» «
Photo

How to Get to Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale

15 replies to this topic
PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by PK_LT, 17 March 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Have you ever wanted to get to Staunton Island and/or Shoreside Vale without finishing GTA III until their unlocking? Here's the video how to do it!

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

DUH! This isn't 2001, you know? People have already recorded this stuff.

PK_LT
  • PK_LT

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:39 PM Edited by PK_LT, 17 March 2013 - 10:30 AM.

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 20:35)

I already know it but I made this for those who still don't know this trick.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 20:35)

I agree. Search for this stuff on the web and its all there.

QUOTE (PK_LT)
Have you always wanted to get to Staunton Island or Shoreside Vale in the beginning of the game? I have discovered a couple methods how to get there!

Videos:

How to Get to Staunton Island

How to Get to Shoreside Vale

For some reason, the tunnel which connects Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale is opened before completing Last Requests.

There are easier ways to get there. Especially via the tunnel glitches

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K13

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

This is the easiest way in my opinion:

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 11:08)

I never knew about that way... I normally use the trick of exiting a banshee as it goes of the tunnel roof (Works well but can be dodgy on iOS and Android)

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (GTAKid667 @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 11:29)
QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 11:08)

I never knew about that way... I normally use the trick of exiting a banshee as it goes of the tunnel roof

Not so good if you wanted to KEEP the vehicle, tho.

Nice trick! Works well on PS2, as well (unlike the movie theatre location). Much quicker than driving the car inside a Reefer. Know any SI or SSV locations?

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 08:16)
Much quicker than driving the car inside a Reefer.  Know any SI or SSV locations?

LOL have you ever tried this?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (_____ @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 14:08)

That doesn't really work on PS2, if you ask me... Well, at least for me personally.

But on PS2 there is another way to get to Staunton easily - via the Porter Tunnel Entrance on Portland. The roof there is not solid, so just park an Ambulance and off you go. Now that won't work on PC, because the roof was made solid on the PC version and Claude eventually gets stuck in the roof with no way to go. There, Taxi is used... But that is much more risky.

shadaboot27
  • shadaboot27

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Is there a way to do this but in reverse? Get a car from the second island to Portland? Because I want to get a blista to the import/export before unlocking any islands.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 05:06)

That doesn't really work on PS2, if you ask me... Well, at least for me personally.

But on PS2 there is another way to get to Staunton easily - via the Porter Tunnel Entrance on Portland. The roof there is not solid, so just park an Ambulance and off you go. Now that won't work on PC, because the roof was made solid on the PC version and Claude eventually gets stuck in the roof with no way to go. There, Taxi is used... But that is much more risky.

It works for me.
The other way is not impossible with PC (if you are talking about the same glitch I am thinking of) just use a grenade and you thrown on top of the unsolid bit (Similar to the way I obtain the Limo in Salvatore's Called a meeting
The easiest in my opinion is exiting a car as it falls off the top of the tunnel similar to this one.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (shadaboot27 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 07:42)
Is there a way to do this but in reverse? Get a car from the second island to Portland? Because I want to get a blista to the import/export before unlocking any islands.

I'd like to know this as well. I don't think there is, though, with the exception of the flying car cheat...

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (shadaboot27 @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 07:42)

Blista is easy. You can often get one in Vigilante or Firefighter no matter where you are.

But failing that...

Pretty much a fool-proof method of getting one to show up in Chinatown traffic:

Go to Staunton however you choose. Grab a Blista there (there's some set spawn locations if you don't already see one in traffic), and drive it down to the end of the dock that has the fishing boat. Leave the door hanging open as you exit (careful not to fall off the dock!)...then get in the boat. Boats don't appear to interfere with the 2-vehicle memory limit the way cars do...so you should see them begin to appear in Chinatown after taking the trip over to the Callahan Bridge dock and running around on foot (since the Blista you left on the dock is still in active memory).

The same method can be used for the bus, flatbed, Mr.Whoopie, etc.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Apr 19 2013, 05:06)

But on PS2 there is another way to get to Staunton easily - via the Porter Tunnel Entrance on Portland. The roof there is not solid, so just park an Ambulance and off you go.

I can vouche for that (that pushing a car into the ground at that location doesn't work well on PS2). Or, at least, of the several times I tried it, I only got lucky once. Went the wrong way by accident though and ended up drowning.

I'll stick with my personal favorite, exiting a vehicle on the roof of the tunnel so that Claude immediately falls into Blue Hell. It's a pretty short sprint to where you can drop and land on Staunton Island, and there's usually a Taxi nearby when you land so you're good to go.

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Pushing stuff though the ground appears to be MUCH easier on the PC version. Recall that you can reverse the CP Stretch along the Sex Kitten club entrance (just Southeast of Luigi's) and have it pop through the ground and onto the Subway ceiling to drive it over to Staunton/SSV. Getting this to work on the PS2 is (nearly) impossible...I think I've done it maybe twice out of a hundred tries. On the PC, it goes right thru.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Nukey Shay @ Sunday, Aug 11 2013, 08:21)
Pushing stuff though the ground appears to be MUCH easier on the PC version. Recall that you can reverse the CP Stretch along the Sex Kitten club entrance (just Southeast of Luigi's) and have it pop through the ground and onto the Subway ceiling to drive it over to Staunton/SSV. Getting this to work on the PS2 is (nearly) impossible...I think I've done it maybe twice out of a hundred tries. On the PC, it goes right thru.

Honestly, I have to disagree with this, I think that both consoles have an equal chance at getting vehicles pushed through the ground.

On PS2, I have in the past successfully managed to push vehicles through the ground with ease, I have tried it with quite a few vehicles, almost all that are possible and while for some people it may seem like a struggle at first, I have never had the issue. Yes, it may take a few tries but I wouldn't brand it nearly impossible.

On PC, while most vehicles are way easier than they are on PS2, I have great difficulty with vehicles like the Trashmaster, it almost seems impossible to get it through the ground because it pulls in half and can't pull the other half leaving it badly messed up and will eventually set on fire.

That other method which the 'Pushing UC Rumpo' shows is again, easy on PS2 yet harder on PC for me. From my perspective it seems that it is of mixed balance, both consoles have pros and cons regarding the situation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users