» «
Photo

Territory 98.18 %

19 replies to this topic
AskerB
  • AskerB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by lil weasel, 13 February 2013 - 12:44 AM.

EDIT: How do I resize this, bah.

Hy all.

My first post here, been hooked on San Andreas lately, completing it for the first time. However, I want 100% of the territories, and I've only one Vagos territory left. I looked around for it for ages without success, then I googled and people said there was a small Vagos territory around the boat school, that didn't work either. No vagos to see whatsoever, I was there for approximately 1 hour. And no area shown on map either.

I was very confused, but went to look at every small piece of detail on my map once more, and found this:

http://i.imgur.com/N2ldtWS.jpg

And just as a little detail - no, I didn't glitch the whole map in order to open up all territories:

http://i.imgur.com/HhRKPws.png

I went to the yellow territory, and it's in the middle of a road and a golf pitch. There is no sign of roaming vagos (or people for that sake), however, I've seen one vagos shooting at the police a few meters outside the territory. (this territory is really damn small).

So my question is. How. the. heck. do I take this territory (without using cheats)? Anyone encountered the same problem?

Thanks.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

The glitched Bayside turf happens in the original PS2 version. You have one of only a dozen turfs that can be glitch by traveling off the edge of the map on the PC version. You may want to make sure your taxi missions can still spawn passengers; an annoying glitch also caused by traveling outside of the normal map area.

This turf can be a real pain to take over. Basically, you need to block traffic and pull gang members out of cars and then keep them alive long enough to have three to kill in rapid succession. As long as CJ is in the yellow tinted turf you can get credit for gang kills when they are outside of the zone. A similar strategy is to pull out any Vago you see, kill him, and then rapidly look around for any vagos hopping out of their cars to defend him.

AskerB
  • AskerB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 00:36)
The glitched Bayside turf happens in the original PS2 version. You have one of only a dozen turfs that can be glitch by traveling off the edge of the map on the PC version. You may want to make sure your taxi missions can still spawn passengers; an annoying glitch also caused by traveling outside of the normal map area.

This turf can be a real pain to take over. Basically, you need to block traffic and pull gang members out of cars and then keep them alive long enough to have three to kill in rapid succession. As long as CJ is in the yellow tinted turf you can get credit for gang kills when they are outside of the zone. A similar strategy is to pull out any Vago you see, kill him, and then rapidly look around for any vagos hopping out of their cars to defend him.

Thanks for your reply.

I appreciate your ideas, but it seems kind of impossible when a vagor only shows up in a car every 20 min. How am I supposed to stay alive without killing them, if I want to get 3 at once?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:58 AM

Taking this turf is likely to be very difficult, but not impossible. I took a closer look and the turf you are after is C*NTC3, and is zoned a Residential Rich. More gang members will spawn in the evening, starting at 20:00 until 08:00 if I'm reading the popcycle info correctly. Still, a glitch zone density is only 1, so not many are likely to spawn.

http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

I only have a vague memory of taking this zone. The one I remember was just to the east, but still in the tunnel, and it was pretty hard to get enough gang members to spawn. I seem to remember having one hooked on a tow truck and another waiting in a car just in front of CJ, and finally giving up and killing the two I had and then got lucky and found another in a car within the time limit.

If you decide the challenge is too frustrating you might consider uploading your save to http://gtasnp.com and posting the link in the mission help forum. Maybe someone else would enjoy the challenge and will try to take that turf for you.

Or, the GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.x by Paul Breeuwsma has a really good zone editor. You could fix that glitchy turf back to the way is should be.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

My question is, how did you get that turf, without flying way off notify.gif

evil_hunter
  • evil_hunter

• Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 10:50)
My question is, how did you get that turf, without flying way off  notify.gif

This quote from glenster's FAQ should answer that. If you don't want to read the whole thing, the territory is most likely created after 'St. Mark's Bistro'. It also contains some information about the glitched territory OrionSR took over for glenster at the same place (or to the east of it?)
QUOTE (Glenster's FAQ)

You're supposed to have 54 (I've also read 53) territories to take over.  But
flying to the edge of the map (as with the territories glitch that can create a
hundred-something territories) for the "St. Mark's Bistro" mission can create a
couple of territories in the SE section of Bayside Marina, approx. E of a border
drawn S from the S end of the bit of beach there.  You can also get territories
in NW San Fierro in an area of the two blocks of "PARIDISO," the four blocks S
of those two, and in a rectangle extending N from them to the area just S of
where the Gant Bridge crosses the N highway.
  Thanks to an article by koomodeee at GTA Forums:
  http://www.gtaforums...pic=157489&st=0

It can also create territories I haven't even found yet, as on one save game
of mine.  You might fly a jet to the edge of the map accidentally by just goof-
ing around, too, and create such territories.  But as long as C.J. isn't getting
attacked anywhere, it's not a big thing to worry about.

