[IV,EFLC|REL] GIMS Evo IV

189 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 22:05)
QUOTE (jpm1 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 00:27)
when someone creates a great tool that becomes the reference in its category , there's always the temptation for the developper to turn its work into some payware . i think that that decision belongs to the soft developper only (that's why donation systems exist too)

I've already thought about donations...I don't think that I really can get anything real from GIMS, because most of modmakers're studying in schooll and don't have own money.

It's either that, or they have a job, too.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

When someone makes something amazing you can't just go away without a donate button.

You gotta have one.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 22:05)
QUOTE (jpm1 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 00:27)
when someone creates a great tool that becomes the reference in its category , there's always the temptation for the developper to turn its work into some payware . i think that that decision belongs to the soft developper only (that's why donation systems exist too)

I've already thought about donations...I don't think that I really can get anything real from GIMS, because most of modmakers're studying in schooll and don't have own money.

"because most of modmakers're studying in schooll and don't have own money."

this a reality, but for donation its good too, dont let this by side, if some gives ( icon14.gif ) or doesnt ( icon13.gif ) whatever, this his your hobby, like those who pass hours for creating maps and other mod, converting is more easy i mean in time but creating is too long and there's a lot of problems like the one who developp tools, maybe its workin on the first test maybe they have to pass hours to succeed.

and also, those who makes tools and mods dont have time to use their mods/tools, they always tryin to make something new, for me i only use my mod for testing lol, dont have time to pass hours on it, i never see 3doomer making a map lol or Good, not because its hards or else

we are waitin for your genious tool inlove.gif EVO

V is IV september, so we have a loooooooot of time to use IV, we will try to have more vehicules than in SA lol

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 20:08)
QUOTE (3Doomer @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 14:08)
QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Feb 20 2013, 15:00)
^Truth.

When i learnt how to export a IV car (before i knew the dummy hierarchy of cars etc.) just by importing an original IV car to ZM2 and then attaching my new car's panels to the IV cars panels and deleting the faces of the original IV car. After finishing a whole car like that i basically knew the whole hierarchy. The other thing that may be tricky to learn is ZM2's IV material editor, if you're already familiar with ZM2's material editor then it should be much easier.

You can't create your own model dummies and wheel collisions in ZM fast, because it needs a bunch of different flags, which aren't easy editable there...
And the material editor's only the beginning of weird magical manipulations.
I think, that you've to remember too much shader and flag names to set them all properly in ZM - it becomes much easier to copy all of them from an imported car.
That's why I've put all my hopes to GIMS Evo.

IMHO.

Lol doomer, Zmodeler is one of the worst programs I have ever worked with. OFT should be blessing for all GTA 4 vehicle modders.

stfu! it's the easiest tool ever. It is perfect for game modding. It's 100% great.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (chasez @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 01:29)
stfu! it's the easiest tool ever. It is perfect for game modding. It's 100% great.

Your mileage may vary, though. Although I personally find Zmod an ass to use.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

^Truth.

When i learnt how to export a IV car (before i knew the dummy hierarchy of cars etc.) just by importing an original IV car to ZM2 and then attaching my new car's panels to the IV cars panels and deleting the faces of the original IV car. After finishing a whole car like that i basically knew the whole hierarchy. The other thing that may be tricky to learn is ZM2's IV material editor, if you're already familiar with ZM2's material editor then it should be much easier.

You can't create your own model dummies and wheel collisions in ZM fast, because it needs a bunch of different flags, which aren't easy editable there...
I think, that you've to remember too much shader and flag names to set them all properly in ZM - it becomes much easier to copy all of them from an imported car.

IMHO.

Lol doomer, Zmodeler is one of the worst programs I have ever worked with. OFT should be blessing for all GTA 4 vehicle modders.

Not really.
It's not really good and the customer support is really bad.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 02:22)
^Truth.

IMHO.

Not really.

