Photo

Grand Theft Auto V DLC

43 replies to this topic
GTALAD4EVA2012
  • GTALAD4EVA2012

GTA Crazy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Don't know if this has already been posted, but thought I would make a topic on DLC. What do you guys thing the future DLC will be?

Take 2 said it was too early to think about it, but we can still speculate, right?:

It probably won't be an extended story, but I'm thinking maybe new Multiplayer weapons and modes, maybe cars? What do you guys think?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

For the love of god! stop making useless topics when there are already a bunch more like this already! Dammit! facedesk.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

A female protagonist?

GTALAD4EVA2012
  • GTALAD4EVA2012

GTA Crazy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 22:36)
For the love of god! stop making useless topics when there are already a bunch more like this already! Dammit! facedesk.gif

Where is the another topic which talks about DLC?

GTALAD4EVA2012
  • GTALAD4EVA2012

GTA Crazy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 22:37)
A female protagonist?

Yeah, it would be nice to see a Female Protagonist, make a change to the GTA series, but would it have a too bigger impact. Like, what I mean is, it's never been done before, the series, I believe has always had Male Protagonists. Would it still feel the same?

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:36)
For the love of god! stop making useless topics when there are already a bunch more like this already! Dammit!  facedesk.gif

Do you know what is even worse than duplicate topics? Replies like this one. If you are aware of the existence of a topic of the same subject then go ahead and report the duplicate topic instead of replying in it just to complain.

Anyway, to be honest I don't like DLCs at all and since we already know that Rockstar isn't going to make big add-ons as the GTA IV add-ons again, we can only expect DLCs of a small scale.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

A DLC involving some sort of paranormal. I'm not talking zombies or an alien invasion. But something mysterious like a f*cked up serial killer or bigfoot. And theres a 15-20 mission storyline involving them.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 17:44)
For the love of god! stop making useless topics when there are already a bunch more like this already! Dammit!  facedesk.gif

Do you know what is even worse than duplicate topics? Replies like this one. If you are aware of the existence of a topic of the same subject then go ahead and report the duplicate topic instead of replying in it just to complain.

Anyway, to be honest I don't like DLCs at all and since we already know that Rockstar isn't going to make big add-ons as the GTA IV add-ons again, we can only expect DLCs of a small scale.

You're lucky i'm in a good mood. Anyway. On Topic, No I don't want any DLC because everything should already be in the game.

GTALAD4EVA2012
  • GTALAD4EVA2012

GTA Crazy

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 22:44)

What sort of 'small' DLC's to you think they'll do? - I'm not a bug fan of DLC, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

I know alot of people want a Zombie DLC, maybe they'll do that? Although imo, I think it would probably ruin the Series.

TheD94
  • TheD94

Undead

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:44)
we can only expect DLCs of a small scale.

Like additional missions for the current protagonists and more weapons & vehicles & activities.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

A female protagonist would be amazing and just open up the world options further. I'm thinking along the lines of a honeypot mole that sweet talks information from people in the same vain as "Michelle" in IV. It'll be interesting to seduce a person and go back to their place to sneak round for info. Maybe it has to be done in a certain time limit? More info you get the better value your information is to the gang or even the black market smile.gif .

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

A female protagonist?

I'd dislike and wouldn't buy the DLC, unless there's another one with a typical Gta Male one.

Personally, i'd like to see a DLC with new modes and features added to the game and another one with a different story and character, a Latino one.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 10 February 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Well, I would say small DLCs like clothes for the protagonists, new additional vehicles and weapons and/or perhaps new side-missions. If that turns out to be true then I'm not going to waste any money for them.