You might like it to be so simple as just "purple: take it over; flashing red:
battle; and green: turf taken," in big, easy to see areas.  In fact, I'm pretty
sure it should be.  In fact, I'd really rather not know that it's any more com-
plicated.

Most of the "L"-shaped block of the E Los Santos Cluckin' Bell had no coloring
over it on my map when I sent a screenshot of it to Rusk, and he told me to have
C.J. take it.  I don't know why it wasn't purple.  For a couple of disputed
areas--I can't remember which ones--the Balla or Vago ran off and got stuck
somewhere.  In such situations, the game gives C.J. so much time to leave the
battle area to go after the gangster and get back.  If C.J. doesn't get back in
time, it says he "ran off--bad show," or something like that.  I've read that
such an area can be claimed by both the Grove Street Family and the Ballas or
Vagos till C.J. takes full control of it, and such an area is light green, pale
gray-green, or purple-green (which makes gray?), depending on who you ask.  Fur-
ther confusing things is that some areas are pale green and others are mid-green
when C.J. has full control of them.  Anyway, the area in the screenshot didn't
have any green, purple, or gray till C.J. took full control of it, and then it
was mid-green.

A couple of vertical rectangular blocks that are E of the road that goes S
from the pretzel-looking intersection of Commerce are now green on my map after
some turf battles.

My oldest save file, with all the missions done except "End of the Line" (so I
can try different things with it), had these Stats:

Territories taken over: 64
  Territory under control: 98.21%
  Territories held: 55
  Highest number of territories held: 59

Thanks to Orion_SR for checking my save game file and finding the stray gang
territory I'd wondered about the location of for a couple of years--a Balla ter-
ritory in the tunnel E of the Avispa Country Club in San Fierro.  The territory
had a very low percentage of Ballas, so it took a while for C.J. to start a gang
war, but he finally started one and took control of the area.

Before C.J. took over the couple of blocks SE of the pretzel-looking intersec-
tion in Commerce, I had 98.21% of the territories under control, too--shouldn't
the percentage have gotten bigger afterward?  Maybe it's just counting the per-
centage of "official"--not glitch-created--territories.  But I couldn't find any
Ballas or Vagos in those little sliver territories or anywhere else.  Neverthe-
less, the in-game map has more green areas than the map of a save file I have
that has 100% of the territories conquered.

I'm guessing that the reason Rockstar only requires you to get 35% of the ter-
ritories to get 100% completion of the game is that it leaves a margin of safety
between that and the glitchy top end of the scale.

So if you get near 100% and can't find any more Ballas or Vagos, don't worry
about things you don't have to worry about.

I also remember reading in another FAQ (I think it was one of the gang wars FAQ) that it is possible to start a gang war with 2 gang members IF one is revived by a paramedic and killed again. That might work here took, maybe.

AskerB
  • AskerB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I will try to look around between 20:00 until 08:00, but yeah, it sure still sounds like a hard job. And unfortunately, I've killed many people there, but never seen a medic. So revival might not be possible I'm afraid sad.gif

Still sounds like one hell of a job, will try once more for a good 30-minutes or so, if I don't make it I'll try to post my savefile.

Thanks guys.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I may have an idea. If you fly far off the map again and spawn another yellow gang territory close enough, perhaps that would allow for more gang members to spawn within a quicker amount of time. BUT this would only work if another yellow territory is able to spawn close enough.

OR forget what I said above. Heres a method I accedently made up while attempting to spread gang territories. If you go to a gang territory on the outter rim of LS, start a gang war but don't kill the last guy - connect a satchel to him and go to a non-colored area and detonate it [it has to be before it says "You left the gang war, poor show"] it will actually move gang territories without adding new ones. It may move [delete] your difficult one and move it to a better location.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by hall90, 15 February 2013 - 12:13 AM.

