• England

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

what?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

Look, if you want someone to respond to any of this with more than a yes or no, actually write down WHAT it would be about, give a description of some kind storyline you'd like to see, or what you think would make this a "good idea".

Now this just looks like a spam topic with:

"HOW BOUT GTA IN STONE AGE LOLZ?!?!?"

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 11:51)
Look, if you want someone to respond to any of this with more than a yes or no, actually write down WHAT it would be about, give a description of some kind storyline you'd like to see, or what you think would make this a "good idea".

well idk really you could play as one of al capones goons and free roam etc

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 11:53)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 11:51)

well idk really you could play as one of al capones goons and free roam etc

You'll need alot more than that to start a good discussion.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

i like the atmosphere like driving youre car with fats waller on the on the radio and parking the car and walking into a speakeasy

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 10 February 2013 - 12:44 PM.

It's actually crossed my mind before, but I'd love an 1800s Australia. That period was to us what the "Wild West" was to America. Gold rush, robberies, gunslinging etc.

I think it would be great roaming mid 1800s New South Wales and Victoria. Ned Kelly would be excellent for R* to give their touch. It's unlikely there'll ever be a modern day game set in Australia, but I'd be happy if R* could give the Bushranger period justice like RDR. smile.gif
  • gta_aus likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 10 February 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Rockstar has already a problem with releasing Agent, a game was was announced by Sony in July 2007 as PS3 exlusive title, that is set during the cold war in the 1970s. In September 2009 Rockstar stated in an Asked&Answered that Agent could release in 2010 but the release never happened. They should release that game, provided that it's not cancelled, before they start to develope a new IP yet again. Well, an openworld game in the 1930s would be definitely something new and I would be interested in it but the question is if Rockstar is going to do it.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Maybe share some ideas instead of just posting a short sentence?

I think a game in the Prohibition era would be fantastic. I would prefer it set in the 1920's tbh. Atlantic City would be a perfect location and it would also be great if you could travel to other cities like Chicago or New York. I'm a big fan of the tv series 'Boardwalk Empire' and I suggest anybody who is interested in the prohibition era to watch it. That is set in Atlantic City so that is where I got the idea of a prohibition era game being mainly set in Atlantic City but like I said; it would be great if you could have the option to travel to Chicago or New York to do bushiness or missions.

I had an idea of a Irish man coming over to America to work for his uncle who is like the mayor or treasurer for Atlantic City also a gangster(based on Enoch Johnson who is the main character on Boardwalk Empire but is called Enoch Thompson on the tv show) The protagonist also comes over with his father. I was thinking the enemies could be the Chicago outfit and they kill the protagonist's father which sparks a big war between Atlantic City and Chicago.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I would like to see a GTA set in the late 40's/early 50's. I absolutely love that era!

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

Maybe share some ideas instead of just posting a short sentence?

I think a game in the Prohibition era would be fantastic. I would prefer it set in the 1920's tbh. Atlantic City would be a perfect location and it would also be great if you could travel to other cities like Chicago or New York. I'm a big fan of the tv series 'Boardwalk Empire' and I suggest anybody who is interested in the prohibition era to watch it. That is set in Atlantic City so that is where I got the idea of a prohibition era game being mainly set in Atlantic City but like I said; it would be great if you could have the option to travel to Chicago or New York to do bushiness or missions.

I had an idea of a Irish man coming over to America to work for his uncle who is like the mayor or treasurer for Atlantic City also a gangster(based on Enoch Johnson who is the main character on Boardwalk Empire but is called Enoch Thompson on the tv show) The protagonist also comes over with his father. I was thinking the enemies could be the Chicago outfit and they kill the protagonist's father which sparks a big war between Atlantic City and Chicago.

yeah i'd really love to see Rockstar make a game set during the Roaring 20s/Prohibition era, especially after seeing this image: 

Roosevelt-GTAV-front.jpg

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:57 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 22 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

It's unlikely there'll ever be a modern day game set in Australia, but I'd be happy if R* could give the Bushranger period justice like RDR. smile.gif

The rest of the world, would look at this like a game that should only be released in Australia. :lol:

...and it would just seem like an Aussie version of RDR anyways.

Why not just continue RDR?

I was thinking Tokyo. I am all for a different setting, and know little about Australia or Tokyo. So it would be a new experience either way as far as culture in the game. But I seriously believe they should stick with the RDR settings and keep that classic feel instead of the modern trollism GTA captures so well.

I say Tokyo for the New GTA. If not, I would say Old west anywhere (even kangaroo land) for a new version/continuance of RDR.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by OurJud, 21 February 2014 - 10:51 PM.

The only GTA I want to see is one done in first-person... with dedicated no HUD servers... using the Arma engine, whatever that might be.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

The only GTA I want to see is one done in first-person... with dedicated no HUD servers... using the Arma engine, whatever that might be.

LOL, I swear you have something against huds. But to be honest, if you want such a game, you might as well play something like Far Cry 3, or just play Arma/DayZ.

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

LOL, I swear you have something against huds. But to be honest, if you want such a game, you might as well play something like Far Cry 3, or just play Arma/DayZ.

