Dismembering in game

69 replies to this topic
WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

RDR nailed it. You could see gashes and blood wounds very easily, but it didn't go overboard and produce holes in dead bodies.

The blood stains on characters in IV were weaksauce.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm not so obsessed with gore, but I would love to see it at least on Red Dead Redemption's level in GTA V, which will be the case most likely.
QUOTE (zzcool @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:11)
QUOTE (Cyfa @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 07:17)
Would be f*cked up. The amount of gore and bullet holes in MP3 was bad enough, so if you're looking for some cool weapon damage, expect something like the damage from MP3 to be in GTAV.

vice city had more gore then mp3

Hmm...
user posted image

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:42)
I'm not so obsessed with gore, but I would love to see it at least on Red Dead Redemption's level in GTA V, which will be the case most likely.
Would be f*cked up. The amount of gore and bullet holes in MP3 was bad enough, so if you're looking for some cool weapon damage, expect something like the damage from MP3 to be in GTAV.

Hmm...
user posted image

That is nothing...

If that is what you guys are talking about so much then I am disappointed. That's just some blood after a face to the shot (and the face is still there...)

THC 300
  • THC 300

hombre condón

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

call me a sick bastard, but I'd love it devil.gif

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

The cool thing is when you get older you actually outgrow this sh*t. It's not just a thing old people say. Trust me. One morning you'll wake up, see that you're actually starting to grow hair on your nuts and suddenly all will make sense.

Lol gore. Even more worthless a feature than buying houses.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Lol why not? GTA is long over due for dismemberment (other than the headshots and katana slices from the III era) as long as its not way over the top like a f*cking Mortal Kombat fatality it will be good. And also it should match the caliber of weapon. Like of course 50 cals can blow off limbs (tungsten rounds can blow of limbs even by grazing a few feet from the target), or limbs and ocassionally torsos can be blown off by powerful explosions.

And I say ocassionally because I don't want the novelty to wear off.

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:54)
The cool thing is when you get older you actually outgrow this sh*t. It's not just a thing old people say. Trust me. One morning you'll wake up, see that you're actually starting to grow hair on your nuts and suddenly all will make sense.

What the hell is this?

So you prefer nothing? Just shooting random people and see nothing?

I just... Whut? confused.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 10 February 2013 - 04:38 AM.

QUOTE (III H1TMaN III @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 08:46)

Hmm...
user posted image

That is nothing...

If that is what you guys are talking about so much then I am disappointed. That's just some blood after a face to the shot (and the face is still there...)

MP3 was quite disturbing in terms of gore. There were parts where I literally cringed. confused.gif

VC and SA really aren't that violent. I've always found their violence to be more comical than anything.

Scarface: The World is Yours is more violent than VC and SA combined if you want to stick to a Xbox/PS2 game. You can cut people in half with a chainsaw in that and it looks more realistic than the comic style blood spurts from VC and SA.

Anyway given how real R.A.G.E makes models look perhaps R* is hesitant to add dismembering because it would probably be a bit too much. MP3 is probably as violent as we'll ever see this gen. R* could probably get away with it if it wasn't so real looking.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:44 AM

Sure. I can see Trevor wielding a chainsaw tounge2.gif

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 15:11)

It had blood pools. MP3 gore is flippin' insane.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (baguvix_wanrltw @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:54)

Just own your personal opinion. You don't like gore, which is cool. Your nut hair or lack thereof has nothing to do with your opinion. It makes it sound like you have no friends or family your own age, which is okay as well, but don't try to make your opinion more meaningful by connecting it to age.

And you should probably look up False-consensus effect.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 04:27)

Hmm...
user posted image

That is nothing...

MP3 was quite disturbing in terms of gore. There were parts where I literally cringed. confused.gif

VC and SA really aren't that violent. I've always found their violence to be more comical than anything.

Scarface: The World is Yours is more violent than VC and SA combined if you want to stick to a Xbox/PS2 game. You can cut people in half with a chainsaw in that and it looks more realistic than the comic style blood spurts from VC and SA.

Anyway given how real R.A.G.E makes models look perhaps R* is hesitant to add dismembering because it would probably be a bit too much. MP3 is probably as violent as we'll ever see this gen. R* could probably get away with it if it wasn't so real looking.

odd i may have looked past all the gore as all i saw was random red spots where you shoot and blood

but thats it

in vice city you could shoot off a guys head then see a fountain of blood

you could even shoot a guys head off in a car

i have no memory of mp3 being gory and i am pretty sensitive against gore for example the head scene in tbogt was just way too much in my opinion

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 05:02)

Hmm...
user posted image

That is nothing...

odd i may have looked past all the gore as all i saw was random red spots where you shoot and blood

but thats it

i have no memory of mp3 being gory and i am pretty sensitive against gore for example the head scene in tbogt was just way too much in my opinion

What about the machete kill or the death of marcelo???