QUOTE (AskerB @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 09:15)

I was very confused, but went to look at every small piece of detail on my map once more, and found this:

This is no Gang Territories turf it may be a glitch you got.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

It's there, the cursor is pointing to the bottom right of the rectangle. It extends slightly over the road to the left. It's being counted as one if he's stuck at 98.18%

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 01 May 2013 - 05:51 AM.

All default territories yield gangs at medium density. The ones acquired through glitches yield gangs at low density. Using Rics codes will entail territories at ultra high density. Bayside Marina isn't a default territory, therefore, yields Vagos at low density meaning few will appear on occasion. The upside to this is they won't come in 3 waves with ak's & mp5's but instead 1 wave of 9mm's & bats.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by hall90, 15 February 2013 - 12:48 AM.

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 09:47)
It's there, the cursor is pointing to the bottom right of the rectangle. It extends slightly over the road to the left. It's being counted as one if he's stuck at 98.18%

If it was gang territory turf it would look like this
http://zazmahall.de/...s/thgangwar.jpg

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

Come on guys, don't confuse him. This is a perfectly normal glitched turf for PC. This is the last remaining turf so there aren't many other options for increasing the density since the turf attacks have probably stopped. Glitching more turfs will just add more density 1 turfs, most nowhere near this one, and is too likely to cause other problems to be a proper solution.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 20:25)
Come on guys, don't confuse him. Glitching more turfs will just add more density 1 turfs, most nowhere near this one, and is too likely to cause other problems to be a proper solution.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. The second part of my post [the Feb 14 2013 18:26 post] tells him how to move territories without adding new ones. It transfers one to a new location while taking away a previous location. It's not a well known glitch because nobody ever had a use for it until now.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 11:32)
It's not a well known glitch because nobody ever had a use for it until now.

IIRC, you play on the Xbox version and have reported difficulties getting some of the turf glitches known to work on PC and PS2 to work correctly in your game. Since your observations on other matters seem to be fairly accurate I've come to the conclusion that gang wars are a little difference on Xbox (pending confirmation from other Xbox users).

I've never been able to get any kind of glitch going during a gang war on PC, or PS2v1 and v2. The 3rd Kill routine that appears to be responsible for most of the various "hood abuse" tricks doesn't seem to be active once a gang war has been triggered.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

When I played the PS2 version, my Willowfield (Where Emmett's and Cluckin' Bell are) turf was gray and no gangs spawned there at all, whereas on my PC version, the turf is light green and Grove Street members spawn there. Is this caused by the glitch posted above.

Also worth noticing that...
-In my original PS2 game I had 57 turfs. (All LS Turfs, Bayside Marina, two in Paradiso and El Quebrados)
-In my latest PS2 game I had 53 turfs. (All LS Turfs except Willowfield, Bayside Marina)
-In all other PS2 games, I've had 54 turfs. (All LS Turfs and Bayside Marina)
-In my PC version, I have 53 turfs. (All LS Turfs, no territory outside Los Santos)

All are marked as 100% GSF Territory in the game stats.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 16:05)
QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 11:32)
It's not a well known glitch because nobody ever had a use for it until now.

IIRC, you play on the Xbox version and have reported difficulties getting some of the turf glitches known to work on PC and PS2 to work correctly in your game. Since your observations on other matters seem to be fairly accurate I've come to the conclusion that gang wars are a little difference on Xbox (pending confirmation from other Xbox users).

You are correct. The main glitch that most people use (which I believe is called the Hood abuse glitch) is when a "defend your territory" notice appears. That never worked for me. I instead start a gang war and go through all 3 waves, except I leave the last guy alive and place a satchel bomb on him. Because this is a gang war that I started I can't go too far without abandoning the war. So I go to a non-gang colored area within sight. It then takes a random territory and makes it grey, thus moving it rather expanding the amount of territories.

It's a long shot, the solution I mentioned - that is if it even works on PS2 and PC. Can anybody test to see if my version works on PC or PS2? It should leave the Total Gang Territories number the same. Orion may be correct that these different counsoles aren't going to act the same.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (hall90 @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 00:03)

What?!?! Thats so a territory! Get your eyes check please sneaky2.gif

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 09:53)
QUOTE (hall90 @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 00:03)

What?!?! Thats so a territory! Get your eyes check please sneaky2.gif

OrionSR said This is a perfectly normal glitched turf for PC there. BabeRuth I never new a turf to be there

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

Your right I apologize, didn't read that part.

I don't own, SA for PC so I wouldn't know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users