I do not think that Rockstar would make a zombie or female protagonist DLC for GTA V and even if, I wouldn't buy that either since I dislike DLCs in general. GTA Episodes from Liberty City was an exception because it was big, had two storylines, new characters, new vehicles, weapons, and new features. That was great but since it was profitable enough for Rockstar and since they said they wouldn't do something big like this ever again, we can only expect 'small' DLCs.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (FutoDriver @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 22:51)
A female protagonist would be amazing and just open up the world options further. I'm thinking along the lines of a honeypot mole that sweet talks information from people in the same vain as "Michelle" in IV. It'll be interesting to seduce a person and go back to their place to sneak round for info. Maybe it has to be done in a certain time limit? More info you get the better value your information is to the gang or even the black market smile.gif .

I don't know if this is sexist, but I don't think a female protag works for a stand alone game. But one would be great for a DLC. I suspect there'll be tonnes of DLC, and I hope more playable characters are introduced through them.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 17:52)
A female protagonist?

I'd dislike and wouldn't buy the DLC, unless there's another one with a typical Gta Male one.

Personally, i'd like to see a DLC with new modes and features added to the game and another one with a different story and character, a Latino one.

That's a bummer, refusing to buy a DLC simply because of the protagonist's gender dozingoff.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 22:54)
A female protagonist?

That's a bummer, refusing to buy a DLC simply because of the protagonist's gender dozingoff.gif

I would strongly dislike playing as a female protag because my POV would be as if I was one, it doesn't really make sense and i'm used to the typical male one.

I have to say it before it's too late, and they actually make it like that and ruin the game for me, at least.

You can't just force the majority of male players to experience the protag's POV as a female, seducing men and doing who know's what as if you'd wish you were one irl.

My opinion.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

A female protagonist?

Welcome to general human society. Sure some could call it a personal choice not to buy a dlc because of the character gender. But it's kind of a sexist choice.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 18:00)
A female protagonist?

I would strongly dislike playing as a female protag because my POV would be as if I was one, it doesn't really make sense and i'm used to the typical male one.

I have to say it before it's too late, and they actually make it like that and ruin the game for me, at least.

You can't just force the majority of male players to experience the protag's POV as a female, seducing men and doing who know's what as if you'd wish you were one irl.

My opinion.

If that's the case, I don't think you'll like the new Tomb Raider game coming out then confused.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:03)
QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 18:00)
A female protagonist?

My opinion.

If that's the case, I don't think you'll like the new Tomb Raider game coming out then confused.gif

Honestly, i've played that once when I was younger, there's an amount of games i've played, tough.

And I wouldn't call it sexist because I don't mind about the MP having females in it.

That's like saying you're BI, because you want to play as a female protag, right? moto_whistle.gif

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:00)
[QUOTE=Revolution-XW,Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 17:52]

My opinion.

Playing as a female protag in a game does not mean everyone wishes they were one lol. Thinking like that limits your imagination and that's a pretty sad thing for yourself and the art form of computer games. I would hate to think we have to have "set rules" when it comes to character creation or maybe this is just the modern day gamer?

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (FutoDriver @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:13)
[QUOTE=Revolution-XW,Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:00] [QUOTE=Revolution-XW,Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 17:52]

My opinion. [/QUOTE]

Playing as a female protag in a game does not mean everyone wishes they were one lol. Thinking like that limits your imagination and that's a pretty sad thing for yourself and the art form of computer games. I would hate to think we have to have "set rules" when it comes to character creation or maybe this is just the modern day gamer?

I simply feel uncomfortable playing as one, it makes me feel like I am one irl.

I simply wouldn't want to play as one, you can't force me to do so, though.

No offense, but I'm sure a lot of the Gta fans wouldn't like playing as a male protag that likes guys. I hope you understand where i'm going.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:37 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 10 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:18)

No offense, but I'm sure a lot of the Gta fans wouldn't like playing as a male protag that likes guys. I hope you understand where i'm going.

The beauty of DLC is you're not forced. I also don't think a female GTA protagonist would be anything like you're describing. Why would R* have us "seducing men"? They know who plays their games. She would probably act just like a male protagonist.

