Photo

SA: Making a custom map - removing parts of map

2 replies to this topic
thegator12321
  • thegator12321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Hi, so I'm working on a semi-conversion where I'm converting San Andreas to the bay area (SF -> expanded, vegas -> Oakland, etc. LA -> San Jose, etc.). I'm now at the point where I need to remove a lot of old countryside so I can make new ones and make new paths, etc.

Does anyone know how I can remove all the objects from countryN.IPL and countryN2.IPL from the map so I can start just that area from scratch?

It crashes when sometimes removing pieces from them but sometimes I can and once it crashes once it continues to crash until I restore gta3.IMG and the IPL files and I'm not really sure why except maybe something to do with .col and paths

Thanks, I'll probably make a project thread eventually once I have the highways across the bay done

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Download Steve M's map cleaner.

Deselect the parts of the map you want to keep and the tool will do the rest.

smile.gif

thegator12321
  • thegator12321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 00:03)
Download Steve M's map cleaner.

Deselect the parts of the map you want to keep and the tool will do the rest.

smile.gif

Hi, thanks I didn't even realize the selection was modular so my bad on that!

However, when I try to remove just the two zones all it seems to do is comment out all IPLs and only comment out the IDEs I chose. This just means it loads the object info for all but the countryN and N2 I selected and then dropped me onto a blank ocean. If I try to place any other IPLs I still crash.

I just want to use the default map but remove the countryside. Is there any way to do this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users