Oh, really. You who doesn't use it knows better than me who mods with it biggrin.gif I've tried a lot of modding tools (including gims) and Zmod IS the easiest and best tool ever. If you're stupid no support on the world can help you. I didn't need any support, I had brain of my own.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by 3Doomer, 22 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

QUOTE (nine30 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 02:38)
i never see 3doomer making a map lol

I'm making mods only for testing puproses or showoff, without releasing anything...for an example, paths and blend shaders testbed's HERE

Tori_95
  • Tori_95

PHD Guy

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hi doomer smile.gif im not a modder but still wanted to say thanks for the work! inlove.gif

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 13:25)
QUOTE (nine30 @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 02:38)
i never see 3doomer making a map lol

I'm making mods only for testing puproses or showoff, without releasing anything...for an example, paths and blend shaders testbed's HERE

Sorry, now I saw 3doomer making a map lol

i supposed that you made map but only for testin wink.gif not for sharing, this track is amazing,

i cannot understand russian sad.gif

you are the most active in GTA MODS/TOOLS, i mean russians wink.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (chasez @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:56)
^Truth.

IMHO.

Not really.

Oh, really. You who doesn't use it knows better than me who mods with it biggrin.gif I've tried a lot of modding tools (including gims) and Zmod IS the easiest and best tool ever. If you're stupid no support on the world can help you. I didn't need any support, I had brain of my own.

Butt Hurt Much?

Dude I've been using Zmod since 2.2.2

But Its just not as good as GIMS.

GIMS is way easier when it comes to exporting and making sure the hierarchy is awesome.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 01:53)
^Truth.

IMHO.

Not really.

Butt Hurt Much?

GIMS is way easier when it comes to exporting and making sure the hierarchy is awesome.

Not to mention Zmod is another factor that gets in between other software...or you create vehicles with Z modeler, chasez? Don't think so. Create stuff with max, export with max, how it should be.

chasez
  • chasez

GTAV? Haven't played it!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 16:29)
QUOTE (quechus13 @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 01:53)
^Truth.

IMHO.

Not really.

Butt Hurt Much?

Not to mention Zmod is another factor that gets in between other software...or you create vehicles with Z modeler, chasez? Don't think so. Create stuff with max, export with max, how it should be.

Not working with max (only to export mesh texture templates), I'm modeling and converting only with Zmod. Of course I'll give GIMS Evo a try but I have to say I wasn't a fan of GIMS.

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Evo's available to download.
Please, reinstall it.

24.2.2013 21:12 GMT+4
Texture searcher fix
Updater fix
Main script update

mr_munch
  • mr_munch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

What about locking files and protection of other work that's already in GTA IV? I'm excited about using Max for Importing and Exporting but I'm worried anyone can just rip anything we put into OpenIV, Import it to max and export it and then claim they made it or converted it. Can you remedy a solution to this please.

miclin
  • miclin

old stager

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (mr_munch @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 22:18)
What about locking files and protection of other work that's already in GTA IV? I'm excited about using Max for Importing and Exporting but I'm worried anyone can just rip anything we put into OpenIV, Import it to max and export it and then claim they made it or converted it. Can you remedy a solution to this please.

Srsly? There are always people who rip stuff. Its almost impossible to avoid that;) . Im just proud of my mods, when i see people who ripped my stuff;)

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by nine30, 24 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 17:17)
Please, reinstall it.

Texture searcher fix
Updater fix
Main script update

you mean we can export ??? suicidal.gif

Mr_munch, if its your own vehicule, i mean you dont want to see it in other games its impossibles, if 3doomer can creat a locker option somebody will unlock it, confused.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 23:01)
Please, reinstall it.

Texture searcher fix
Updater fix
Main script update

Mr_munch, if its your own vehicule, i mean you dont want to see it in other games its impossibles, if 3doomer can creat a locker option somebody will unlock it, confused.gif

Not yet my friend..