And no offense, but you should be a little more secure with yourself than that. It shouldn't be that easy to make you feel like a girl. confused.gif

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:37)

Playing as a female protag in a game does not mean everyone wishes they were one lol. Thinking like that limits your imagination and that's a pretty sad thing for yourself and the art form of computer games. I would hate to think we have to have "set rules" when it comes to character creation or maybe this is just the modern day gamer? [/QUOTE]

No offense, but I'm sure a lot of the Gta fans wouldn't like playing as a male protag that likes guys. I hope you understand where i'm going. [/QUOTE]
The beauty of DLC is you're not forced. I also don't think a female GTA protagonist would be anything like you're describing. Why would R* have us "seducing men"? They know who plays their games. She would probably act just like a male protagonist.

And no offense, but you should be a little more secure with yourself than that. It shouldn't be that easy to make you feel like a girl. confused.gif

Lol..? It's funny when people say stuff to keep on going with something.

I said that so that they make a different DLC that i'd enjoy better, my opinion like I said before.

Why wouldn't R* have us 'seducing men' if you're a female? They didn't say they wouldn't, honestly, it's possible.

But yeah, I wouldn't care how she would act, like I said, it's more believing if she acted like I said, too, more common. [inb4, I didn't say its not possible.]

Honestly, it shouldn't be your problem if I wouldn't want to play as one, or if I feel like i'm one while playing as one. I don't think you'd enjoy playing as a male protag that's into guys, and act and talk a certain way [realism], you simply wouldn't want to, why is that a problem?

It's not a problem for me if you want to play as one, but I don't want R* to ruin a DLC with something I'd dislike and would stop me from getting it, simple.

It's my opinion. rolleyes.gif

gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

not a female protagonist, i can't see a dominant strong woman who would prosper. she would have to be able to fist fight, fit the bill as a killer, have some training to offer(military and gang are kind of used alot and i don't know where else she would get her training). Even in gangs women are usually the ones at the lowest end of the food chain and it would seem weird to put in a pretty unskilled low level gang member or military because trevor is already the guy they are using that on.

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

I saw this on a comment on a video.
The idea is vinewood studios where you can go into a movie shoot of a movie genre and play missions as Michael for example in a movie genre like a western or horror.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'd rather look at Officer Vasquez ass whiles playing than Trevors. That's my logic. Just think of girls like Gina Carino. Yup, shes a woman, but she'd kick all of our asses and can use a gun.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:58)
The idea is vinewood studios where you can go into a movie shoot of a movie genre and play missions as Michael for example in a movie genre like a western or horror.

Da f*ck did I just read?

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (VoiceoftheVoiceless @ Monday, Feb 11 2013, 02:02)
QUOTE (omer19992010 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:58)

Da f*ck did I just read?

Dude you just read the movie script of Adam Sandlers next blockbuster of a waste of 85 minutes

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (Revolution-XW @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 23:46)

[/QUOTE]
Lol..? It's funny when people say stuff to keep on going with something.

I said that so that they make a different DLC that i'd enjoy better, my opinion like I said before.

Why wouldn't R* have us 'seducing men' if you're a female? They didn't say they wouldn't, honestly, it's possible.

But yeah, I wouldn't care how she would act, like I said, it's more believing if she acted like I said, too, more common. [inb4, I didn't say its not possible.]

Honestly, it shouldn't be your problem if I wouldn't want to play as one, or if I feel like i'm one while playing as one. I don't think you'd enjoy playing as a male protag that's into guys, and act and talk a certain way [realism], you simply wouldn't want to, why is that a problem?

It's not a problem for me if you want to play as one, but I don't want R* to ruin a DLC with something I'd dislike and would stop me from getting it, simple.

It's my opinion. rolleyes.gif

If cool if that's your opinion, and I'm not saying nothing against your opinion, but when you say stuff like "you can't force me to do so" or "seducing men", its a bit different.

If you just said you don't want to play as a female, cool. I have nothing to say to that. I'm responding to your reasons.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Why does everyone want a female protagonist so bad?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users