MGSFAN612
  • MGSFAN612

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Slippery Gypsy @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 02:04)
Say bye to the game if your in australia then.

I guess Australia won't be getting Metal Gear Rising then?

Or is it ok since the characters you dismember are either cyborgs or robots.

Just to be on topic it would be nice if we at least had a cheat ode for turning some's head into a pink mist like you could in GTA III, VC and I think SA.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Gordito37 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 17:32)
Why shouldn't it be in V, It was in San andreas. Remember headshots with desert eagle ! What about ballshot in V ?  panic.gif   panic.gif

because seeing someone's head explode from a pistol shot would look pretty f*cking stupid now given how far the series has evolved. bullets just don't work that way.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Mikey_Navaja @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 06:18)
Why shouldn't it be in V, It was in San andreas. Remember headshots with desert eagle ! What about ballshot in V ?  panic.gif   panic.gif

because seeing someone's head explode from a pistol shot would look pretty f*cking stupid now given how far the series has evolved. bullets just don't work that way.

Yeah, nothing like the III era games, but it's surprising how much damage is done to the head depending on the round. Manhunt was more accurate.

R* does really good entry wounds, but the larger caliber bullets should make pretty big nasty holes when they exit. A .50 could definitely explode some heads.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (matajuegos @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 05:33)
QUOTE (zzcool @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 05:02)

Hmm...
user posted image

That is nothing...

but thats it

don't tell me that was from rdr i have not even played that game yet sad.gif

infact i probably don't want to know i will just try to trick myself theres someone else with that name

crackhead91090
  • crackhead91090

I don't want a f*cking title

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 20:49)

In VC you could also shoot someones limbs off.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Cyfa @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 15:49)

Every time blood came off a guy I shot, I kept asking my self How is this not Banned in Australia

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (zzcool @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 07:06)
QUOTE (matajuegos @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 05:33)

don't tell me that was from rdr i have not even played that game yet sad.gif

infact i probably don't want to know i will just try to trick myself theres someone else with that name

Don't worry, he is not talking about Red Dead Redemption, he is talking about Max Payne 3.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 20:42)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:28)
QUOTE (Slippery Gypsy @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 17:04)
Say bye to the game if your in australia then.

So wrong. They re-introduced the R18+ ratin before video games over here, it's almost impossible for games to be fully banned now.

That's not entirely true if you could dismember people and it was rated R it would be banned in QLD because they haven't passed the R Rating yet, it the reason GOW Acension won't be available there

That's 100% true however majority of Australia would be fine with it. smile.gif

Gordito37
  • Gordito37

Fat dirty bitch

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Stupid but really funny !!

The Viperman
  • The Viperman

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:57 PM Edited by Seddo, 10 February 2013 - 03:38 PM.

http://shrani.si/f/1...-07-24-15-5.jpg
Resize it.

PsicopataBrutal
  • PsicopataBrutal

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

That'd be A-W-E-S-O-M-E...

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

I don't get it, why would someone "cringe" or feel bad when seeing some gore in a game, it's just... a game...

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Video game gore is funny. Just like hollywood "horror" movies aren't scary, the opposite. They try so hard they're just sad and/or funny.

You can not take them seriously. That's the whole concept behind a little game called Postal.... among others.

And it makes no sense for a serious game to make you burst out laughing every time you have to shoot someone.

That sh*t may work in Postal and Manhunt. But it has no place in GTA.

If you really need that crap don't worry, it won't be in the vanilla game but it will be modded in like always.

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Gordito37 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 06:56)
Hi,
I don't know if this ever has been disscussed, but i would like to know what do you think. I believe this could be pretty awesome to dismember people by shooting in hands with shotgun or with explosives. devil.gif

Don't see why not. It will be an 18.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Gordito37 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 11:23)

Stupid but really funny !!

if you're under the age of twelve maybe. confused.gif

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Mm9090 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 00:07)
Doesn't some game have a 'gore setting?' I don't see why they can't add this. If u set it to 0 - people won't even bleed when attacked, if you set it to max - limbs will fly off and beheading people will be possible.

This. All of this. That way if you don't like the gore it isn't forced on you.

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Lt.

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I think the only upgrade to gore needed and allowed (maybe) would be Red Dead Redemption's style gore, essentially adding a entry and exit wound, better blood on clothes etc.
you wouldn't get away with dismemberment in GTA, its too real-world setting. I think the only reason RDR get away with the slight upgrade is because it's set in 1911-14

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users