM.

/impossible suggestion.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I would do that but i would have to have 2 accounts and only do it for some members

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Saturday, Feb 16 2013, 19:52)
I would do that but i would have to have 2 accounts and only do it for some members

It was a joke, Don't do that.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

I know, I was joking with that post my self

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users