And you'd be dead right. It's an almost pathological hatred.

As for Far Cry 3, that still has a HUD, and I can't play Arma/Dayz because I don't have a gaming PC.

People don't seem to appreciate what I mean when I say 'no HUD'. By no HUD I mean nothing on the screen at any point during gameplay, EVER. The only console games I've ever known where that is an option are KIllzone 2 and 3.
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

If you have an alright PC you can get Battlefield 2 and install Project Reality.

Nuggets
  • Nuggets

SenseiKOFF

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by Nuggets, 22 February 2014 - 07:20 PM.

One that I would like to see is the 70's disco years of Liberty City with pimps and ho's at the Triangle. :D

Ibrahim-al baghdadi
  • Ibrahim-al baghdadi

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

I think It would be good to have a new Manhunt added to the series, common graphics have come a long way It'll be fun, after all It's not real people, just a video game.

Shame society doesn't see It that way.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Here is the problem.

Not a lot of developers will fully commit to a fully authentic realistic portrayal of a time period in the past. As games have gotten more mainstream over the last generation, this is less and less likely to happen. AAA titles are marketed to the casual pick up and play gamer that will just be amazed by anything you put infront of them. Why really put in all that effort and attention to detail if most people who buy it don't care. Which makes it sh*t for the hardcore gamers out there.

I was hoping The Order 1886 would be something along these lines, an accurate period in time we get to experience, but all it ends up being is just a backdrop and just a vehicle to sell a pointless supernatural futuristic game set in a time that is not modern.

We had LA Noire already, and that was really great, even though there practically was no replayability or side gameplay to mess around with, it was a great experience for a week or so while you finished it. But that is the exception.

I have been dying for a really decent Vietnam War themed game for the longest time, or even just a WW1 themed action game. We don't entirely need to focus 100% on the battles of those wars but using them as a backdrop for other storylines and using that era with those weapons and the problems people had during that time to create something unique, instead of something that will end up being controversial for no damn reason.

But nobody wants to make those type of games. They would rather just make a steampunk fake adaptation of an era because they can't be bothered to put the time in.

What we end up with is a game that ends up taking the piss out of the era it is meant to be respectfully recreating.

At that point we may as well just play a game about the American Civil War in space, and we can put lazers and thermal scopes on our muzzle loading muskets.

• universetwisters, Ciaran and iiGh0STt like this

Fu11Force
  • Fu11Force

Corrupt

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by Fu11Force, 22 February 2014 - 10:20 PM.

I would like Bully 2. It's been too long.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I was thinking go back to the Tokyo Roots of GTA

"go back"? Did GTA have any Tokyo Roots to begin with?

A Bully 2 would be cool, or perhaps even Manhunt 3! Oh man, imagine the Manhunt 3 multiplayer, stealthy deathmatches, bladed instruments of pain, if anyone comes out of the shadows they get cobbled by the other players, and all that fun stuff.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 22 February 2014 - 10:45 PM.

A Bully 2 would be cool, or perhaps even Manhunt 3! Oh man, imagine the Manhunt 3 multiplayer, stealthy deathmatches, bladed instruments of pain, if anyone comes out of the shadows they get cobbled by the other players, and all that fun stuff.

I thought the old top down ones with the Yakuza and Zaibatsu was Tokyo. sorry, I remember now they called it "Anywhere USA"

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

I thought the old top down ones with the Yakuza and Zaibatsu was Tokyo. sorry, I remember now they called it "Anywhere USA"

I'll admit though, they haven't touched the Yakuzas since Liberty City Stories, if my mind serves me. It'd be cool to see them again, but you rarely hear of them operating in America. Outside of Italian-American mafias, the Triads seem to be more commonplace than the Yakuza.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:18 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 22 February 2014 - 11:19 PM.

I'll admit though, they haven't touched the Yakuzas since Liberty City Stories, if my mind serves me. It'd be cool to see them again, but you rarely hear of them operating in America. Outside of Italian-American mafias, the Triads seem to be more commonplace than the Yakuza.

I miss those days when they could throw in gangs from anywhere around the world and even make some up, and it was more than cool.

now, people would never stand for it.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

Why wouldn't they stand for it, in GTA IV they had the Italian Mafia, Russian Mafia, Yakuza, and African American Gangs.

GTA needs more gangs, I don't think anyone would complain.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

I wouldn't mind a Prohibition Era game, but it would be a lot more interesting if they came at it from another angle besides the Italian Mafia. Maybe you could be a member of the Irish Mob, or one of the other gangs who operated during that time period? Think that would make for a more fun and interesting game.

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

I wouldn't mind a Prohibition Era game, but it would be a lot more interesting if they came at it from another angle besides the Italian Mafia. Maybe you could be a member of the Irish Mob, or one of the other gangs who operated during that time period? Think that would make for a more fun and interesting game.

just throw the italian mafia, irish mob, and some independent operators; then we're able to pick a side. everyone is happy!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

So you want GTA. But not GTA,

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

not like it's going to happen. so what's the point of discussion? :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users