chaging name

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic
dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

I want to change my name n here I am a fairly old member and want to change my name because I want a new one I wondered if any admin would want to do this for me thanks smile.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (dansgas1000 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:28)
I want to change my name n here I am a fairly old member and want to change my name because I want a new one I wondered if any admin would want to do this for me thanks smile.gif

Sorry we cannot do name changes, and when I say cannot, the software wont allow it at the moment, the new software is almost in beta stage so either be patient or make a new account.

xChaos Reigns
  • xChaos Reigns

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Waddy @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 01:29)
QUOTE (dansgas1000 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 13:28)

Sorry we cannot do name changes, and when I say cannot, the software wont allow it at the moment, the new software is almost in beta stage so either be patient or make a new account.

Apologies if I misread your post but are you implying that with the new software you will be allowing name changes? And also, is the next software version going to be v1.5, 2 or something different?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by shoumic, 15 February 2013 - 03:36 AM.

Well the new software Gtaforums is going to use is V1.5 and it will be built on pre existing software but not IPB. I believe name changes won't be allowed in V 1.5 although technically it's possible since the Admin CP should be fine again. After V 1.5 we will see V2 which is being made from scratch by Tank (The founder) and I believe only then name changes will be allowed again when V2 is released (Since that's what written on his signiture). Expect GTANet V 1.5 to come around later this year and V2 in the next couple of years.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Thursday, Feb 14 2013, 22:33)
Well the new software Gtaforums is going to use is V1.5 and it will be built on pre existing software but not IPB. I believe name changes won't be allowed in V 1.5 although technically it's possible since the Admin CP should be fine again.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm guessing we will allow name changes limited to once a year, possibly at the user level (meaning without having to ask an admin). Obviously we can't allow users to change their names willy nilly, otherwise a lot of people will just change them every day and it'll be hard to know who is who.

On a side note, I personally never understood why so many people fret over their user names. I've kept the same dumbass name for over a decade now and I honestly couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it. /.02

Linc.
  • Linc.

Damage, Inc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 15:27)
On a side note, I personally never understood why so many people fret over their user names.

Try telling that to HOLDMYBALLSACK. wink.gif

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 08:19)
QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Friday, Feb 15 2013, 15:27)
On a side note, I personally never understood why so many people fret over their user names.

Try telling that to HOLDMYBALLSACK. wink.gif

biggrin.gif

Anyway, no name changes just yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users