Another Question (Vigilante)

6 replies to this topic
Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

I keep looking up 'Do you have to do vigilante in one sitting gta3' on the internet and it just keeps telling me how to start the mission. (Seriously, people need help with that but not with my dilemma?)

I ask because I've never done the vigilante mission before for GTA 3 and I was able to complete them in one sitting in Portland.
But in Staunton I've had no end of trouble, I managed to get 13 Criminals but then my Rhino flipped and I made a run for it, tried to steal an FBI Cruiser and got busted while speeding away by some supercop. I really don't want to do that again, so would I be able to hop into a Police Car and kill 7 criminals for it to count as the Staunton 20 Criminals or would I need to kill another 20 to count.

Thanks

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

No, you don't have to do all 20 in one go as far as I know. What matter is that you do at least 20 on each island, how you do them is up to you if I remember correctly. The same goes for Firefighter I think.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

If i'm not mistaken, you must do 20 on each island(20 on Portland/20 on Stautan/20 on Shoreside Vale) to get it to count-you cannot do just 60 on one island...

Also, unlike other GTA's(VC to LCS) where they must be done in one sitting, III can be done at anytime(example, 5 here and there)

Also, in III it is a little easier as there is a trick to where all you have to do is get close to the suspect and press "F1" to get to replay mode and press F1 again to exit replay mode and the suspect will exit their vehicle making them easier to catch... smile.gif

Keep in mind that this is from memory, as I haven't played III in a while.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

I'm on iPad so the 'F1' trick won't work. xD
I'll keep that in mind when I get to that point again on PC.

But it's a relief to find that out, saved me a lot of pain in the long run.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

It also works with the pause button. Pause the game as you get close to a suspect and see if he gets out of the car after you unpause.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Gary-X @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:21)
I'm on iPad so the 'F1' trick won't work. xD
I'll keep that in mind when I get to that point again on PC.

But it's a relief to find that out, saved me a lot of pain in the long run.

You can still access the replay feature though. I have no idea how but on my android tablet you have to press the menu button

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

You absolutely don't need to do all twenty in one sitting. Good thing too, chasing crooks on Shoreside Vale is awful (just try getting from Francis International to Wichita Gardens in 1:30) and you'll be lucky to manage just a few at a time, but they mount up. And pausing the game to get the perps out of their cars isn't perfectly effective; the other guy needs to be in range; sometimes you'll need to hit the F1 or Menu button three or four times without the guy even slowing down, sometimes the guy stops but immediately gets back in his car or hijacks someone else's. By the way, vigilante missions, especially on Staunton Island, are the best money-makers in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users