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yeah, only the Import option is available.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (mr_munch @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 00:18)

When people 'rip' your stuff, how exactly does it affect you?

GIMS only exports openFormats, everything is editble in Notepad, it would be impossible to provde any kind of lock whatsoever.
It would destroy the purpose of being open.

You should ask the question in OpenIV thread. You can lock models (ODR\ODD), but it will never be fully locked.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 23:35)
QUOTE (nine30 @ Sunday, Feb 24 2013, 23:01)
Please, reinstall it.

Texture searcher fix
Updater fix
Main script update

Not yet my friend..

oops, i thought sad.gif

i will continue some small things i've made, do you know how i can make an object floating ?

a bro told me but its not workin... any idea how to with gims

thx wink.gif

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (mr_munch @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 02:18)

When you import openFormats (ODR/ODD/OFT) in OpenIV here is a option to lock mesh. If you use this option it will not possible export model. Also models which was created and locked with zMod2 is not exportable too.
But people still can use Rippers to grab your stuff from game.

nine30
  • nine30

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

3doomer,

when i import oft, i got problem of textures message.

the EVO window is bigger than my screen, it tooks 1/3 of my screen lol (how can i reduce it, sorry am not expert in those simply things)

For destructible object, I saw that there's a type of dummy, attached to models (forexample_high) and collision (forexampe [COL]), is there anyway to export it easy like GIMS, i mean hierarchy. I wanted to use GIMS to creat then EVO to export is it possible ?

Thx !!! icon14.gif

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:35 AM Edited by 3Doomer, 25 February 2013 - 11:41 AM.

QUOTE (nine30 @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 13:49)
3doomer,

when i import oft, i got problem of textures message.

the EVO window is bigger than my screen, it tooks 1/3 of my screen lol (how can i reduce it, sorry am not expert in those simply things)

For destructible object, I saw that there's a type of dummy, attached to models (forexample_high) and collision (forexampe [COL]), is there anyway to export it easy like GIMS, i mean hierarchy. I wanted to use GIMS to creat then EVO to export is it possible ?

Thx !!! icon14.gif

Just wait for the export. May be, I'll change hierarchy...don't know yet.

What's wrong with the textures? May be, you haven't extracted them from .WTD to the .OFT file directory?

Talking about the window, execute these commands from the MaxScript Listener(or just save and execute as a script) and tell me what it says:
GIMS.UI.DPI

sz = GIMS.Core.GUIProps.MainWindowSize

GIMS.UI.ScaleUICoord sz

Graphics = ((DotNETClass "System.Drawing.Graphics").FromHWnd (DotNETObject "System.IntPtr" (Windows.GetMAXHWND())))

Graphics.DPIX

Graphics.DPIY

It should look like that:
[3.77953,3.77953]
[127,212]
[480,801]
dotNetObject:System.Drawing.Graphics

May be, you haven't set proper resolution for your screen? That might be a reason.

mr_munch
  • mr_munch

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (GooD-NTS @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 06:01)
QUOTE (mr_munch @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 02:18)

When you import openFormats (ODR/ODD/OFT) in OpenIV here is a option to lock mesh. If you use this option it will not possible export model. Also models which was created and locked with zMod2 is not exportable too.
But people still can use Rippers to grab your stuff from game.

Thank's for the mature reply. I don't really have anything to protect as I'm not a modeler but for those who are, it is a huge relief.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

tried to import a wdr and i couldn't manage to import so far . i get lot of errors reports sent

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (jpm1 @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 21:07)
tried to import a wdr and i couldn't manage to import so far . i get lot of errors reports sent

Contact me through Skype(treedoomer)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Any ETA on the WFT export?

3Doomer
  • 3Doomer

GIMS developer

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

No...I've got a lot of work IRL sad.gif

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (3Doomer @ Monday, Mar 11 2013, 04:00)
No...I've got a lot of work IRL sad.gif

I understand. I'm just a little anxious about it, you know. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users